A Question About The Vets

Hum Sophie is one of the strogest story chars so this would be really fun to see, how can you dont like Cassie and Hilde they are so fun , team up Taki and Ivy for a overkill ><
Cassandra and Hilde teaming up would have something to do with the malfested taking over Wolfkrone and Cassandra is looking for her sister would set up their teaming up. Taki and Ivy teaming up would have to have a common enemy involved, that being Cervantes. Your ideas could've worked for SCV but what to do about the other vets?

Hum i going to try some now if you like i will continue ok =)
Voldo/Mina/Yun/Hwang: Him vs Mina and Yun-Seong, Yun goes for the tresures of Money pit and wake up the guardian, Voldo goes for a rampage(guess this is the word) and destroy the dojo, now two have reason to vengence and Hwang have a reason to come back yah this is just for fans have something to be happy

Mitsu/Setsu: Both get in a batle but the group of assasins that Mitsu kiled surround then and batle after that Setsuka see that he fleed but ,back to persue him with others intentions(not pairing......yet XD)

Kilik and Xinghuan:In the nigth he gone she could barely breath,she was not going to go after him thoug ,she would travel by herself destoy Soul Edge and prove herself,him goes back to Edge Master to finish his training while entering in the labyrinth he could no longer look back.

Maxi:Back to the pirate life he no longer is after revenge,but a boy ask for help to find his father, who was defeated by the black giant he goes again in the pursuit of the golem,to once for all destroy he
Hope is good =)

Hum i going to try some now if you like i will continue ok =)
Voldo/Mina/Yun/Hwang: Him vs Mina and Yun-Seong, Yun goes for the tresures of Money pit and wake up the guardian, Voldo goes for a rampage(guess this is the word) and destroy the dojo, now two have reason to vengence and Hwang have a reason to come back yah this is just for fans have something to be happy

Mitsu/Setsu: Both get in a batle but the group of assasins that Mitsu kiled surround then and batle after that Setsuka see that he fleed but ,back to persue him with others intentions(not pairing......yet XD)

Kilik and Xinghuan:In the nigth he gone she could barely breath,she was not going to go after him thoug ,she would travel by herself destoy Soul Edge and prove herself,him goes back to Edge Master to finish his training while entering in the labyrinth he could no longer look back.

Maxi:Back to the pirate life he no longer is after revenge,but a boy ask for help to find his father, who was defeated by the black giant he goes again in the pursuit of the golem,to once for all destroy he
Hope is good =)

Voldo taking on Hwang, Mi-Na, and Yun-Seong would be an interesting battle. It gives them something to do other than inexplicably go after Soul Edge.

Mitsurugi and Setsuka's rivalry should've been touched on more in Soul Calibur IV before having Mitsu fight Algol. There has to be some resolve to that or bring in a new character to add to this.

Kilik and Xianghua: There is so much history between these two, I don't even know where to begin. Well, actually, looking at your idea for them, it's sounds much better than Xianghua getting married and Kilik having to deal with his burdens. I see Xianghua traveling alone and rediscovering herself while at the same time wondering why Kilik left her. Kilik trains with Edge Master but is having a hard time, and starts to questions whether his motives will come back to haunt him. Eventually, when both meet up, Xianghua challenges Kilik to prove that she is not weak, that she is equal to Kilik, and that he needs to stop letting his guilt dictate him.

As far as Maxi is concerned, the whole rivalry with Astaroth would've already ran its course. Unless that boy is Li Long's son and that Astaroth has somehow made it to Maxi's homeland, then I can see Astaroth being the one getting revenge on Maxi. So there's that.

