[Alberta, Canada] We exist!

Hussler

Hilde SA Mod
Hey Albertans,​

Welcome!

As of right now, the local scenes in Alberta aren't exactly big, but we have some of the most dedicated (and nicest) Soul Calibur players you'll ever meet!

Edmonton & Area's main tournament hosting organization is the Edmonton Gamers.
They frequently host tournaments, and are willing to add games to the list if the community shows their numbers. Weeklies are held at Overclocked Gaming (11618 - 119 St Edmonton, AB) Saturday's from 1-5pm (tentative). More information from Slayer_X64 in the spoiler:
In Edmonton, unfotunately we dont have a permanent meeting time as of yet - we normally just try to organize things upon peoples schedules. however, im willing to make some propositions for weekly meetings:

As of now, the Edmonton Gamers tournament community meets every wednesday at 7:00PM-12:00midnight for fight night(which is pretty much for all fighting games, although the main game seems to be SF and Marvel.) down at the overklocked gaming center, over at 11618 - 119 St Edmonton, AB Off Kingsway near city center airport. it costs $4/h to play(or $30 for an entire day) but there is a special agreement there with the shoryuken community members that we may be able to take advantage of IF we are able to meet on fight night wednesdays.

They also have "Salty Sundays" for minor games at the same place - im sure they would welcome us into that as well.

However due to the already established day/time restrictions of the current players in our community, i would like to suggest that we follow the following schedule and place:

Every Saturday @ 1:00PM-5:00PM
Location: Overklocked Gaming(because its a good neutral meeting place for everyone to meet at 11618 - 119 St Edmonton, AB Off Kingsway near city center airport(it should be able to be found on google maps, and i know the #12 bus passes by the center.
Cost: $20/meeting/member(maybe we can nab a special deal but i wouldnt count on it yet.) or you can pay the $40 to become a member, and get a bundled price of $13 for 4 hours of gameplay, save money in the long run. but i'll leave that up to you.
Transportation: unfortunately none of us drive, so you will have to find your own transportation. i will be able to do more once i have gotten my drivers license, but i cant do much before then. i personally catch the bus.
Other info: generally we meet up at about noon and grab lunch together at kingsway before we go. You could simply meet us at overklocked if you dont want to join us, its up to you.
Contact Info: if you need my contact information, please feel free to PM me and i will give it to you.

And if you ever want to just play some casuals with just me, please let me know and i'll gladly meet you. im generally free most days during the week.

In Calgary, the Soul Calibur community meets up on Thursday's from 6-10pm, at the F.G.C.C.'s weekly casuals held at the University of Calgary (be sure to like them on Facebook). As of right now, there aren't any frequent tournaments being held due to the lack of a community, but it will grow in time! More info in the spoiler:
The FGCC hosts casuals for every game on Thursday's from 6-10pm at the University of Calgary. The exact room and location can be found on the Facebook page.
(www.facebook.com/fgcc.page)

Casuals are free to enter for all members, or $2 to play for the day.
Membership is $5/year.

If you are planning to come to one of the casual meets, please post below!
In addition, if you want to meet up with any of the local players, just send them a message!
All of us are happy to meet up to level up.

Also, be sure to join the Canada Soul Calibur Facebook Group!

---

The Current/Active Alberta Roster:

Edmonton:
Slayer_X64 :sc5sig1: (PSN: Slayer_X64, XBL: SlayerX64R)
INORI DWF :sc5nm1: :sc5ast1: (PSN: HueJass, XBL: Inori DWF)
Andur :sc5pyr1: ( XBL:)
Zehrithayl :sc5sig1: (XBL: Zerithayl)

Red Deer:
ARustyLamb :sc2yos2: (PSN: The-Iron-Lamb, XBL: ARustyLamb)

Calgary:
Hussler :sc4hil1:(PSN: Hellbornchaos)
darkwings13 :sc5zwe1::sc5nm1:(PSN: LANVERSY)
Street11:sc5ezi1:(PSN: Street121)
Christoph :sc4tir1::sc5pyr1:

Medicine Hat:
Altaire :sc5nm1::sc5sc::sc1crv1: (XBL: Altaire V)

---

See you around!

