Best 360/PS3 Controller Converter for Fight Sticks?

Silmerion

[09] Warrior
Hey,

After a couple years, I'm getting back into Soul Calibur. I posted here under the account "Darago" for a lot of SCIV's lifetime.

Here's my problem: naturally, I want an arcade stick. I own a 360, so I'll be buying one for that, but many of my friends have PS3s. What's the best (most responsive) 360/PS3 controller converter for, say, a Madcatz stick?

I have neither the funds nor the motivation (yet) to dual mod and I just need a quick fix.

Wow, those Gremlin Solutions sticks are sexy (and not any more expensive than a Madcatz stick would be). Thanks for pointing me to those!

I was in the same situation you were in like a month ago when my TE stick broke down and I was shopping around for a new one. If you are looking for a stick that does it all then you have to look at Eightarc. It comes out of the box dual modded under warranty. Has a great weight to it and a felt bottom so it doesn't slide around on your lap. It was like 184 bucks but honestly i feel it was worth every penny and cheaper than getting a new TE stick and having it modded.

http://eightarc.com/fusion-ivory

So I wouldn't have to pay egregious shipping costs for these Eightarc sticks, but I'd get the same level of quality?

Seems like a win-win.

All of the Eightarc's use Sanwa Parts same as the TE sticks. Also they are easier to work on if you need to do something like change out a gate on a stick or replace a button down the road.

I wish I would have searched around a bit myelf. I just copped the new Madcatz Soul edition fightstick. Then quickly educated myself because I have been out of the loop for a while. Found out things such as 8arc, and Qanba do exist(Companies that sell sticks with quality parts, and are already dual modded. For dirt cheap... What the Hell?!!!!). But whatever I can be pretty impulsive.

It is cool though, because I do like the Namco layout a little better. I owned a stick with that layout before and I liked that better than any TE I've had. Maybe because that stick was the only thing I had for a while lol. Now just gotta drop some extra money to dual mod the Soul edition :P

Technically, the Qanba/Eightarc sticks are "dual console." Dual modded usually refers to a stick that's had it's warranty voided for dual console compatibility.

Speaking of which, there are a couple of other options for this.

There's the eTokki OMNI:
30mu781.jpg

Then the JOY TROn EXChanger.
Joy_Tron_EXChanger.jpg

Both also have the interesting option to fit a Korean Fanta stick, which is supposedly better for 3D fighters (Tekken players swear by it). Sadly, both would require shipping from Korea.

Back