a mini-gallery

DISCO JIM
From Mirror Match thread. Based off of @Pocky-Yoshi's original design.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_32.jpg2.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_42.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_52.jpg

Design Notes: Horns on head (helmet extension), centurion plume (fur lapel) and feathers of strength (shirt frill) on chest.

There was something about the original's layout that I really liked, so I wanted to put my own spin on it. Disco Jim's always been super flamboyant, but I figured he'd like to try something a bit more aristocratic and go chase some petticoats for a change. Mostly the same armor pieces as the original. I just toned down all the colors and added some bling. Optional mask for the masquerades!

LIESLOTH
From Mirror Match thread. Remix of Ramus's original creation, Liesloth. I took liberties with the equipment, but I tried to keep the design in character, i.e. a bookish milf with a flower motif. Extra pictures of a goth-loli version included.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_72.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_42.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_322.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_22.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_112.jpg

Design Notes: For Old Liesloth, the general strategy was to simply up the detail with a few equipment swaps. I replaced the original's shirt with the top + corset to show cleavage and add layers. For example, I replaced the thigh highs + short boots with Viola's leggings + boots. As a bonus, they include two additional flowers to go with the floral theme. The original design was highly linear, with the two flowers directly above and below each other. I broke this line by removing the lower flower and switching out the tight skirt for the pareo. I replaced the glasses with a monocle to further increase the asymmetry. I also added a baroque-styled hat to add volume to Viola's hair, which is kinda flattened down (since it's supposed to go under a hood). Besides, back in the day, ladies never stepped outside without a hat/bonnet. I preserved the white/green color scheme on the original. I added more gold to the design (since you can't recolor the ringlets on Ivy's gauntlet), and I turned the rose bright red to add accent to the design. I also kept the thorny vine stickers from the original, but I blended them instead of contrasting them.

With a few modifications, it's easy to make a younger, goth-loli Liesloth. Same overall shape as the original. Younger face with extra hair bangs made from phoenix sticker. Clothing is more revealing and flashier. Ivy's armor on the left arm is replaced with Elysium's sleeves, which is lighter and girlier.

ANTONINA IVANOVNA
From Goth-Loli One-Shot Contest
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png.jpg

Notes: Hat is sphere (scale pattern) + flower + feather. Square sticker (axis) + three heart stickers (view) + boot's preset heart for right leg. Random stickers on face for barely perceptible hair extensions. Dot pattern throughout to emulate mesh. Hat inspired by Ziegfeld girl fashion. Mismatched socks inspired by Maka's casual outfit from Soul Eater. Blue/pink/white/black kinda reminds me of Tekken's Alisa. Don't know how she ended up Russian, but I heard cosplay is pretty popular there. Also could be because all foreigners have funky hair colors in anime.

Bio: This Russian gal abandoned her rustic hometown for Japan in pursuit of the way of the goth-loli. The journey, however, was fraught with peril, and she was forced to defend herself from a veritable cornucopia of evildoers. Good thing she's been chugging vodka, wrestling bears, and knifing ignorant capitalists for as long as she can remember. Wait, what does vodka have to do with anything? The answer is …… everything.

Last edited:
KURIYAMA YURIKO
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_13.png.jpg

Notes: Aiming for mix of modern and traditional. Thus all the random straps, chains, and ribbons. In case you were wondering, that's a hat-purse chained to her torso.

Bio: One of the founding mothers (?) of goth-loli in 1607 AD. Despite her nubile charm, she's actually 37 years old. As such, her style retains a distinct air of traditional Japanese fashion. She scoffs at young, foreign upstarts like Antonina and does everything in her power to suppress them.

MILDRED
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_45.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_60.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_51.png.jpg

Notes: Feather (black) + feather (dot pattern for lace effect) + hat on head. Two golden phoenix stickers (black) on face for hair. Square sticker (black) on chest + butterfly (white) around neck for lacing. Some pointy motif sticker on blouse front, colored to match skin. Extra Number 0 on shirt to extend pareo. Gradient pattern on bandaged underwear for folds. Thigh highs hidden under DLC stockings (cuts underwear short). Ribbon sticker + Number 0 on skirt. Subtle (white/grey) watermelon pattern on stockings for faint shimmering effect. Scale pattern on scarf for ruffled texture.

Last edited:
Oh Miki, what a pity, you don't understand. You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand.

I once had a Miko-inspired Leixia, and she wasn't even halfway as accomplished as Miki is. It's a simple and iconic look but you pulled it off with your own style, really cool.

