Aeon General Discussion / Q&A

Use 6B$ over CE in that situation near walls. It always work if you're close enough, does close to the same damage (assuming CE works), take only half a meter and you have the 6B$ oki mixup for more damage potential.

After 6(K) gets blocked near the edge, you can use the CE to RO people there, unless something else would kill them.

Use 6B$ over CE in that situation near walls. It always work if you're close enough, does close to the same damage (assuming CE works), take only half a meter and you have the 6B$ oki mixup for more damage potential.

After 6(K) gets blocked near the edge, you can use the CE to RO people there, unless something else would kill them.
Like you would know

Just wanted to point out something about 2k for those who did not notice. From crouch 2k has more reach then regular 2k.

It's also 1F faster and TCs 3 frames earlier. There's no point in doing iFC K instead of 2K though, since the iFC eats up 5 frames anyway. Mostly something to keep in mind after ~FC moves like 2B (which is a poke that deserves more credit than it's given).

Also, it takes an extra 8 frames to begin a step of any type after being forced into crouch (block or hit), so 2B on hit actually gives you enough + frames that 8B+K will catch backdash afterward. I'll make a longer post about these kinds of setups soon, as this puts 1K in a new light (as well as 8B and some others).

Last edited:
Another thing to keep in mind, 2K catches step while FC K doesn't. Also, while the FC versions of 2K and 2A might TC earlier, the TC on them is relatively useless. FC 2A is great for frame traps, like after 2K on hit for example, but you'll get hit by regular AA's anyway in this situation. Likewise, if you try to use it at higher - frames, you can get thrown out of it.

FC A TCs from F1-7, so oddly enough you can delay it slightly to beat AAs after 2K. This is useless though since you lose the speed advantage by delaying it and you could've just done WR B anyway.

2K/FC K shouldn't be used specifically for their TCs, I just mentioned it because it's a neat auxiliary benefit.

There is another benefit with FC 2k longer range. Backstepping after hit avoids pretty much anything mid range characters can dish out to catch that backstepp. Good beacause of whiffs , mostly safe, the annoyance factor and putting you back in the 66a comfort Zone. Hopefully they will start recognizing the going to FC motion and u can start catching some twitch ducks with mids from there. If not fine, eat my low kicks and 66a

Last edited:
2B is a great poke for setups, so I'm definitely interested in Slade's info there

To follow up on Funke's info, 2K/FC 2K also works great into things like 22A~B (if they're close/sidestepping/running in) or 4B (if they're further and running in) to catch movement counterhits (of course that moves are quite unsafe, especially the first on guard, but the risk-reward is almost always in your favor if you use it sparingly and intelligently). 4A is alright sometimes too, but if you're at poke range it's not going to do you much good given its range.

There is another benefit with FC 2k longer range. Backstepping after hit avoids pretty much anything mid range characters can dish out to catch that backstepp.

I have been trying this and it's amazing. I can usually backstep safely after it which isn't the case for 2K.

yup, I only noticed a few days ago. It's amazing that our lovely lizard is still surprising us. There are very few moves that can reach. Those that can are slow frame moves, and even with those 4b+k can super TC some of them. That leaves some characters without any option at all. Muhahahah!

Last edited:
You can. Just rock the d-pad from 4 to 3. Same thing as Asta 28B+G, only the directions are different.

Back