Astral Chaos Round II Results and Shoutouts

Synraii

[14] Master
Ok, so with the arising issues around converters, general time of the year and so forth, the turnout could have been better, but overall it was a good night. Due to numbers, double elim had to be dropped in favor of round robin, but in the end it gave more games, so hey!

Results:
1st: Syn (Alpha Patroklos)
2nd Jet (Pyrrha)
3rd Rudeboy (Yoshimitsu)
4th Incandescent (Pyrrha Omega)
5th Stickystaines (Natsu)

Individual matches:

Syn:
vs Rudeboy 3-0
vs Stickystaines 3-1
vs Incandescent 3-0
vs Jet 3-0

Rudeboy:
vs Syn 0-3
vs Stickystaines 3-1
vs Incandescent 3-2
vs Jet 0-3

Stickystaines:
vs Syn 1-3
vs Rudeboy 1-3
vs Incandescent 1-3
vs Jet 0-3

Incandescent:
vs Syn 0-3
vs Rudeboy 2-3
vs Stickystaines 3-1
vs Jet 1-3

Jet:
vs Syn 0-3
vs Rudeboy 3-0
vs Stickystaines 3-0
vs Incandescent 3-1

Ranking points earned:
Syn - 28
Rudeboy - 10
Stickystaines - 3
Incandescent - 6
Jet - 20

Overall Standings:
1st - Syn 57
2nd - Jet 49
3rd - Asa 19
4th - Zalerus 11
5th - Rudeboy 10
6th - Incandescent 6
7th - Metakirb 5
8th - Matthis 4
9th - Stickystaines 3

Shoutouts:

Rudeboy - Good to see you again since insomnia, pal! You're making some very nice setups with that Yoshi of yours, I didn't get mixed up, I got mixed the fuck up, lol. I'll be taking away some of the things you did to try out with my own Yoshimitsu. I would suggest more iMCF pressure, but you were on point, especially with whiff punishment and played pretty solid, its also good to see a Yoshi who embraces his unsafety and takes a balls out, high damage approach. You have no fear and I respect that. I can see the improvement since insomnia, keep at it man, you're getting really good! See you next month bro!

Stickystaines - Yo, fuck Natsu wakeup bro. Don't be disheartened by the result, your main problem was matchup knowledge and for a fresh Calibur player you have a good concept of zoning, pressure and okizeme. Watching you, you didn't come across as a 2 month old player at all, though the results didn't stack well for you, your fundamentals were good and in time you will learn to deal with more characters and players. We talked on the train and your enthusiasm is a good thing, I know switching to Calibur from a 2D fighter exclusive background is a hard thing to do, but you're doing it! Also, your execution is sick as fuck. Hit the lab bro, when you have your character specifics down, you'll be a bloody good player!

Incandescent - The last time I knew you before today, I was the button mashing onliner you were bodying with Algol back in SCIV, lol. Its great to see you're giving offline a shot and were holding your own, you saw my hands after our match, they were shaking, haha. As I said in Brum, you're welcome round mine whenever, we've gotta play some more! I liked your pressure game with Omega and I'll see you next month if not sooner. Great to finally meet you in person, looking forward to our hype as fuck rematch! A very good performance for your first tournament man!

Jet - What can I say? Showing off your skills again man! I said before I wanted you to come to EBO to help represent the UK in the summer and I stand by that. Your defence, pressure, mixups, everything was strong, you're a great all rounder and you take to SCV's engine like a duck to water. I'd tell you to work a little more against Alpha specifically, but I'm afraid you'd completely body me next time we played, haha. You mentioned you spend time in London, hit up the locals, show them what you can do, they'll be impressed man! GGs today, see you next month! (Also, you play SSBM, please have my babies! ^_^)

Players who didn't enter:
AZ - Tell your boss you're ill next month, Le Bello must compete! You have skill, gotta put it on display man!
Karl - I'm sorry you had to leave mine before the tournament, I won't go into it here. I hope everything goes alright for you and if you need ANYTHING, I'm only a phone call away. I'm thinking of you man.
Asa - Gutted about the converter thing, its a shame you chose not to enter, but I can understand that, guess I'll see your Mitsurugi in June!
Zalerus - Where did you disappear to? Lol - I was hype for that NM man, shame I didn't get to take you on, next month I guess!
Percy - Turn your phone on XD
Metakirb - Save yo monies next time, lol.
Matthis - Didn't see you, hope you can make it to the next tourney!
Lom - Give competitive calibur a go man, I know you play casually, but you never know, it could be a great experience for you. Also, your stick is sexy.
The small army of marvel players there - Come play SCV! You know it makes sense! =)

On a final note:
The level of play is very encouraging among all of you! All of you are proving there are skilled SCV players in this country and with more experience you can all show the rest of Europe just what we can do. Playing with you is my honour and privelage, I have learned something from each and every one of you and its great to know that what was an almost dead scene in SCIV has developed into this! We can turn the Birmingham scene into the dominant UK scene with your help, you are all good enough and frankly, someone has to keep London on their toes, haha. Gentlemen, here's to UK calibur!

While the turnout could have been better, it was quite low for various legitimate reasons so no worries, see you all next month!

GGs!

Syn

I'll ask you to keep it on topic in this thread. This is meant to be here for a record of the tournament, not for you to be a tard.

Well all you can do is ask, but there isn't much more you can do is there? Don't see how my post wasn't on topic, but anyways stay ignant.

Well all you can do is ask, but there isn't much more you can do is there? Don't see how my post wasn't on topic, but anyways stay ignant.

perhaps not much, but i can. this is a tournament props thread. if you have nothing to contribute...then...well...don't contribute. it is pretty easy to do.

congrats on the sweep, syn. where was hyrule to show you who is boss?

perhaps not much, but i can. this is a tournament props thread. if you have nothing to contribute...then...well...don't contribute. it is pretty easy to do.

congrats on the sweep, syn. where was hyrule to show you who is boss?

Haha, you deleted it! There was a question which was on topic regarding a London vs Midlands thing which was ignored. Might as well delete my other posts too (including this one) since those are off topic too (pointless leaving it there, doesn't make sense by itself). Lol @ Synraii telling Mummy tho :-)

Back