A Calm Study in CaS.

I really like the kimono girl, unusual but very good use of the colour
Thank you.
At first I was going to put black in the back, and a really bright orange details, but the darkest it gets is that brownish so I decided to make something like Autumn, the snow like detail was a reference to winter.

Some really great stuff in here, interesting use of patterns and stickers too. I especially like Lianne and Genevive. :)
Thank you, I wonder if you saw the original color.

The original color? If it's in this thread, I must have missed it, sorry! D:
OH it was nothing really, was just all of them had the same color scheme, black, white and purple, besides she used the long boots with fishnet. ^^

Reactions: BRV
Angels? Demons? Our will is jut ours? Lets join sides shall we?
Neutral.
Elysium/Sophitia Illusion of the Holy: Based on old Sophitia outfits with fading to the black feathers, the colors seem to work good, I am quite fond of this one.

In the demon side.
Tira Borderline Fallen Angel: Yes this looks like an old Pyrrha outfit I have done but, don't look better now? A little Gothic lolita but not so much I do hope, the skirt and pants are with inverted colors see? To give old unstable touch.

Pyrrha Stringless Marionette: I know she looks like a Gothic Lolita but I did wanted to give a broken doll like silhouette, the gigantic I wonder if I should used Viola heels....

Patroklos Tainted Hero: Dark Lord yes....so....he have class and is evil how could go wrong?

In the angel side.
Viola Blessed Oracle: I know her legs shouldn't be showing so much....but is not me to blame if you "can't" equip heels with stocking without looking really bad.

Z.W.E.I Golden Werewolf: Yes he have angel wings aaaand a wolf....again used original parts but with more armor and chains...

Hilde Heavenly Liberator: I know same dress as Pyrrha but I tried to change the looks of it, I hope she looks good...

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    715.1 KB · Views: 498
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    716.5 KB · Views: 431
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    739.8 KB · Views: 412
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    745.8 KB · Views: 426
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    732.7 KB · Views: 460
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    734.4 KB · Views: 416
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    779.7 KB · Views: 421
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    726.9 KB · Views: 428
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    777 KB · Views: 434
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    737.2 KB · Views: 419
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png
    801.6 KB · Views: 460
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png
    756.9 KB · Views: 418
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png
    771.8 KB · Views: 425
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png
    738.1 KB · Views: 1,688
Ok so to celebrate my promotion here I tried really hard to get things that my mains could or would wear in canon.

Z.W.E.I: I wanted to give a mercenary looks with little to do with his wolf side, the color is to be mostly his 2P reference so the E.I.N red, a little gold an grey so it don't look a uniform, also not a heavy armor because is not like him to wear such.

Hilde: I know the colors seems unlikely but purple were common for royalty and white look a bad blend to it, the dark red is reminiscent of her original, the floral on the skirt is so don't look so bland but not so garish, flowers aren't they beautiful on her?

Patroklos: All this is to be very reminiscent of his mother original sketches and colors, white blue and brown with little armor on grey I hope I achieved I have a weak spot for the feathers I won't lie about it.

I hope this one is my best so far, I tried hard and I want to thank for all the help you guys gave me to do this and all, really thank you all.

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    803.9 KB · Views: 353
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    756 KB · Views: 350
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    721.3 KB · Views: 355
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    772.4 KB · Views: 1,056
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    793.6 KB · Views: 393
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    726.8 KB · Views: 317
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    761.8 KB · Views: 346
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png
    757.8 KB · Views: 997
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png
    713.2 KB · Views: 341
Xiba is just one of the hardest characters to do thirds customs, so I looked up to his fathers old wardrobe and here it is...hope is not too much 2 dimensional design though.

Ok I know I should have done this Setsuka on his Alpha mode and stuff....but I like it....trying to fit some fishnet related thing was really hard because he is a male and stuff...

Hilde the archer....not too much I know.

Old West Z.W.E.I red white and blue....not very old west but I am lazy to fix that,

Liala. Give me your judgement of her.

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    631.5 KB · Views: 332
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    725.8 KB · Views: 303
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    742.2 KB · Views: 1,756
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    681.2 KB · Views: 295
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    759.9 KB · Views: 317
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    759.5 KB · Views: 296
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    674 KB · Views: 304
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    768.3 KB · Views: 310
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    797.8 KB · Views: 972
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    662.5 KB · Views: 283
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png
    681.7 KB · Views: 313
So hey guys...here I am again, since I lost some of my player self confidence, I will try getting some back of my CaS maker one.

Herp Derp balance guy.
Zhu-Jin: He trained under one of Edge Masters pupil, as so his style is pretty reminiscent of it, he have a gentle nature and is willing to help anyone in need.

Ninja.....because Le Bello mused and I needed ideas....so I stole it....sorry.
Kagura: Well, from the Same clan, she was one of the children that grew up with Natsu, but was trained by a different tutor, her feisty nature and jolly nature...don't blend well in the battlefield, but she is competent enough to be sent in a search mission for Taki.