In Edmonton, unfotunately we dont have a permanent meeting time as of yet - we normally just try to organize things upon peoples schedules. however, im willing to make some propositions for weekly meetings:

As of now, the Edmonton Gamers tournament community meets every wednesday at 7:00PM-12:00midnight for fight night(which is pretty much for all fighting games, although the main game seems to be SF and Marvel.) down at the overklocked gaming center, over at 11618 - 119 St Edmonton, AB Off Kingsway near city center airport. it costs $4/h to play(or $30 for an entire day) but there is a special agreement there with the shoryuken community members that we may be able to take advantage of IF we are able to meet on fight night wednesdays.

They also have "Salty Sundays" for minor games at the same place - im sure they would welcome us into that as well.

However due to the already established day/time restrictions of the current players in our community, i would like to suggest that we follow the following schedule and place:

Every Saturday @ 1:00PM-5:00PM
Location: Overklocked Gaming(because its a good neutral meeting place for everyone to meet at 11618 - 119 St Edmonton, AB Off Kingsway near city center airport(it should be able to be found on google maps, and i know the #12 bus passes by the center.
Cost: $20/meeting/member(maybe we can nab a special deal but i wouldnt count on it yet.) or you can pay the $40 to become a member, and get a bundled price of $13 for 4 hours of gameplay, save money in the long run. but i'll leave that up to you.
Transportation: unfortunately none of us drive, so you will have to find your own transportation. i will be able to do more once i have gotten my drivers license, but i cant do much before then. i personally catch the bus.
Other info: generally we meet up at about noon and grab lunch together at kingsway before we go. You could simply meet us at overklocked if you dont want to join us, its up to you.
Contact Info: if you need my contact information, please feel free to PM me and i will give it to you.

And if you ever want to just play some casuals with just me, please let me know and i'll gladly meet you. im generally free most days during the week.

If like to go to some of these meetings, it'd just be a little difficult for me.
I don't know Edmonton or Calgary very well and of course...
I don't drive -.- I'm not really sure which list I'd go on either, why is there no Red Deer section? I can't be the ONLY one here haha

Here goes..
Name: A Rusty Lamb
Main: Yoshimitsu, a few others but none are good enough to mention.

lol no worries. I added you in a separate Red Deer section.

Luckily, in Alberta if you don't drive you can always take the bus (Greyhound or Red Arrow). Shouldn't be too expensive if you are traveling from Red Deer.

Hope to meet you and play you soon ^^

Yeah, probably pretty cheap to bus it... But then I'm still lost in an unknown city.

I also hope to meet you and finally play some offline matches soon haha

Well, if any of you are traveling to Calgary via bus, I'm sure myself or a friend of mine would be able to pick you up from the bus stop. It's unlikely that we can do that during a weekly because of the time constraint, but before or after a tournament there would be no problem.

The FGCC is planning to a "side games" tournament sometime down the line, so let's try to get our numbers up by then.

edit: also, I'm still a student so I can't really host on the weekends unless it's the summer of some sort of holiday

Altaire, Medicine Hat. Nightmare, Alpha Pat, Cervantes.

Calgary isn't TOO far from me, and while I'm still out of a car, it's not too expensive to take the Greyhound. I think it gets as low as $80 for a round trip, as long as you buy online. That's really not a hell of a lot more than what I'd be paying for gas to drive 6 hours total to get to Calgary and back again, so I can't complain.

If you guys organize any tournaments or meetups, I'll definitely do what I can to make it out that way. Alternatively, if I'm ever in Calgary or Edmonton for any other reason, I'll be sure to let you guys know so I can see if anyone is up for some casuals. Here's to hoping we can get a decent scene going around here.

Also, as a suggestion: Why not include everyone's XBL and/or PSN tags in the first post? That might make it easier for everyone to get familiar. Even when it's not possible to travel and play one another, online play is always an option, and we should be able to get some pretty good connections if we're playing people within a 500km-ish radius.

I can do the online session on saturday after 2 after I get off work. Hoping to meet and play you all everyone! (>^.^)
*Ein says he looks forward to battle. Woof woof.

PSN Homies:
My week is a bit rough, but I can do tonight at 9:30pm-ish, or Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Bark. Sat works for me.
Btw, I don't know if I can hold a SCV setup on Thursday's casuals, but you are welcome to drop by and see if it's up (or play other games, lol). We're buying another monitor and CRT this week, so we should have a lot more games and stations available.

Yo, are you on PSN or XBL? I couldn't find out from your profile. Let me know, thanks!

Cool, no problem. I can always go for that Ike mirror match with your friend if Soul Calibur isn't available lol. We got another monitor and CRT? That's great news! =)

Ok, so who can make it to our Edmonton session this saturday? we'll be following the schedule posted above.

Back