A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold...

Not even this?

I have to admit that is a very cool scene indeed Slade :)
I will have to watch the movie over and over again for my own mental sanity and hopefully for it to deliver its full potential. I thought 2 was a good movie, it just felt less poetic, charming and engaging.
The running gag of the love triangle fell completely flat.
Significantly darker mood yes, lovingly animated yes, technically vastly improved on the first one check, great 3D yes, but the spark of originality and humor in the first was just spot-on, and absent of the sequel. Astrid has become a bland wannabe spouse spending time doting Hiccup, hiccup is too serious for his own good, and the lines are too few and far between.

The story is at best muddled and didn't wow me...mild disappointment was my first impression...sorry, i don't mean to ruin it for you, and i will definitely give the 3DBluray a go :)

Last edited:
Complementing my Bobba Fett from back then... Making the helmet design look right from the side was somewhat of a chore...glad it has the vader looks in-game, ugly cape aside :)

700071dv3.jpg

4 hours after...
The Pirate Twins are born...

There is more work on the blonde twin, i admit, as i worked on her first...mostly pencil / rubber / black pen and digital rework for highlights...
Now how's that for material for a background story...(yes, i know the board is dead :)

Awesome! Especially the 2nd one. Must be awkward for your wife to watch you draw that sexy vixen lol. Can't really tell what's goin' on though. There's a whale floppin' around on the right and a pirate ship on the left. There's a map, knife, and mug on the table. A monkey's reaching for the bag of money. There also seems to be a baby kraken hidden under her hat. Spider tattoo? Strangely enough, the drawing's layout is nearly identical to the Mona Lisa's. It'd take a real Sherlock to assemble all these random elements into a coherent story. My best guess is that she's negotiating with someone over territories. Since she's relying on that seductive pose to get her points across, she must be addressing an important man.

Thanks mon ami.
Well, it is just a composition, nothing related to any background story per se, just tried to put in as many piratey elements as possible, without making it a jumbled mess.
Woho, Mona Lisa, what a comparison, thank YOU :)
My wife finds those drawings very amusing, but she doesn't see me draw most of the time (pfew ! :P)

Hope you are doing well, any luck finding out the "panacea" over at your shadey lab ?

Thanks mon ami.
Well, it is just a composition, nothing related to any background story per se, just tried to put in as many piratey elements as possible, without making it a jumbled mess.
Woho, Mona Lisa, what a comparison, thank YOU :)
My wife finds those drawings very amusing, but she doesn't see me draw most of the time (pfew ! :P)

Hope you are doing well, any luck finding out the "panacea" over at your shadey lab ?
Haha we're working on it. Might extend your life for a very painful four years, but hey, progress. Btw I tried to make your wrestler ninja CaS, but it didn't work for me. I think it's cuz his appeal is that raw, no-bullshit kinda look. Doesn't mesh well with random pocket stickers, clothing extensions, etc. which is my usual mode of CaS. Maybe you'll have better luck?

Haha we're working on it. Might extend your life for a very painful four years, but hey, progress. Btw I tried to make your wrestler ninja CaS, but it didn't work for me. I think it's cuz his appeal is that raw, no-bullshit kinda look. Doesn't mesh well with random pocket stickers, clothing extensions, etc. which is my usual mode of CaS. Maybe you'll have better luck?

Nice try but i will not try to create another 360+ th CAS :)
show us ur wrestler anyways, won't you ?

I'm being silly because you called him "mon ami" if you'd actually done something wrong you'd know about it :P
Okayyyy i should have known...you are both mes amis buuut your french is probably better than brucege's.
Let us have a little (con)test between you 2, shall we ?
No cheating...
Which one of these sentences in french is correct ?
Monsieur Le Bello aiment bien titiller Vilarcane
Monsieur Le Bello est un grant enfant
Monsieur Le Bello ne sait pas joué contre Maxi ni Viola
Monsieur Le Bello est et sera toujour mon ami sur ce site

It might not be as easy as it looks / reads...the winner (brucege / Le Bello / both / noone) will get a sur-prize :p

Last edited:
Okayyyy i should have known...you are both mes amis buuut your french is probably better than brucege's.
Let us have a little (con)test between you 2, shall we ?
No cheating...
Which one of these sentences in french is correct ?
Monsieur Le Bello aiment bien titiller Vilarcane
Monsieur Le Bello est un grant enfant
Monsieur Le Bello ne sait pas joué contre Maxi ni Viola
Monsieur Le Bello est et sera toujour mon ami sur ce site

It might not be as easy as it looks / reads...the winner (brucege / Le Bello / both / noone) will get a sur-prize :p
I want the sur-prize, but French is waaaaay beyond me. I have enough trying to learn one language (English). I do plan to learn eventually though, since my aunt is a French citizen (born Chinese, obviously) living in Paris. And France was awesome when I visited. 'Specially Versailles. That place is the SHIT.

Yes Versailles is pretty mindblowing...funny enough you can find all of french revolution 18th century Paris painstakingly recreated in AC Unity on xbox one / ps4.
You can still give the quiz a wild guess :)

Back