Advice for a Newbie?

ChrisDireWolf

[08] Mercenary
First off, sorry if this is the wrong section or there is already a topic relating to this, I looked around and couldn't find anything but if I have overlooked it then sorry.

Essentially I need some advice, I'm a pretty average player at best, I normally play Cervantes or Mitsurugi and I'm having a fair amount of trouble online against Nightmare. I'm not going to bitch and complain about how Nightmare is overpowered or the game is unbalanced because, well it's counterproductive and pointless, and being a Soul Calibur forum you have probably heard every complaint there is about that kind of stuff. I even spent around twenty minutes in training with Nightmare myself and went online defeating players that were far better than me with him, but frankly I'd rather play the players I enjoy playing instead of playing a character just to win matches.

So, basically I was hoping you could all give me a little advice on how to get around Nightmare, because it seems like I can be playing against players that are a lot less skilled than myself (Not to be arrogant) and suddenly six hits later I've lost.

Back