Basic Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'NEW PLAYER ARENA' started by IdleMind, May 11, 2011.

1. Solo

Solo [14] Master

XBL:
    SoloT4
    Yeah, kind of sucks... at least you guys get some costume packs in a few weeks.
  2. Diclonius

Diclonius [01] Neophyte

doesnt help me show off my chars at my message board :(
  3. Solo

Solo [14] Master

XBL:
    SoloT4
    Then take pictures of your character with a decent camera (12 megapixels at least). Then edit, post on Photobucket or something, then post on your message board. If that doesn't work for you then ask around the CaS boards.
  4. Steeljack

Steeljack [01] Neophyte

Aren't the characters saved separately from progress? I haven't looked, but that would make sense. If that i the case, you should be able to move the save data to a 360 formatted thumb drive.
  5. Solo

Solo [14] Master

XBL:
    SoloT4
    ^That's interesting, someone should see if that's so.
  6. Balloons

Balloons [01] Neophyte

Quick few questions cause I can't find this anywhere. What's the start-up frames for guarding and crouching respectively?
    papertiger16 likes this.
  7. Synraii

Synraii [14] Master

8. mneme

mneme [09] Warrior

PSN:
    mneme
    Actually, you can just tap low with the JG input. But yes, a low JG is different from a non-low JG.

Natsu has like 3+ UBs, you know. But yeah, I think if it's a low UB (like Natsu's 2A+B) you have to JG it low (but you can jump it)
  9. jadensoral

jadensoral [01] Neophyte

Why is it so damn hard to get a ranked match online these days? It used to be easy, but now I always have to go the Colosseum or rooms etc...
    • Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

Mage Super Moderator

PSN:
    Mage_8WR
    Because people have started to realize that only scrubs go there :) To learn more and gain more experience, go for a player battle.
    Paranormal_Oreo likes this.
  10. Mothmonsterman0

Mothmonsterman0 [01] Neophyte

how do you do the slide like inputs? like Yoshis a:B+K? i can maybe get it like once every 20 try.....and it's used in alot of his combos =(
    • Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

Mage Super Moderator

PSN:
    Mage_8WR
  11. papertiger16

papertiger16 [01] Neophyte

Hi could anyone help me out me and my friend can't see each others custom characters in our sc5 player matches we both have our options set to show all and have the catalog downloaded but we keep showing up as blank characters. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
    • Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

Mage Super Moderator

PSN:
    Mage_8WR
    Go to make a new custom character.

When you are at the list that says "Body", "Equipment", etc, at the bottom there should be one named "Cepheus Store" or something like that. Click on that and then download compatibility pack. It's free.

If this still happens then ask your friend if he has done this aswell.

NOTE: I know you have done it, but try it once more.
  12. papertiger16

papertiger16 [01] Neophyte

Thanks Mage still no luck Any
    Other ideas
    • Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

Mage Super Moderator

PSN:
    Mage_8WR
    I really don't have any other ideas.

Sorry :\
  13. shigoshi

shigoshi [01] Neophyte

As a new player, I found the resources for everything else bar one thing and it is not mentioned as if it's taboo (as in, not even things in the SCV tutorials, resources on this site and even the game manuals mechanic explanations) is JUST inputs? What is meant by a JUST input and what effect does it have on moves? How does one perform a JUST input?

Would be greatly appreciated. Now if you excuse me, time to go and get my rear-end handed to me by kilik in legenary souls mode again (maybe this time I might just shove that kali-yuga up his sunless area).
  14. Solo

Solo [14] Master

XBL:
    SoloT4
    ^JUST simply means Just Frame. Like 2143a:B, NSS b:A, iagA.
    • Senior Moderator
    • Premium Supporter

Mage Super Moderator

PSN:
    Mage_8WR
    In other words, you must either perform that move as fast as possible or there is a timing involved to get the second/third/fourth hit.
    Solo likes this.
  15. D1mech

D1mech [01] Neophyte

Random question: Loving the game so far, but am having a problem when I try to sidestep (not the normal sidestep, but the one when trails of wind follow your character, forgot what it's called :P ). The problem is that I use a normal PS3 joystick, it works fine when I try it with the D-Pad, but it seems like I can never do it with the normal analog stick. Any tips on how to do this? Or do people use the d-pad for this move?

Thanks, and sorry for the noob question :P