a mini-gallery

You little bandit, you beat me to it ...Awesome Shiva, now i can't wait to post my take on Hindu CAS :)
I don't recall any of the CAS you mention from my fellow artists, so mine might be even fresher than your beautiful yet creepy Shiva (again the work on the hairdress alone is worthy of admiration)

Och! I didn't do it right! She's actually Kali! She's often depicted like this:
http://savitrieradevotees.blogspot.com/2013/10/goddess-kali-and-mother-of-sri.html
Usually armed with skull necklace, sword, spear, severed head, and bowl of blood. Hilde-style would've been more accurate, but it doesn't capture her crude, animalistic nature, so I went with Xiba-style. Apparently she went Lvl 3 X-factor on a demon rebellion, killing or devouring them all in one swoop. Drunk with the blood of her victims, she rampaged with a fury so great that the very universe verged on destruction. So her husband, Shiva, jumped in her path. When Kali stepped on Shiva, the guilt restored her senses. In addition to slayer of demons and Shiva-trampler, she's also the mother figure of home and family. Quite a mixed bag, this one. Hindu Mythology 101, source: wikipedia.

Your Cai Wenji design is very easy for me to like; I'm a sucker for blue, white, and gold color schemes. It's my favorite color combo. The detailing on her jacket is a feast for the eyes. The gold borders on the neck item help it blend in with the number 8 sticker on the jacket, which resulting in a silhouette that suggests a completely different neckwear piece. The dual-layer corsetting on the top and the skirt is executed quite well. It looks like it doesn't even need a belt to cover up any sticker misalignments. On the topic of belts, I'd recommend something that fits closer to the body than the belt that's on there right now. It's one of those belts that looks like it just floats there if the top or bottom pieces aren't thick enough. I would also put some low-contrast pattern on the purple sections of the top and skirt, perhaps even on the stockings, too, if possible. The pocket stickers provide large areas of flat color already, so I don't think having those patterns would cause an overload of detail.

The hat construction on the 7 of Diamonds is my favorite part of the design. Great work on that. Elsewhere on the design, the sticker arrangement over the blue skin-colored top is a very clever approach to creating an illusion of a "cleavage cutout," for lack of a better term. Moving onto the lower half of the design, the pattern on the shorts works great for creating a wavy texture, but other than the emblem on the left thigh, there doesn't seem to be anything else going on. The lower half of the design is starved for detail, compared to the top half, which threw the entire thing off for me. Perhaps leggings under the shorts would give you some more space to work with, on that front.

Excepting the headdress construction, Kali is a prime example of simple-but-elegant. It's not the most technically complex design, but it doesn't need to be and it's much cleaner for it, too. It looks great and well executed as is. You really didn't give yourself much room to make a mistake, to begin with. The top is very simple to work with. Just slap it on, pattern and color, and go. That's the power of DLC, the power of money. The Pareo is where you show you're not just some trust fund baby. I'm very impressed by your use of the tree sticker in a subtractive role here. Even though it's technically on top of the pattern, it looks more like the other way around: strips of pattern on top of a gradient-colored surface. That was very clever. The headdress construction is also very clever and well built. I'm not usually one for pointy hats, but this makes a great substitute for that tall, pointed helm with the facemask; I hope you know the one. Anyway, awesome job with this design.

Your Cai Wenji design is very easy for me to like; I'm a sucker for blue, white, and gold color schemes. It's my favorite color combo. The detailing on her jacket is a feast for the eyes. The gold borders on the neck item help it blend in with the number 8 sticker on the jacket, which resulting in a silhouette that suggests a completely different neckwear piece. The dual-layer corsetting on the top and the skirt is executed quite well. It looks like it doesn't even need a belt to cover up any sticker misalignments. On the topic of belts, I'd recommend something that fits closer to the body than the belt that's on there right now. It's one of those belts that looks like it just floats there if the top or bottom pieces aren't thick enough. I would also put some low-contrast pattern on the purple sections of the top and skirt, perhaps even on the stockings, too, if possible. The pocket stickers provide large areas of flat color already, so I don't think having those patterns would cause an overload of detail.

The hat construction on the 7 of Diamonds is my favorite part of the design. Great work on that. Elsewhere on the design, the sticker arrangement over the blue skin-colored top is a very clever approach to creating an illusion of a "cleavage cutout," for lack of a better term. Moving onto the lower half of the design, the pattern on the shorts works great for creating a wavy texture, but other than the emblem on the left thigh, there doesn't seem to be anything else going on. The lower half of the design is starved for detail, compared to the top half, which threw the entire thing off for me. Perhaps leggings under the shorts would give you some more space to work with, on that front.