Cassandra and Hilde teaming up would have something to do with the malfested taking over Wolfkrone and Cassandra is looking for her sister would set up their teaming up. Taki and Ivy teaming up would have to have a common enemy involved, that being Cervantes. Your ideas could've worked for SCV but what to do about the other vets?
This gives me an idea about how they could team up (Though this is more "future soul calibur story" versus if we should keep the vets anymore), but I just thought: Could Soul Edge bring Sophitia back as a knight of soul edge? Since its almost a fan-conclusion that we will see Cassandra again, perhaps we could see Sophitia again. Here's my little theory:
Soul Calibur VI has a bunch of minor plots that all join up for a major plot. Ivy learns how to make a portal to Astral Chaos and believes that killing Night Terror will fully redeem herself, and Patroklos goes because he thinks he should help, being the stereotypical "Lol justice" kind o' guy. They both go and meet Cassandra in there, and she comes out with them, still busty and young and all that good stuff. (The only S&S users at this point is Pyrrha, a fusion of her pyrrha and Oprah movesets, and would-be cassandra with something similar to Patroklos moveset, but with moar hips). Soul Edge is back (again) with Soul Calibur, and Soul Edge/Nightmare uses its power to bring back Sophitia. So now Sophitia and Cassandra are back, Sophitia working for Soul Edge now. Cassandra hears word of Sophitia's revival and goes to Wolfkrone, because Sophitia has claimed it for the Malfested (Which she is now). Hilde joins with her for obvious reasons, maybe patroklos and pyrrha come too because cassandra's their aunt.
There'd be a bunch of other little plots (Like Viola getting her memories back and Talim trying to purify Raphael or Amy if Viola isn't Amy or whatever) And also, I'd like the idea of tag team battles for those story modes. Because Tag Team is always fun and should be a bigger part of Soul Calibur VI :D

Hey you guys my ideas were good??
Anyway i like the whole revival thing, and the minor plots and yah tag batle ith the sytem of SC4 could even turn into minor tournaments of tag team, you guys if you want i can think something about any char you want =)

hey bud whatever floats your boat. if you enjoy the story line aspect of this game then thats fantastic for you. i surely hope they make the story the best it can be. in my opinion the story just isnt that big a deal for me. i would perfer them to concentrate more on balance, graphics and the fighting mechanics instead. it would be great if both game play and story line were of the utmost quality but if i have to choose between the 2 then gameplay wins hands down.
Well, I agree. I would never say they should ever prioritize the storymode seeing what SC5 turned out to be. I'd be perfectly satisfied with the basics retained, at most SC3's should be that standard and no more, no less. The time SC5 lacked wasn't invested properly at all. I'd rather they did what they did with SC3 and build the game's features around the storymode, not build the game off of the storymode as the only bulk of the game.

This time around am a bit on the serious side.. Although no one knows if there will be a SC6 "Although we sure as do deserve it", does anyone here feel that it's time for the vets to go? I know a great amount of the vets have magical abilities that makes them immune to aging,. The sad thing is what they have in youth, they lack in story. I know a LOT of the veteran fighters are extremely popular and maybe getting rid of all of them would be beyond foolish, but a handful of them can go now.

Characters that have been around forever

1. Ivy: My favorite female in the series "although both Pyrrah, Sophitia, and Natsu are runner ups", Ivy hasn't offered nothing to the story since SC3. If Miss Valentine is going to be around in the future, she needs to have greater inpact in the story or just sit her mansion and let some new dominatrix girl/boy enter the fray

2. Siegfried: C'mon we have Patroklos now. I know they figth nothing alike and totally different personality. The thing is Siegfried is just a army general against the endless war that is Soul Edge. He can still be in charge, but let him have a son or something to fight in his place

3. Tira: I feel bad about this. Not couting Broken Destiny, Tira has only been in two SC games prior to SC5. Too me Tira has just worn out her welcome. The problem with replacing Tira though is that she has a very unique style and personality. She makes a great villain as well, but with Pyrrah no longer at her mercy what is Tira going to do now? Maybe she'll kidnap someone else child and get them ready to become Soul Edge new host. The thing is that's pretty much the only story potential she has

4. Maxi: To be honest he can still work as a Father hen to the younger Soul Calibur characters like Xiba, Leixia, and Natsu. Yes he's old, but at least he's entertaining

5. Nightmare: Not my favorite villain, but Nightmare varies depending on it's current host. Makes for an okay villain I guess

