A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold...

Of all the drawings i made recently, this is probably the biggest challenge i put to myself...can i do a xxxx ? This took around 2,5 hours in the making as well, from rough to finishing touches...this was done on A4 again, so getting the details right was kinda tricky on this one (which boasts even more details and strokes than the Warhammer Orc back then)

I tried to incorporate a lot of personal ideas into this one as i usually do with CAS...let us see what you can figure out :)

Oops, just realized the picture i took of it was incomplete, here is the missing part on the right of the drawing (a close-up doesn't harm, right ?), actually top of the helm has been cropped too, but nothing special up there anyways :

Last edited:
Besides if you click on the first picture for instance you get it full screen and full splendor (kinda, slightly decayed i admit :P)

That is beautiful. In a gruesome way. Somehow I can't seem to get a good read on him (really tired from work). Don't spoil anything for me though. I'll be pondering him for a bit.

Sure, take your time, i won't spoil anything...i was actually wondering what kind of line of work you are in (maybe you already told everyone in the intro vent lounge, but i am just curious and lazy :)

Here is the full (almost) uncropped picture to help you (in B&W and without the vanilla filter). Remember, it is clickable...Also working on a colored version...

Last edited:
Hmm...let's see what we have to work with here. Flowing beard + fancy robes. Definitely affluent. But arcane lettering on robe borders, magic orb, and evil-looking horns suggest he's a lich/necromancer rather than plain royalty. He's been seriously roughed up. Left horn broken, pitted skin, missing front teeth, ragged sleeves. His jewelry and staff, however, glimmer as if they've been recently polished. Possibly due to their magical properties. His right arm is wrapped in some crude bandages, in stark contrast to his fancy clothes. Can't imagine why. Perhaps he was mummified, and having reawakened by dark magic powah, proceeded to tear off his bandages. Another possibility is that he fell in battle. Wounded and broken by some righteous knight trying to save his damsel in distress. He's casting some kind of spell (probably of ill-intent), yet his eyes are actually pretty relaxed (non-furrowed eyebrows). So whatever he's doing, he seems to be taking his un-life pretty well. Pretty respectable.

Hmm...let's see what we have to work with here. Flowing beard + fancy robes. Definitely affluent. But arcane lettering on robe borders, magic orb, and evil-looking horns suggest he's a lich/necromancer rather than plain royalty. He's been seriously roughed up. Left horn broken, pitted skin, missing front teeth, ragged sleeves. His jewelry and staff, however, glimmer as if they've been recently polished. Possibly due to their magical properties. His right arm is wrapped in some crude bandages, in stark contrast to his fancy clothes. Can't imagine why. Perhaps he was mummified, and having reawakened by dark magic powah, proceeded to tear off his bandages. Another possibility is that he fell in battle. Wounded and broken by some righteous knight trying to save his damsel in distress. He's casting some kind of spell (probably of ill-intent), yet his eyes are actually pretty relaxed (non-furrowed eyebrows). So whatever he's doing, he seems to be taking his un-life pretty well. Pretty respectable.

Pretty good critique as always.
Lich is spot-on and yes it has been in a fight...I like how you noticed the contrast between ragged clothes and bandages and the powerful gems, amulets and orb oozing dark forces of the Underworld. Necromancer also true as you can tell by the strange crossing of a snake (body), dragon (head) and scorpion (tail) wrapped around the wand in a familiar posture (pun!).
The maggot crawling out of his nostrils supplements the undead look, and you can spot part of the Paladin's chain mail glove in the lower left hand corner, as he slowly dissolves in the acid spell cast from the liches right hand.
The foe is of old norse nobility as shown by the viking inspired crown helmet and the way it holds the wand making it more of a scepter per se.
As for the gaze, the eyes had to look hollow and non directional as if zombified, thus adding to the impression of a soulless being aware of its powers yet deprived of any emotions...

Actually, it kindas stares at the viewer in defiance (dare withstand my stare, mere mortal ?)

Thanks again for your review mate :)

Last edited:
First another version of my Lich (toonified) for this undead board :P

Then, one of my son's friends challenged me to do Ezio Auditore...
The Ezio i think is the most charismatic is the one from AC Revelations, so i went for this one...
A few hours later, "in the interest of time" :

Last edited:
As much as i hate bumping my stuff but i guess the last 2 went pretty unnoticed...i am seriously into diablo now, i might borrow my kids 360 and CAS my sexy fem witch doctor...love that char class, so much fun, if anyone playing this...xcept Darknemesis trading legendary items with me :)

I can't be allowing you to just bump stuff because it goes unnoticed man, especially when it's not even CaS related. There IS an art forum if you wanna post there.

Oh an art forum, i didnt know...thanks for reminding me so kindly...let me delete my not so Cas related post then, oh wait but last time i checked others started posting art in their thread when they grew bored of CAS... that and i always did btw :) but you are right tho...

Wait !!! this reply could be misinterpreted as a clever bump attempt per se mon ami :p

Ps : also trying to open a CAS / game related discussion in my post, which you may have overseen

I like the really dynamic pose on Ezio. Something about his teeth aren't cutting it for me though. Hmm...and what's this CAS / game related discussion thing about?

Posting art is fine. Bumping for art is not.

And yes you DID mention CaS in your bump post, lightly but I can't very well tell the new person all about bumping unnecessarily and then let you get away with it. Double standards that.

Posting art is fine. Bumping for art is not.

And yes you DID mention CaS in your bump post, lightly but I can't very well tell the new person all about bumping unnecessarily and then let you get away with it. Double standards that.

Well the page bump sorted that out i guess :) i understand the need to be fair of course that´s what (good) mods are here for !

I like the really dynamic pose on Ezio. Something about his teeth aren't cutting it for me though. Hmm...and what's this CAS / game related discussion thing about?

Thx,
I dont know if you mean the lip scar that i drew on the right side of the mouth or else what bugs you mate ?

The rest is just me being told the rules of this forum (DO NOT...LAUGH :p)

Yeah, i seem to like drawing sharp teeth with all the vampires, monsters, dragons etc. i am used to drawing.
Damn, even my cute "Chi" Manga cat has two sharp teeth, it seems i can't help, i should prolly see a shrink about that, must be able to solve that kind of teething trouble :P

Actually, i did that one CAS while on holidays in a medieval city, it is called
Seigneur Chevalier Pixelil'vil (i am sure Le Bello will figure that one out :)
It is an in-game close-up hence the visible pixels of course :P
And to the ones claiming i did not do this CAS, biologically speaking...i did !

CAS stands for : Clovis is Absolutely Silly (didn't you guess ?)

hahaha I don't think I've ever seen a CaS look so happy. The smoothing effect the Cap'n's pretty cool in a cinematic kinda way.

Back