Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Le_Bello

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TsunamiBye

[14] Master
Greetings, Pocky Yoshi here. After a new cas mod is nominated, I will leave 8wayrun forever and only to lurk from here on out and eventually fade away. My reasons I'll leave it to you to ask me.

For now, which of these peeps would you want to lead you? If there's anyone else you want as leader, let me know. Because once it's April 25, I will leave regardless.

I want you all to know, I truly enjoyed being a 8wayrunner, a cas mod, and someone who loved 8wayrun with all my being.

Some of you all I never got the chance to get to know you, but if you got to know me, I can assure you I'd be willing to be your friend flaws and all.

I don't care of your accomplishments or your failures. All I cared of was we compete, get along despite differences, and enjoy each other's company for what it is.

So yeah, keep the soul burning and sorry if this sounds mushy, but I really did loved this website for allowing me to bond even if they thought bad of me. I really wished I could of took it offline, but reality hurts my dreams. Still I sincerely would like to say "thank you for taking care of me."

-Pocky Yoshi

P.S. Sorry if this offends anyone.

Some leave and come back responding. I leave and while I'll still play sc series, I'm now a lurker who will eventually fade away.

It's no one's fault I decided this nor did anyone offend me. Not many people had the drive to be by 8wayrun's side through it all, but it's time everyone make it without me.

So from here on out, I guess I ought to thank those I do know and those I don't know of/peeps I wish I could of bond with more.

Ok, that is typically the kind of messages one shouldn't "like" mechanically...

First a comment : we have had our disagreements and sometimes you have been rather hard to me (not to say punishing in game :), but that doesn't mean you aren't one of the guys who count(ed) for me here.
You have done your job very seriously, always explained your warnings and decisions thoroughly, tried to organize things and clean the mess up whenever topics or peeps got out of control.
Hell i certainly wouldn't want to be a mod on a bb (btw : i am sure you asked the gents in the poll if they applied for the job before posting, but you should mention it in your OP).

We can all feel the emotion in your post because of your suddenly "slightly" broken english, so you are human after all, and not only the CAS destroying, competitive yoshi beast (even with 9yo kids :) i have had to endure (with lag).

Farewell my friend...care for a few memories in tribute for a great mod and player ?

c577vxgm14ddw67zw.jpg

c577utzqugut3d530.jpg

c5785alrxy6jntr7g.jpg

Darn this iPhone being tough to type on. Anyways. Vilarcane there was never a time I thought I make mistakes. Personally, the more honest you express yourself, the more people want to know you.

The more you autopilot a mod job(which I do my best not to), the less respect you generally receive. However I made sure up until now that everyone at the very least had a pleasant time.

I guess that's why some people like me a lot. I didn't forget where I came from. At some point I used to be a casual cas dude. I just went on to learn competitor stuff to get the best of both worlds.

Regardless, I've already made my decision to leave now. Sure 8wayrun has flaws like some unnecessary hostility, but I can't do much except be kind yet stern. Then keep doing it willingly because every visitor needs to feel welcome. So I was already ready to take the heat.

Anyways I choose these three guys because they were also around when cas forums was just moving about. They have flaws just as I do, but I trust them.

There are also others I trust, but it's really up to whoever to take the job.

I have looked around the CAS forum from time to time to have a look and see what people are making in their own worlds, and I have to say it's been interesting. Pocky, I think you did a great job with the forum and looking after it, even implementing your own ideas for threads within it which I think worked really well. It's sad that you have made the decision to leave but you have your reasons and therefore no one should question you. It'll be a lot different without you spreading your happiness and warm welcoming to the new members.

As for a successor, there must be a particular one out of those three that you know is truly the best choice. The idea of the moderator is to keep the forum tidy and organised, help people who wander into their midst and also warn members or refer them to senior staff if they are being pests. Which of those three candidates for the moderator position do you think would fit those roles best?

Also, the new mod can ask me for help any time he needs, I can tell this forum is well loved and cared for so if any trouble makers happen to come here to disturb the peace that they can't handle then they need only ask.

This thread is important, but it's also a bummer. I don't want to see pocky go! =(

Pretty much. I was talking about this with someone though, and of course I don't wanna see Pocky leave, but I'm also happy he's found the direction he wants to take with his life, and that he has the strength to do so. Happy, and a little jealous.

In order to keep this thread on top, what would the community want/expect from the new mod? Do they agree with the choices or do they're own ideas for a candidate? It'd be good to get the whole section talking to each other for a change, rather than sticking to their threads and occasionally popping by someone else's. After all this is our part of the community, no?

I agree that this is the kind of community that should stay close. It's a little sad for me too that Pocky-Yoshi is leaving. I feel like I've really just started here.

Pocky was very welcoming and he did a great job being patient with me and other members. Whenever I thought there were any problems and I asked Pocky about it, he was always listening. He often came up with some of the best solutions that would avoid conflict. Also, there were several things that he nicely let me figure out and decide for myself.

I'm not sure who specifically should be the next CaS moderator. Several members here have been very encouraging and also helpful in showing me what the CaS forum is all about.

what would the community want/expect from the new mod?
- frequently present, easy to contact, good communicator
- very familiar with the dynamics of the entirety of 8WR, both the website and the community at large, not just the CaS subforum
- organized; can make vast amounts of information accessible and easy to find
- can resolve conflict in a fair and level-headed manner, not prone to act on grudges and "drama"

- frequently present, easy to contact, good communicator
- very familiar with the dynamics of the entirety of 8WR, both the website and the community at large, not just the CaS subforum
- organized; can make vast amounts of information accessible and easy to find
- can resolve conflict in a fair and level-headed manner, not prone to act on grudges and "drama"

i.e. stevenA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back