A Soul Calibur podcast: Soulcast

xiang

Super Moderator
Hello, everyone!

So, to build on what I consider a successful Tekken podcast, I wanted to start up a SCV podcast that brings the same kind of flavor. I give to you the Soulcast series.

http://www.videogamingfederation.org/soulcast/

[Note: this site no longer exists but all of the episodes are still up on YouTube, the link to which is below.]

Hopefully the FAQ on that page answers most of your questions, but summed up: This series will take a look at SCV. Following in the Tekken podcast's footsteps, we're going to take a look at each character individually and, working our magic, get some well-known names to discuss the finer points with us. Since SCV is so new, the first few episodes are going to be strictly interviews, then we'll start to talk character-specific stuff.

I will keep a list of all episodes here on the initial post, but I will always make a new post with a link to the newest episode once they come out, just to keep the thread alive and kicking. And, of course, I will continually update this post with whatever is necessary. That being said, we are not in hiding and there are a ton of ways to get a hold of us, and as I'm sure everyone here is an online forum vet,... flame on.

Enjoy!

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kitaenjacks

Episode #1 - BrewtusBibulus (interview)
Episode #2 - Esom (interview)
Episode #3 - Hates (interview)
Episode #4 - MysticBill (interview)
Episode #5 - Hawkeye (interview)
Episode #6 - Sluch (interview)
Episode #7 - Partisan (interview)
Episode #8 - LostProvidence (interview)
Episode #9 - Heaton (interview)
Episode #10 - RyuJin (interview)
Episode #11 - Woahhzz (interview)
Episode #12 - Something-Unique (interview)

Character episodes: (Guest will be listed in parentheses.)

Episode #13 - Viola (LostProvidence)
Episode #14 - Mitsurugi (Mateo_Galvan)
Episode #15 - Natsu (kAb)
Episode #16 - Pyrrha (Xephukai)
Episode #17 - Siegfried (Heaton)
Episode #18 - Patroklos (DrakeAldan)
Episode #19 - Ivy (KineticClash)
Episode #20 - Aeon (Reptile)
Episode #21 - Cervantes (Hates)
Episode #22 - Algol (BrewtusBibulus)
Episode #23 - Ezio (The_Jimbonator)
Episode #24 - Leixia (ZeroEffect317)
Episode #25 - Maxi (IRM)
Episode #26 - Xiba (Party Wolf)
Episode #27 - Astaroth (Alex J)
Episode #28 - ZWEI (Zane and AndyrooxDS)
Episode #29 - Yoshimitsu (mkl and Ringout)
Episode #30 - Omega Pyrrha (Partisan)
Episode #31 - Nightmare (DIME)
Episode #32 - Raphael (Heaton)
Episode #33 - Voldo (Enkindu)
Episode #34 - Tira (SaltFace_GA)
Episode #35 - Hilde (Hussler)
Episode #36 - Dampierre (AZYG4LYFE)
Episode #37 - Alpha Patroklos (LostProvidence)

Last edited:
This is great, I listened to it earlier on your SRK post. I'm looking forward to hear more.

@DrakeAldan, NP. We first introduce ourselves and our guest to the community, and then delve into questions for Bibulus about his Final Round experiences, which chars he feels are top tier, we touch on the sexual harassment issues a bit and much more.

@Wuht, I am sorry to hear that, I am not having any trouble with getting it to populate. The link to the youtube video channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/kitaenjacks you should be able to find the video there.

I'll throw the link to the YouTube channel in the initial post as well. Silly me, should have thought about the video not loading properly, lol.

I been listening to you guys since your first Tekken podcast. Good to see you guys do one now for SCV. This first episode was very entertaining.

@DrakeAldan, NP. We first introduce ourselves and our guest to the community, and then delve into questions for Bibulus about his Final Round experiences, which chars he feels are top tier, we touch on the sexual harassment issues a bit and much more.

@Wuht, I am sorry to hear that, I am not having any trouble with getting it to populate. The link to the youtube video channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/kitaenjacks you should be able to find the video there.
good stuff

Will be listening to this tonight. Thanks for providing the content! I'll update this post with any comments that I might have.

Which reminds me: Feel free to use this thread for discussion about... well, anything, really. Most of the topics we discuss are open-ended, and I encourage debate and talk amongst the community. :)

That was a pretty long interview, so I'm not sure if the interview-only episodes will always be that long, but the character-specific ones will likely be around that mark, yeah. Once we get to that point I'll probably increase my Buzzsprout account limit so that people can download just the audio file to put on your mp3 player and whatnot.

Damn near forgot to update this thread. Just posted up a new episode with guest Esom. Pretty well known guy with interesting stories and opinions. Enjoy!

I wanted to get a perspective for NCR before PowerUp this weekend, so I managed to get Hates to come on and spread some... hate? Enjoy!

Sup, guys? Our coverage of Evo events continues, this episode featuring MysticBill. Enjoy!

Sup, dudes? You wanted to hear from Hawkeye, right? Good. :)

I also want to put here exactly what I put on the frontpage about the sound:

I do want to issue an apology for a pretty big misstep on our part: At some point during the interview, I'm fairly certain Hawkeye turned up the volume on his computer (most likely so that those in the back could hear) and it resulted in some pretty wicked echoes whenever funked or I said something. Luckily, this doesn't start until a little ways in to the podcast, and it only affected our speech; Hawkeye's line comes through fine. Ultimately, you only want to hear his words, right? :D

Just got a new episode recorded: Sluch, who took 2nd at Summer Slam. We'll be having Ryujin on at some point, as well, so consider this a part 1 or 2. Enjoy!

Back