Astaroth Q&A/Discussion Thread

what are the best guaranteed followups on the following moves:

-CH 66B
4B, I think its a tech trap actually. Maybe 44B, I do that a lot and not a lot of people get out of it's way in time.
-CH WS K
Either A (WS KA) or maybe 44B. I think they fall backwards so you can't get a 2A+G_B+G. If you hit them in the back I think they fall towards you and you can get it though.
-CH 1K
Again A (1KA). I don't really think anyone has thought of anything other than that. Maybe a A+G air grab but not sure.
-CH 66A
[ B ] (66A[ B ]). 66A itself has lousy recovery so I doubt anything useful can be used after just that.

-CH 66K (wallsplat) what are guaranteed followups after the wallsplat?
Depends how close you are to the wall yourself when you start the attack due to recovery. If you are closer to the wall I think all you can get out of it is A+G_B+G, 4B, or 66K BE. If you are at a distance then you can recover in time for 6B, 3KA, 2A+G_B+G, 3A, or 1BB (character depenent).
-CH 6K (wallsplat)
Not really sure honestly, I think just 1A+G_B+G, 4B, and 66K BE.
-CH 66B (wallsplat)-
This wallsplats?
-3K, A (wallsplat)
6B, 3A, 1BB (character dependent), 2A+G_B+G, 6K, etc.

-post GI (also include re-GI attempt by opponent)
Dunno, I don't use it much.
-post JG (just guard)
Ditto, though I think it depends on what move you JG.
-post GB (guard burst)
I think someone said 66A[ B ] but I've never gotten it to hit in time. I know 6B and BB6 (when up close only) work fine for a crumple hit combo. Someone once said that a GB doesn't put them into a stun state and only the first hit after the GB will have the CH property so I don't think AB will work here.

thanks!

Hope this helps.

what are the best guaranteed followups on the following moves:

-CH 66B
-CH WS K
-CH 1K
-CH 66A

-CH 66K (wallsplat) what are guaranteed followups after the wallsplat?
-CH 6K (wallsplat)
-CH 66B (wallsplat)
-3K, A (wallsplat)

-post GI (also include re-GI attempt by opponent)
-post JG (just guard)
-post GB (guard burst)

thanks!

CH 66B 66K~BE 2A
CH wsK 3B
as far as i know only the canned A follow up is guarenteed after CH 1K
CH 66A,B or {B}

CH 66K far wall splat gets you 66A{B} for 130 no bar, or you can do BB6 and then wall combo, up close you only get a low throw.

post GI you can do 66AB and 3B for instant GI.
jg all depends on the move, if it's something fast i'll always try and throw, anything with recovery and i'l try for 66B or, BB6 then mix up.
GB depends on the move too, if you use 66K to break then 66A{B} is best, if you use 22B to break then you only get a 6B combo.

Jesus Monkey-loving Christ!!! For about 10 minutes there I was half freaking out thinking there was another BE move that I had somehow missed!

well obviously it mistook it for 8A+B, but why is there a BE flash on the move?, and if you look at the inputs i clearly did 8,8,B, A+B+K.

I wish the move had connected so we could see what it did.

I've been thinking about what that move would be like as a BE. I think instead of knocking them down it would glance off their head stunning them and then Asta would rear back and do a massive overhead swing that would bring the back end of the ax down on top of their skull. Kinda like a more maniacal version of 66A(B). Hypothetically speaking of course.

or instead of knocking them away they get stuck on his axe and he pulls them in for a free throw attempt :).

Found something interesting. Astaroth is taller then the tallest CAS height and has the same damage. His range is also greater as my CAS's 8B missed but Astaroths 8B hit. So not using him would be a disadvantage.

Is this common knowledge? :sc1ast1:

I saw that Maxi was apparently a similar height as Astaroth so I had to check that shit out. lol

Does the opponent have to be doing something to land 88bA+B+K 28B+G after his CE?
I've done it on my friend before, but when I go into training mode to see how much damage that is, the BE never launches high enough.

well obviously it mistook it for 8A+B, but why is there a BE flash on the move?, and if you look at the inputs i clearly did 8,8,B, A+B+K.

I wish the move had connected so we could see what it did.

A little bit late, but better late than never...
I have seen this happening, and I think Fhowarang can replicate this glitch with Maxi, it seems that you can cancel the buffer of some BEs, in the case of Maxi the buffer window is greater that's why I think is easier to replicate, but is nothing very useful.

Anyway, still loving the big guy, I can feel the power.

Does the opponent have to be doing something to land 88bA+B+K 28B+G after his CE?
I've done it on my friend before, but when I go into training mode to see how much damage that is, the BE never launches high enough.
The 28B+G will only work after an off-the-ground 88B BE occasionally and usually only against another Astaroth.

Back