Soul Calibur Broken Destiny available this month on PlayStation Plus Classics Catalog

Iceweb38

[10] Knight
After a leak last year, Soul Calibur Broken Destiny will finally be added into the PlayStation Plus Classics Catalog this October 17 :

• Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny (PS5, PS4) – Wield massive blades, execute high-flying maneuvers, and apply pressure to destroy rivals or knock them out of the ring. Dive into modes include the story-driven Gauntlet, challenging Trials, Training, and more.

OK, this release is a complete disappointment :
  • no trophy support
  • you must have PS Plus Premium and cannot buy it separately
  • This game does not support multiplayer, and some Honors cannot be obtained.
  • Additionally, some conditions to unlock parts for Creation mode have changed.
  • The following Honors cannot be obtained: Small Victory, Glorious Triumph, Wanderer’s Footsteps, and Destiny Breaker.

OK, this release is a complete disappointment :
  • no trophy support
  • you must have PS Plus Premium and cannot buy it separately
  • This game does not support multiplayer, and some Honors cannot be obtained.
  • Additionally, some conditions to unlock parts for Creation mode have changed.
  • The following Honors cannot be obtained: Small Victory, Glorious Triumph, Wanderer’s Footsteps, and Destiny Breaker.
That's more or less what I would have expected of a port of that game for a games-as-a-service platform, but it's still disappointing to hear that they didn't recode for multiplayer functionality, even if that is the most likely outcome. I probably would have re-established my PS Plus subscription for a couple of months just for the novelty of playing that game multiplayer, since I enjoyed the core experience on PSP for what was essentially a variant of SCIV.

I'm gonna guess that they also didn't rework the button-binding to accommodate all four bumpers? That was something that really tripped me up with BD on the PSP, because it was so similar to IV and I had logged so many hours with that game. My brain never got over wanting those extra A+K and B+K buttons, especially for the three mains I really had dialed in for SCIV.

Back