8wayrun.com Now Running The Xenforo Beta!

• Admin
You may already notice... 8WayRun.Com has been updated and completely overhauled! I think we can all agree that the upgrade to vBulletin4 a few months back was a mistake; it should never have been done and it did nothing but hurt this community. Thankfully, some new software has just entered it's beta stages, and it's already so polished that I'm taking the risk and upgrading our community to it.

With any new software, there are of course some changes you will have to get used to. The biggest change you will notice that when you click on a thread name, instead of it bringing you to the beginning of the thread, it will bring you to the most recent unread post (as far back as 28 days). It will take a bit to get used to this, but before you know it... you'll be browsing other forums and wondering why the feature is missing! There are other small changes that you will figure out in time.

The chatroom has been temporarily replaced with Mibbit IRC until Addonchat brings up support for XenForo. The Wiki is also relatively empty as I will be working for the next few days in converting our data to the new format. The Events RSVP system has also been completely overhauled... in which case, all existing event information and RSVPs has been lost. If you have an upcoming event, just make a new event thread, then send me a message and I will merge the old thread with your new one.

You may also notice that "premium" membership has been disabled. I'm working on ideas for the new premium membership system that will give higher incentives for people to join... things like physical goods and prizes, as well as true motivators. If you are a current premium membership and wish to get a refund for overpaid months, message me. Of course, I ask if you would instead kindly chalk it up as a donation for 8WayRun.Com and let it go.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Could be my comp but dark skin, does not show the frames (on block/ on hit, etc) in the wiki page.

Yeah, it could be better. For example, the font isn't blending with the background all that well. But for a start, it's cool. I'm sure everything will be ironed out in the future.

Same issue here. Not a big deal but I guess it's worth mentioning.
lightskinwiki.png

darkskinwiki.png

Just do a highlight and you will be able to see what you need.

I don't know if much can be done since the skin changes the text color from black to white. You would need the text in just those three columns to be black when using the dark skin to see that data properly.

It's also not the only area where text doesn't show due to the skin color. Plus I don't see anyone jumping to code a new skin, but it will do.

Okay... wiki has been fixed. It was actually very simple Malice. Remember, I program my software assuming that issues like this COULD happen, so that if it does happen, I can fix it relatively easily. Wiki pages will load slow on the first page view, while the page caches are being rebuilt. (I had to clear the page cache to fix this error).

Sweet. There's one more area that I noticed where the text didn't show for this skin. At the left for where your followers and the people that you are following show.

01.png

No... embedding from the wiki is still intact... but until a CACHE for that wiki page is built, it wont show the page in a thread; it will instead just default to a link. The moment a cache is built for the page, it will retroactively get built into pages. (the cache for a page is automatically built the first time a page is loaded after an edit)

The Arthur page is not being built in your wiki code is being corrupted by a font change.

Hey guys, I'm the original creator of both Flexile themes. I thought I would post here for some feedback on the dark style. A few of you mentioned that "it could be better." Do you have any specific suggestions?

Excluding issues that are specific to 8WayRun (issues with the wiki pages, etc.) what sort of suggestions do you have?

Do you think the style is too dark? Do you think it needs more contrast?

Thanks for any and all feedback you can give. I am really trying to improve the style for the users. :)

I think it seriously needs more contrast.

Also, is it possible to make a bigger visual difference between posts? Now there's only a white line separating posts. Would it be possible to make the even posts slightly different in colour than the uneven ones?

The only thing I would like to see is that the shade of blue that's being used in the title bars match the shade of blue that's being used in the hyperlinks.

The only other issue that I had was the one that I mentioned earlier with the text not showing in the title bars for the people that you are following/following you under your profile.

Other than that, I think the skin is great.

Attachments

• 02.png
    02.png
    433.2 KB · Views: 333
Hmmmm i have one question. When you click on sub-forums for the chars (the pop-up window) is it possible to display soul arenas with new posts in a different colour or something? Or just display it like a list under the Tactics like before?

i somehow liked it and it was good to open all the arenas in new tabs, now i have to open the subforums first and scroll down which is a bit less comfortable than it was before :)

Dont know if this was mentioned before.

Thanks, doc.

I just want to say that the skin looks awesome now. Thank you guys for the hard work.
The background that Jaxel added really helped I think. There is one more style update coming soon that should fix any remaining small small issues or problems. :)

Also, is it possible to make a bigger visual difference between posts? Now there's only a white line separating posts. Would it be possible to make the even posts slightly different in colour than the uneven ones?
In the update I just released the line is a little bit brighter. Otherwise, if Jaxel adds this to EXTRA.css, the background color of the posts will subtly alternate. Personally, I don't like it that much, but who knows.

Code:
.messageList .message:nth-child(even),
.messageList .message:nth-child(even) .messageContent,
.messageList .message:nth-child(even) .messageMeta {
    background-color: #2e2e2e;
}

.messageList .message {
    margin: 0 -20px;
    padding: 10px 20px 30px;
}

You mean like every other forum which does alternating colours?

Anyway looks like this with the above code:

Attachments

• FireShot capture.png
    FireShot capture.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 283

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members