Excepting the headdress construction, Kali is a prime example of simple-but-elegant. It's not the most technically complex design, but it doesn't need to be and it's much cleaner for it, too. It looks great and well executed as is. You really didn't give yourself much room to make a mistake, to begin with. The top is very simple to work with. Just slap it on, pattern and color, and go. That's the power of DLC, the power of money. The Pareo is where you show you're not just some trust fund baby. I'm very impressed by your use of the tree sticker in a subtractive role here. Even though it's technically on top of the pattern, it looks more like the other way around: strips of pattern on top of a gradient-colored surface. That was very clever. The headdress construction is also very clever and well built. I'm not usually one for pointy hats, but this makes a great substitute for that tall, pointed helm with the facemask; I hope you know the one. Anyway, awesome job with this design.
Apologies for not giving a full response earlier. Things have been pretty hectic at my pharm. co. lately.

Cai Wenji: Definitely gonna add some patterns to the purple sections. I do plan on keeping the floaty belt though, since it's got that non-linear shape that I need for the design.

7 of Diamonds: Hmm...the upper body's holster serves as a distraction from all the crazy bump mapping, but I might be able to get away with removing it to lower the detail up top compared to the bottom. Also might try giving her those torn stockings or finding fancier shoes to increase the detail below. Gonna play with this one a bit more.

Kali: Glad the simple-yet-elegant look panned out. I generally try to avoid large, obvious DLC pieces, but that top looked so Hindu that I had to use it. I did try to shape it a bit by adding that zipper sticker border/underbra, and I also added a subtle pink gradient pattern to give it a soft glow. Thankfully, the Elysium top doesn't get much love nowadays. No.1 DLC is probably the Cervantes pirate jacket. For those who have it, the White/Dark knight is probably number one. Followed by Bestial and Swan sets. These are practically indispensable for warrior CaS. Since I don't have any of these (besides Cervy Jacket), I avoid warrior CaS as much as I can. Funny how DLC choices can shape our CaS styles. Or is it the other way around? Oh, well.

Last edited:
AMY
Everybody's gotta try her at least once lol. I couldn't get Viola's dress right, so I decided to make a vampire-free, memory restored, all-round healthy (and semi-happy) Amy. Based on her SC2 peasant outfit with some schoolgirl vibes and a few nods to her goth-loli past. Kinda my extrapolation to an SC6 Amy if she decides to stop being an emo fag (nothing to do with same-sex marriage, which I fully support) and get her jam on. She looks better in battle lol.
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_15.png.jpg

SOULCALIBUR_Ⅴ.png
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_4.png.jpg

Man, I gotta stop abusing those raven wing and butterfly stickers. That or I'll just add them into the Advanced Technique Thread (aka BruceGe's one-size-fits-all routine for CaS).

Last edited:
Wow this one is a stunner !
I love the use of the raven wing, the scarf, the nice realistic colors, the delicate makeup, spider leggings BUT the hair build is OoTW ! The bottom part of the ExEq actually looks like a hairpin or butterfly which is immensely clever...typical brucege creative thinking with scientific accuracy :)

I am absolutely floored by that hair construction. You gotta tell me how you did that! Three of the twisty horn things, I'm guessing. They didn't even have to be patterned because they're already textured. All that's left is to get their orientation relative to the head and each other just right, which I'm guessing was quite the pain. Even now, they look off if you look at the design from the side or the back, but once you figure out a way to account for viewing from all angles, you're made.
On to the body of the design. Use of the blended stripes pattern to simulate wavy fringes is clever as is the use of the wings sticker on the chest. As always, I am averse to the huge blocks of flat green surfaces. You could've patterned the top, but that wouldn't agree with the sleeves and skirt, since they're mostly covered by rectangle stickers. Did you run out of sticker slots for detailing? Either way, great work.

@VILARCANE: Thanks, Vil! If you have the time, stop by the contest thread sometime soon. We're making RPG trope versions of ourselves this time.

@ThePascuzzi: Glad you approve! I placed 3 sets of horns with completely identical size and positioning as a starting point. I staggered them with Vspacing. Then I fluffed out the middle set, rotated the bottom set a couple degrees for extra coverage, and did some final tuning. Still experimenting. The little hair ornaments are actually a set of kitty ears with a gradient pattern positioned so that the ears are black while the band is red (to match hair). As you observed, I used up every sticker slot to block off those gradient patterns. The chest area (gradient w/ flesh tone top and white bottom) has a set of wings over an inverted skull (you can kinda see the teeth in the pics) to fill the gap between wings. I positioned the wings so that they're cut off by the large green heart right where her breasts end to offset the flatness effect.

