A Question About The Vets

They have made the mistake of repeating the same storylines for characters, but that's the writers' fault, not the characters. I think it would be very possible for them to write entirely new storylines for characters if they just do it right.

You can look at other games as an example. Nathan Drake has been the focus for 4 Uncharted games, do you think it's necessary for them to replace him in order to tell good storylines? The Soul Calibur series has over 30 characters, it shouldn't be required for Namco to keep introducing new characters in order to tell good stories. They just need to learn that it's possible to tell a story about Raphael without it being all about Amy, or a story about Siegfried without it all being about the Soul Edge.

I just want Xianghua to come back or at least Leixia fight pretty darn closer to her mother, Talim, and my beloved Cassandra to come back. i don't care too much about the rest.
I miss Xianghua as well, she needs to come back and wield Soul Calibur one more time. Her, Taki, and the rest of the characters were and are important to the series and we've all grown to love them. If there's such a possibility of a SCVI, they either need to tell us the REAL truth about some of these new characters, give us info about what happen to the original characters, or just reboot the series (which I doubt would happen).

i don't think Taki served a great purpose to the story. i'm happy with Natsu because she wasn't obvious fan service material. taki had no personality. Natsu at least does.

Taki is one of the most important characters in the series and she does her best for the story. Without her, Sophitia wouldn't have been able to defeat Cervantes in Soul Edge but she should have more than what she was given.

In the wider picture, Taki is likely one of the more pro-active characters story-wise. While it is true she has not impacted the main plot as much as she used to do in the old games, she still has a lasting effect in the overall world and setting, and has influenced a bunch of other people:

+ She saved Sophitia and was able to (barely) defeat Cervantes, and she deciding to leave the dying sword behind to save her could be held responsible for Sieg's turn into Nightmare.
+ Helped Chie and Hachibei escape fully aware that the Fu-Ma would turn on her.
+ Stopped dangerous threats for her homeland like Gel-o-Fury (twice) and mad-possessed Toki.
+ Was pivotal in helping finish the strife within the Fu-Ma and even proposed Chie as the new leader after all was said and done.
+ Was the one who revealed to Ivy the truth of her origin (as well as her sword's), setting her into the path of redemption
+ Was able to finally reunite Li Long with his long-thought deceased lover and son.
+ Was among the few characters able to track Soul Edge to its "end game" location more than once (even if she often arrived too late to do anything)
+ One of the few who discovered both the existence of Soul Calibur and its not-so nice nature (only Kilik, Talim, Edge and Zas were aware at that point).
* And she's still active within the Fu-Ma, training others and leading missions to seal demons, even solo missions like the one where she went missing.

I'd say that's a pretty decent list, and not a lot of characters can be said to have influenced events or others as much as Taki.

In the wider picture, Taki is likely one of the more pro-active characters story-wise. While it is true she has not impacted the main plot as much as she used to do in the old games, she still has a lasting effect in the overall world and setting, and has influenced a bunch of other people:

+ She saved Sophitia and was able to (barely) defeat Cervantes, and she deciding to leave the dying sword behind to save her could be held responsible for Sieg's turn into Nightmare.
+ Helped Chie and Hachibei escape fully aware that the Fu-Ma would turn on her.
+ Stopped dangerous threats for her homeland like Gel-o-Fury (twice) and mad-possessed Toki.
+ Was pivotal in helping finish the strife within the Fu-Ma and even proposed Chie as the new leader after all was said and done.
+ Was the one who revealed to Ivy the truth of her origin (as well as her sword's), setting her into the path of redemption
+ Was able to finally reunite Li Long with his long-thought deceased lover and son.
+ Was among the few characters able to track Soul Edge to its "end game" location more than once (even if she often arrived too late to do anything)
+ One of the few who discovered both the existence of Soul Calibur and its not-so nice nature (only Kilik, Talim, Edge and Zas were aware at that point).
* And she's still active within the Fu-Ma, training others and leading missions to seal demons, even solo missions like the one where she went missing.

I'd say that's a pretty decent list, and not a lot of characters can be said to have influenced events or others as much as Taki.

All these things that Tuzark mentioned proves that Taki has much of a impact on the story or just as much as any character in the series.

