Astaroth Q&A/Discussion Thread

yeah 100% guaranteed, also it looks like the CE has some odd propertys that grabs people out of TC's.

if you set the CPU to spam 2A over and over you can time a CE to grab them, but obviously no highs will connect.
Also it has 100% tracking.

I think Suirad stated that Oprah's stab (and I can only assume Pyr's as well) is now -18 so with the unduckable window ending on the 17th frame the CE would indeed be a legitimate punisher.

Haha omg punishing failed stabs with CE is the best thing ever. Also now that the armor on bullrush BE is increased you can now (what was said above) beat out alot of mix-ups for only half a bar of meter....XD

I wish Astaroth had throws like Viola.

I WANT WALL-LESS 142 DAMAGE THROWS FOR ONE BRAVE EDGE!

https://www.youtube DOT com/watch?v=Rsa05PJY0Q4&feature=player_detailpage#t=20s

...and there's a link if you want to just manually enter the DOT so you don't have to sit through a BING ad

-Also, Viola didn't need these buffs, nerf Viola.

Can someone test :8::8:or :2::2::K: crush properties? I swore I just saw it crush it low on a stream I was watching. Unable to test myself currently.

Does the 66K BE launch not work the same way as the 66[K] launch? I did it a couple times today and I couldn't get it to combo the way a 66[K] launch would.

nah it works excatly the same, the thing that makes some combos not land is the fact that most of the time you get RBR (revenge bullrush) you're off axis slightly, if you counter something like a B you'll always be able to land all the combos, if however you counter some spinning move of a move with lots of sideway momentum theres a good chance you'll be way off axis.

xibas 6b,k, and 6a,k er perfect examples.

I don't know if this has been brought up, but you can 1BB after a 22B BE if the opponent is in a "stunned" state. This is EXTREMELY useful on low-walled stages. It works best on taller/larger characters, but I've gotten it to work on the smaller ones too, just not consistently.

EDIT

I haven't tested extensively to see if it can be air controlled out of, but from what I've seen in real matches, it works.

EDIT 2

Ok, it only works on the beefier and taller characters. The 1BB catches mid-combo after 22B BE against: Cervy, Algol, Raph, Astaroth, Nightmare, Mitsu, Maxi, Siegfried, Aeon, Voldo, Yoshi, Ezio, Ivy, and Zwei.

That's a decent chunk of the cast, but sadly, it doesn't work on our worst matchups (Leixia, Pyrrha, and Natsu).

Is this a blocked 22B BE you are talking about (doubt it) or are you saying that the 1BB can catch them in mid-air after the 22B BE launcher? (REALLY doubt it)

Is this a blocked 22B BE you are talking about (doubt it) or are you saying that the 1BB can catch them in mid-air after the 22B BE launcher? (REALLY doubt it)

No, it's a combo. Any combo that puts your opponent in a stunned state causes the 1BB attack throw to connect. To test it yourself, go into training against one of the characters I listed and do 44{A}, 6B, 22B BE, 1BB.

I also want to point out that it leads to more damage than a 66B or A+G ender.

OH MY GOD SHE'S TIME TRAVELED THROUGH THE GAMES TO KICK OUR ASSES

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Haha! I hate you.

I don't know if this has been brought up, but you can 1BB after a 22B BE if the opponent is in a "stunned" state. This is EXTREMELY useful on low-walled stages. It works best on taller/larger characters, but I've gotten it to work on the smaller ones too, just not consistently.

EDIT

I haven't tested extensively to see if it can be air controlled out of, but from what I've seen in real matches, it works.

EDIT 2

Ok, it only works on the beefier and taller characters. The 1BB catches mid-combo after 22B BE against: Cervy, Algol, Raph, Astaroth, Nightmare, Mitsu, Maxi, Siegfried, Aeon, Voldo, Yoshi, Ezio, Ivy, and Zwei.

That's a decent chunk of the cast, but sadly, it doesn't work on our worst matchups (Leixia, Pyrrha, and Natsu).

This is amazing...thanks a lot!!!!!! :D

i'm not able to make the 1bb go in to the throw after 22b~be, also you can AC it right.

It doesn't work if you use it after a naked 22b BE, you must use it in a longer combo that started with a stunning move. For example 44[A]; AB; 22B BE; 1BB works and is absolutely impossible to escape w air control.

EDIT: it is escapable w Air Control moving far from Astaroth

Back