Woah!! you did a super, fantastic, awesome, splendid, amazing job!!!! i'm so blown away from how detailed it is and how well the pigtails are. I recreated everything almost perfectly but the dang pigtails. there so hard (ΘεΘ;) and I've been trying for at least 2 hours now and now i'm just getting annoyed so whatever. Sorry to ask this but would you mind helping me out with this whole conundrum? please?

Yours Truly. . . Luna (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Welcome to 8WR, Luna! and thanks for your support. Here's the formula for Amy's curleh horns.

Horns 1: 14,20,-8,50,0,-50,35,-23,-72
Horns 2: 19,18,-7,50,-20,-50,78,-18,-91
Horns 3: 31,16,-14,50,-20,-50,160,-5,-120

Dayum, you figured out her dress w/o a formula? You're about as good as me lol, cuz I used like 87.4% of my techniques on that one. Now you really gotta start your own gallery. If you're looking for ideas, you can always vote or participate in the CaS contest thread:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/most-esteemed-one-shot-contest-thread.15703/
Obviously, go to the last page for current/ongoing contests. You'd proly like the Goth-Loli contest, which starts here:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/most-esteemed-one-shot-contest-thread.15703/page-32#post-672344

This corner of 8WR's pretty chill, so feel free to ask any questions. Good luck!

Welcome to 8WR, Luna! and thanks for your support. Here's the formula for Amy's curleh horns.

Horns 1: 14,20,-8,50,0,-50,35,-23,-72
Horns 2: 19,18,-7,50,-20,-50,78,-18,-91
Horns 3: 31,16,-14,50,-20,-50,160,-5,-120

Dayum, you figured out her dress w/o a formula? You're about as good as me lol, cuz I used like 87.4% of my techniques on that one. Now you really gotta start your own gallery. If you're looking for ideas, you can always vote or participate in the CaS contest thread:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/most-esteemed-one-shot-contest-thread.15703/
Obviously, go to the last page for current/ongoing contests. You'd proly like the Goth-Loli contest, which starts here:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/most-esteemed-one-shot-contest-thread.15703/page-32#post-672344

This corner of 8WR's pretty chill, so feel free to ask any questions. Good luck!

Oh yay ^^ you responded!!! well thanks so much for the formula for the horns C: i really appreciate it and i will definitely check out the threads and stuff! thanks so much for the kind hearted attitude toodaloo!

Seems i overlooked your latest work.

The cyborg has a cool face design but damn that Harley Quinn is a very fresh take on a done to death RCAS.
Great head / hair design (you really excel in that department), and i love the advanced tech used for the bicolored clothes matching the hair preset colors (you know how i love matching colors).
And that subtle fishnet texture on the stockings and extra pocket sticker detail on the boots, great.
Still, the CAS might benefit from extra detail on the skin (tattoos to add to the whacky female villain flair ?), and i personally think the belt distracts from the overall color palette and feels kinda off, you got better choices IMO for that part of your CAS.

On a sidenote, i would have matched the color of the necklace using a gradient with similar colors for added wow factor...

Still love her...

Seems i overlooked your latest work.

The cyborg has a cool face design but damn that Harley Quinn is a very fresh take on a done to death RCAS.
Great head / hair design (you really excel in that department), and i love the advanced tech used for the bicolored clothes matching the hair preset colors (you know how i love matching colors).
And that subtle fishnet texture on the stockings and extra pocket sticker detail on the boots, great.
Still, the CAS might benefit from extra detail on the skin (tattoos to add to the whacky female villain flair ?), and i personally think the belt distracts from the overall color palette and feels kinda off, you got better choices IMO for that part of your CAS.

On a sidenote, i would have matched the color of the necklace using a gradient with similar colors for added wow factor...

Still love her...
Thanks, Vil! I'm gonna fix her up and slaughter some poorly made Batmen online.

Recreations from Fairy Tail, the anime. Strangely addictive.

NATSU
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_8.png.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_31.png.jpg

See that blob of blue floating by his head? That's supposed to be Happy, my fav chara. I tried :P The orange borders around the sleeves are ZERO stickers placed-by-view for full coverage.

ERZA
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_24.png.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_33.png.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_25.png.jpg

Golden cross is made of two helmet ornaments. Bangs are crescent moon SpecEq + golden phoenix sticker.

LUCY
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ.png.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_7.png.jpg
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_3.png.jpg

I couldn't reproduce the original's V-neck sweater so I mixed it up a bit. Side pony tail is feathers + flower SpecEq for hair clip. Like with Erza, bangs are crescent moon + golden phoenix stickers. I really like this one for some reason.

Last edited:
Back