Amy CAS in Soul Calibur V

LizardmenArise

[09] Warrior
Hi there, my old thread on this failed, seeing as it spiraled into a flame war. Anyways, I recently created a Amy CAS using Viola (which may in fact be Amy, based on the evidence) and I was wondering what you guys thought of it, whether the colors are right and such. I'll leave a video and a few screenshots below, though they are a tad outdated because I made Amy's hair a bit more red and the red on her dress was altered a bit. Formula coming soon for those who are interested. :)

And I have had trouble learning how to add pictures to the 8 Way Run forums, so I suggest that you take a look at my photobucket. There are 4 pictures in all. :6: http://s766.photobucket.com/albums/xx303/IntactGardenGnome/?action=view&current=SOULCALIBUR_3.png

I didn't understand you on the previous thread, I don't understand you in this either. What Cas? What "Amy"? I only see Viola with customized colors.

CAS, face 1, kuudere voice, raphael style, apropiate clothes, some flowers, Tira hair and you have Amy.

I didn't understand you on the previous thread, I don't understand you in this either. What Cas? What "Amy"? I only see Viola with customized colors.

CAS, face 1, kuudere voice, raphael style, apropiate clothes, some flowers, Tira hair and you have Amy.

CAS means Create a Soul, which is the name of the character creator in this game. Amy is a character in the Soul Calibur series, starting out as a little girl in Soul Calibur III, and becoming a full fledged fighter in the fourth. In this game, Raphael is looking for Amy, who has become a daughter of sorts to her. Rumor has it that Viola, who happens to have amnesia, is in fact Amy, so in that fashion I decided to do a pallet-swap (i.e. changing colors) to Viola to be more in line with her appearance in Soul Calibur, if Viola is in fact Amy. And the "formula" you described there cannot work, because Amy's attire and hair style (aside from the curls present on Viola) are not in this game. I can't add flowers at random, Tira's hair isn't right for her, and Amy does not have Raphael's style. Therefore, given that and the similarities between the two characters, I made an Amy CAS using Viola as a template. Did that answer your question?

I made a Amy recolor on Viola too and I am proud of it, but I also suck with he new moveset. I feel ya >w<

But you talked as if you made some kind of...awesome CAS, a big descovering or something when you only took Viola and changed the palette.

I mean, is as if I pick Cervantes, change his skin color to purple and say...."Look, this awesomeness, its CERVANTES!!!"

And BTW, Amy has more fond for pigtails than curly hair. She always used tails, but only 2/3 those tails are curly. Key piece are tails, not the curly hair IMO

20120129011616!Amy_in_the_Soul_Calibur_II_opening.JPG

But you talked as if you made some kind of...awesome CAS, a big descovering or something when you only took Viola and changed the palette.

I mean, is as if I pick Cervantes, change his skin color to purple and say...."Look, this awesomeness, its CERVANTES!!!"

And BTW, Amy has more fond for pigtails than curly hair. She always used tails, but only 2/3 those tails are curly. Key piece are tails, not the curly hair IMO

20120129011616!Amy_in_the_Soul_Calibur_II_opening.JPG

Sorry I gave off that impression then. And I followed the SCIV version of Amy, not the Soul Calibur III version, because the apparel between Amy and Viola (or Amy) are so similar.

NeclordX knows what CaS is, and who Amy is. He's pointing out that this is just a recolour, and not an "Amy" CaS.

Yes, Amy's hairstyle and clothing aren't available in the game, however, when you present a thread leading people to believe you've made an Amy CaS, people expect this*:

Now then, onto the topic at hand here! Yes, this is a decent recolour. You seem to have gotten a fair degree of accuracy, and it almost looks like it could be Amy.

And don't worry about Vincent. Sounds like he was just being pissy because he thought the thread was about something else, which isn't your fault at all. Though I do agree that I'm sick of the "VIOLA IS AMY DESU" topics and theories.

Best of luck in your endeavours~

* This isn't even the best Amy CaS out there.

Back