And Mildred! MILDRED. Goddamn. Yes.

All the girls are ravishing but the old flanelle chanel looks of that last one struck me silly...
You do have a way with girls just like rachel (no hidden msg here :p)

Gynoids...i was thinking...why not alpha par style n some sort of laser sword...thx for the credits tho :)

Would you mind explaining the checker-patterned business going on between Mildred's hat and hair? My eyes aren't really sure what to make of it.

Would you mind explaining the checker-patterned business going on between Mildred's hat and hair? My eyes aren't really sure what to make of it.
Creation notes are up. Used feather + dot pattern. Great thing about the feather is that you can kinda see through it around the edges. If you look closely at the top picture you can just barely make out her (anatomic) right pupil glowing through. Let me know if you need more info.

Your Mildred character is my most favorite original I've ever seen so far!
I like how you gave it a lot of detail, added texture to the clothes, and made it look exciting, yet flow together very smoothly.
Now I really understand your idea of a good CaS. :)

@Le_Bello: Thanks, man. For Miki, I was trying to make a slutty miko for orangeislands's multicultural thread. She somehow ended being more modestly dressed than I had originally hoped, but I love her all the same.

@VILARCANE: I don't know what flanelle chanel means, but it sounds awesome. APat would actually make more sense as a weapon style for the gynoids. However, I'm screen capping on PS3, and the default poses for APat in CaS mode look awkward as hell. I mean, the first pose has him staring at his sword going "Ooohh shiny" with one leg up in the air. The second one is him just sheathing his sword. The third one has him thrusting his sword skyward at God knows what.

@orangeislands31: rofl

@Ramus: Glad you like it. Your earlier post about Arcana and how you wanted a veil for her started it all.

@Retrotator1: You're too kind. One of these days, I hope you put those excellent skills you learned from recreations to originals.

Despite my loquaciousness on the forums, I've always been scared of uploading my own creations for the world to judge, especially when I compare them to others' high quality work. However, since Project Soul nerfed Lexia (no more post-6KK mixup Q_Q), I've mostly moved on from SCV, and I thought that it would be outright heartless of me to condemn my creations to rot in the cold prison of my hard drive. So here it is. Your once in a lifetime chance to flame yours truly for all the nonsense I've spewed on your respective threads.

More of a rodeo show girl than a bona fide cowgirl.
View attachment 14674
Eyes up here, cowboy.
View attachment 14673
View attachment 14675
Girl's gotta have a lasso.
Undercover Brother groovin to SCV. Who needs creativity when ya got FUNK.
View attachment 14677
A dryad. I was going for Skyrim's spriggan, and I got this instead. Wood jokes much appreciated.
View attachment 14679
View attachment 14680View attachment 14678
The Founding Father, George Washington. Nothing beats smiting terrorist ass with Old Glory herself. Liberty and justice for all, mother f***ers.
View attachment 14683
Stars! And! Stripes!
View attachment 14682
F*** yeah.

I'll continue excavating my brain and hard drive for more, and I'll upload them as I go along. As always, destructive criticism, scathing diatribes, and the occasional pity-compliment are all welcome. Hell, if you wanna start a Yo Momma battle, I'm game for that too.

Nice Cowgirl creation :D
how did you do the freckles in her face ?

Nice Cowgirl creation :D
how did you do the freckles in her face ?
Oh wow, that was like 10 years ago lol. I'm glad you like it though. The freckles are just one of the default makeup styles. You can't really tell from the menu icon alone, so you'll have to go through each one from the top till you find it unfortunately. It's kinda hard to tell, but her cowboy hat has that snowflake pattern (the modern pattern with blue/white snowflakes) on it to give it a velvet/lamé like texture, which you can also see on my creation "Mildred" a couple posts above this one. Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any questions.

AUSTRIA (from Hetalia)
-from Request Thread
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png.jpg

Design notes: the original character's proportions were extremely slim, so I made him as a girl. Other than that, nothing too complicated. Bat wings, feathers of strength, and centurion plume on head. Pocket stickers on legs, arms, and waist cloth.

EL LEÓN ROJO
(from luchador challenge)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_6.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png.jpg

Notes: Since the lion belt was an absolute must, I matched its pattern with the bandage armlets for an ancient Aztecan Luchador look. Two pairs of snake horns (one for eye holes and one for trimming around mouth) + eye protector on head. Honestly, the cape should probably be completely plain for authenticity, but people get yelled at for keeping things simple, so I randomly slapped on pattern + star + wreath + two blackened zeros. At least the logo adds some color variety.

Last edited:
Back