A+B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Lindwurm

Premium Member
I know it's a horribly unsafe move and even if you get any hits with it it causes only minor discomfort to your opponent, but I use it a lot to put opponents on the defensive if they don't seem to be too familiar with Siegfried (it looks cool, so they seem to think it's more dangerous than it is) and then I thwack them with AA or BBB from the right side hold.

Obviously, against an experienced player you'll never get to attack from the right side hold since you'll get punished hard after they block it. Which makes me wonder what experienced Siegfried players use that move for - is it good for anything except against beginners who are psyched out by it?

Ask Pantocrator about it. He bodied Team America with it @ NEC 2011. Personally, I avoid it like the plague.

I might use it as a finishing poke sometimes. When pressured some people just automatically assume it'll be an A+B, A and they'll crouch guard after the first two hits and eat the 3rd one. I don't think I've used this attack in weeks, though. Using A+B and immediately following with K has some potential but a lot* of people duck it.

Like many of Sieg's moves, it just doesn't seem worth it. Any half decent player will block either version correctly and punish, or wait and punish. Terrible move. Against a player that I know is better than me I will never use it.

Hmmm... I actually see how it might work as a poke, since a lot of times they do get hit by it at least once (albeit not for much.) But it would be safe to do if it's over for them after that, obviously.

A+B is pretty good after launching with Chief Hold k BE - though with whiffing/distance issues, its hard to do right consistently. I've been thinking of doing A+Ba instead in an attempt to catch people offguard, though it can be blocked, and if blocked, bad.

By itself... crap...

A+B after SCH'kBE its so nice.. it would be better if that last hit wasn't that much angled-specific so it would 3Hit in juggle always.
A+B also would work better if it track 100% vs downed rivals while side rolling.

A+B after SCH'kBE its so nice.. it would be better if that last hit wasn't that much angled-specific so it would 3Hit in juggle always.
A+B also would work better if it track 100% vs downed rivals while side rolling.

It's great for me, because sometimes I blow agA after SCH kBE and end up doing this instead for what seems like decent damage.

It's great for me, because sometimes I blow agA after SCH kBE and end up doing this instead for what seems like decent damage.
Yeah, if you miss the last hit you only do 2 less damage than if you do agA and 7 less for iag:A, not counting clean hit for either. But if you get the 3rd hit you do 9 more than ending with agA and 4 more than iag:A still not counting clean hit. With clean hit iag:A does the same as A+B with all 3 hits as an ender.

Yeah, if you miss the last hit you only do 2 less damage than if you do agA and 7 less for iag:A, not counting clean hit for either. But if you get the 3rd hit you do 9 more than ending with agA and 4 more than iag:A still not counting clean hit. With clean hit iag:A does the same as A+B with all 3 hits as an ender.

Haven't touched SC5 in a bit but if the third hit misses I think you are vulnerable - I don't even think K from SSH can stop it in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back