6. Mitsurugi: The man has no life. Let me not take SC alway from him too

7. Cervantes: I can't for the life of me understand why he's still around. Upon Namco introducing Shura, I was certain the Cervy would be gone. Other than to annoy Ivy, what purpose does he serve? He and Dampierre can have a business relationship in a manual

8. Raphael: Soul Calibur 6 should be his last game. Aftwards if Amy regains her memories, she needs to take up her fathers style "I personally like her orb style more" or we need a new rapier character

9. Hilda: Now this is really unfair: Not counting BD and SC5, Hilda only appeared in one game. If Hilda didn't get so old and already had children I wouldn't mind her sticking around. Personally Hilda needs to allow her children "who are hopefully teens" to defend Wolfkrone

10. Algol: My love/lust for Algol is nearly limitless. However he is another character that has nothing to do with the stoy. First of all Algol is the living embodement of both swords and can kick anyone ass within the SC universe "even Mitsurugi" Algol works only as two things... a boss and eye candy. Algol has no further use for Soul Calibur and Soul Edge as I can tell. If Algol sticks around, I personally would be thrilled, but would bow my head in shame to know he's only around to make some swordsman look good.

In my opinion what the SC6 roster should be

1. Xiba
2. Pyrrah
3. Patroklos
4. Leixia
5. Leixin
6. Natsu
7. Viola/Amy
8. Z.W.E.I. "if he isn't dead"
9. Zasalamel "A character who hasn't worn out his welcome"
10. Astaroth
11. Voldo "Just gonna sneak that one in"
12. Bagoo "Rock's replacement"
13. Yoshimitsu
14. Shura
15. Maxi
16. Nightmare
17. Siegfried "Maybe"
18. Ivy "Maybe"
19. New Swordsman
20. Hilde "75% cool with 25% not cool"
21. New Swordsman
22. Older Yun-Seong
23. Algol "Nothing to due with the story, purely eye candy"
24. New Swordsman
25. New Boss

P.S.: If Sophitia can be replace, no one should be safe

Your thoughs
I didn't know Daishi Odashima was in this forum.

there have only been 3 or 4 actually good comments on this thread. some of the others... anyway idk if this is appropriate for this thread but here are my 2 cents: in general i think vets should be brought back primarily for their relevance and not just pure nostalgia. so mitsu, astaroth, rock etc should go if they're not gonna do anything.

- tira is my fav so obviously i don't want her to get cut, but even if she wasn't she has so much potential it'd be foolish of them to do it. don't wanna get into an essay about my love for her character + no shade, but any old villain can mindlessly slaughter people and eat souls. for me it's more interesting to see one thats as skilled in breaking people emotionally/psychologically as they are physically. SC and SE were destroyed so she really doesn't have anything left to live for; since nobody in the cast can catch her or get revenge i think the worst torture/punishment for her would have to be from herself. i kind of want to see her break down in sc6, and maybe start developing as a neutral in a later game. i feel like pyrrha (and sophitia if they decide to bring her back, but i think she won't want to fight anymore) could forgive her. *when i say forgive i don't mean totally excusing actions; i mean in an Aang, getting closure way.

- cass, on earth again, can reunite with pat/pyrrha, train them and helping pyrrha become more confident.

- human aeon pls.

- ivy's never going away, i'm ok with that because i like her; i would just like them to stop rehashing her issues with cerv (tbh i think he should've been cut after sc4). i feel like she could mesh nicely with Zasalamel because they're both aloof, don't seem to age, and have no alliegance .

- taki has done too much to just be tossed aside for getting old. she and talim could, at the very least,work sort of like exorcists for people tainted by SE. i feel like talim will be a little involved with Schwarzwind (bc wind )

- it'd be nice to see kilik/xianghua/maxi reunite after 17 years but it'd have to be for something that was important or risky. i'm kinda interested in seeing the k/x play out.

- if they're pressed for ideas i think the devs should do some research on 17th century korea to see if there's anything they can use to justify bringing back mi-na and yunseong.

Last edited:
No, not human Aeon. That would take away from his appeal. I always loved him because he's The Lizardman! Keep him in lizard form. In fact, please call him Lizardman again.

Back