First off, I completely disagree with removing vets. There is absolutely NO REASON to remove anyone. So they weren't in the story in SCV? Well, SCV is 1/4 the stroy they wanted it to be. They rushed the game. That being said, its not hard to write people into the story. Zas in SCIV was watching over the world, so he could EASILY be written in as a force that stops some calamity from happening. Same about Ivy, and anyone else. The thing is, the evil seed is in a TON of people. Maxi, Ivy, Kilik, so there will always be a source of the evil. Hell, Kilik could easily go evil, and since he has learned so many peoples styles, he would be like old Inferno and switch styles even round with his soul edge weapon, since he lost his staff. The Point is, vets can stay, no reason to remove anyone, just build more styles in. Double Katana user, scythe user, bring taki back and give her kusari-gama or double chain scythes. Screw Talim.

First off, I completely disagree with removing vets. There is absolutely NO REASON to remove anyone. So they weren't in the story in SCV? Well, SCV is 1/4 the stroy they wanted it to be. They rushed the game. That being said, its not hard to write people into the story. Zas in SCIV was watching over the world, so he could EASILY be written in as a force that stops some calamity from happening. Same about Ivy, and anyone else. The thing is, the evil seed is in a TON of people. Maxi, Ivy, Kilik, so there will always be a source of the evil. Hell, Kilik could easily go evil, and since he has learned so many peoples styles, he would be like old Inferno and switch styles even round with his soul edge weapon, since he lost his staff. The Point is, vets can stay, no reason to remove anyone, just build more styles in. Double Katana user, scythe user, bring taki back and give her kusari-gama or double chain scythes. Screw Talim.
Now I agree with all this except what you said about Talim. She's a vet, too and she should've been involved in SCV's sporadic story and would've made it at least interesting to even follow. I like your whole idea about Zasalamel watching over the world and saving it from any catastrophes and also should've prevented the 17 year skip and stopping the birth of the malfested as well as the whole thing with the evil seed angle with Maxi, Ivy, and Kilik (although Maxi's evil energy was removed by EdgeMaster and Kilik can control that evil energy within him). There was so much potential that was lost on this game's part as well. We could've seen the vets use the weapon styles you've mentioned and it would've made this game a lot more tolerable for some. Other than that, that's all I got.

Well Maxi and Kilik both have the evil in them, they just live with it. Edge master never removed Maxi's evil. I just don't like Talim, the fact that most of her attacks involved a TJ which causes TONS of counter hit issues in the game. She was a terrible fighting style and in all honesty, Leixia fights like her, DIFFERENT WEAPONS but its literally the same WAY you fight with them. I just personally hate Talim, thats all. Story wise, she was never a real part. I actually LIKE Yun Seong and Seong Mina.

I going to revive this thread cuz it is fun. throw phonix down =P
I think Talim had potential i mean she could easily be a other kinda of Sophie who before SC IV was puryfying the world, and Sophie fallen angels always can be amazing,Cassandra and Hilde team up best friends because they can, put Amy in less fanservice clothes and team her up with Talim, no this is not a fanfic.... i guess and Zasalamel make him be the one after Soul Edge to drestroy it,Voldo going to a figth with Tira and Sophie and many cool stuff

I going to revive this thread cuz it is fun. throw phonix down =P
I think Talim had potential i mean she could easily be a other kinda of Sophie who before SC IV was puryfying the world, and Sophie fallen angels always can be amazing,Cassandra and Hilde team up best friends because they can, put Amy in less fanservice clothes and team her up with Talim, no this is not a fanfic.... i guess and Zasalamel make him be the one after Soul Edge to drestroy it,Voldo going to a figth with Tira and Sophie and many cool stuff

That could work. I wanted to see Sophitia at least turn to the dark side while Cassandra fight to save her. That would've worked out much better. Not sure if I want her to team up with Hilde but then again, they did team up in Broken Destiny. Amy and Talim teaming up would be nice also with Talim trying to purify Amy and having her save Raphael at the same time. Zasalamel destroying Soul Edge can also work as well but I think Tira and Voldo should work together.

That could work. I wanted to see Sophitia at least turn to the dark side while Cassandra fight to save her. That would've worked out much better. Not sure if I want her to team up with Hilde but then again, they did team up in Broken Destiny. Amy and Talim teaming up would be nice also with Talim trying to purify Amy and having her save Raphael at the same time. Zasalamel destorying Soul Edge can also work as well but I think Tira and Voldo should work together.
Hum Sophie is one of the strogest story chars so this would be really fun to see, how can you dont like Cassie and Hilde they are so fun , team up Taki and Ivy for a overkill ><

Back