Steam Steam Punk.
Trina: Well like Amy, was more of inspired by goth lolita, I think she is more inspired than the proper thing.
She is emotionless young woman, one of many orphans of London, she found relief when she heard rumors of the sword of salvation Soul Calibur....then she went to find happiness.

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    647.8 KB · Views: 307
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    719.4 KB · Views: 285
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    635.8 KB · Views: 243
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    720.1 KB · Views: 253
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    653.1 KB · Views: 328
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    646.1 KB · Views: 283
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    700 KB · Views: 303
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    733.9 KB · Views: 316
I quite like Zhu-Jin, especially how you used the fish instead of simply throwing in the Yin-Yang symbol. My only criticism would be to change the colour of his trousers - Too much red going on here.

Your Ninja is great - Good job with those fishnet half stockings, very clever. My only real gripe is that that colour clothing with that hairstyle immediately makes me think of Taki.

Steampunk girl is suuuuuuuuper cute. I love the corset, and whilst I normally hate the idea that random cogs + stripes Steampunk, it's really well executed here. Again my only negative point comes down to colouring - Namely her pendent. With such a bright red, it looks like it's made of plastic, and kinda ruins the feel a little bit.

Argelos;
A nobleman, since a young age he was a melancholic person, bored by life, everything was really tedious, almost no one would understand him, Liesloth his tutor seems to get what is in his confused mind.
One thing for sure, angels seems to catch his attention, not a holy person himself he seeks to protect people, even if in his distorted ways....

Liesloth;
Tutoring Argelos since he was only a baby, she have saw the boy grown, and have him as a child of herself, but the dark aura that he had since a young age worries her, she become his tutor because when she 21 helped the France to win a war, but not wanting to go back for the next she fled to Austria and disguised herself as a nanny.

Roderich;
An dishonored man, killed a entire village with the age of 14, a crazy man who found no consolation in the world, travelling he came to be know as the black moon knight, what he doesn't know is that he was an abandoned newborn from a noble house, poisoned but the only result was the albinism, one day he found a mansion that triggered something in his memory.

Lydya;
An Archer assassin from Hungary, sent to kill the Black Moon Knight, she in her way invaded an Mansion that was pulsing dark energy, on the room a young man was weeping, but before she could do anything, he attacked her, blood all over the place, feather from a evil angel she met her final destiny.

And the stage is set.
The Mad Angel, Hidden Dark Rose, Dark Moon Knight and the Swiftly Dark Arrow.

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png
    740.8 KB · Views: 304
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png
    845.2 KB · Views: 256
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png
    778.2 KB · Views: 241
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png
    685.4 KB · Views: 218
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png
    761.8 KB · Views: 279
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png
    760.7 KB · Views: 270
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png
    657.2 KB · Views: 259
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png
    768.1 KB · Views: 268
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png
    779.5 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
I want to start by mentioning how much I LOVE Argelos and Lydya. Those designs are, in my humble opinion, absolutely sublime. They're the kinds of things I expect from one of the greats, you've really excelled, fantastic job!

Argelos has a great mix of detailing and simplicity! Your eyes are initially drawn to one area, before being brought to others, giving the design a lot of balance with all the subtle and less subtle details. Genuinely stunned.

Lydya is much the same, simple but with characterising details that really show her off. Possibly my favourite.

Liesloth and Roderich however...

Whilst not bad technically, I don't think Liesloth's look suits her. I know age is just a number, but she seems to be dressed too young, if you get me? It also looks like you're trying to do too much - The lines everywhere remind me of a tracksuit, whereas the floral aspects show a more mature theme. The two clash horribly I'm afraid to say.

Roderich just looks a bit too futuristic by comparison. I wouldn't have placed him in the same world as the other 3 characters, due to the brightness of his design. White metal is tricky to work with as a base colour, as more often than not it looks plasticy and childish. The mask is a bit of a generic option as well, though I like the whole albino aspect to his story.

I redone Liesloth and Roderich I hope it is better.

Attachments

• SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_9.png
    627.5 KB · Views: 248
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_10.png
    770.1 KB · Views: 237
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png
    775.1 KB · Views: 253
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_12.png
    801.6 KB · Views: 1,470
  • SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png
    SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png
    749.7 KB · Views: 1,550
For Roderich, I like his new look, but the wing-chestplate doesn't look good. It's an interesting concept, but it looks more like a large and bizarre collar than a piece of armour. The armour he had on before was fine, it was just coloured in a way that didn't suit in my opinion. :)

Liesloth looks a LOOOT better, but I still think the top is too busy. The skirt is perfect and I implore you not to change it at all, but her top half still needs work. Try a top that has some natural detail to it, and then give the edges/embroidery/small parts a vine-looking pattern. It should be great!

Back