Bojack learns a lesson!

He lost two stances.

Which ones? I thought all he ever had before were the helicopter and sit down stance and IIRC he wasn't doing so much teleport stuff back in 2 and 3. Now he still has all that plus the new stilt stance.

Intimidation? I'm not familiar with that one. Meditation being the one where he beat off with his sword and got all his life back right? I thought Meditation was what they called the sit down stance and from there he could beat off or attempt something else.

Ok, did some Yoshimitsu crash coursing and realized he's lost quite a few moves too............. so uhhhhhh, good thing I named this thread I learn a lesson.

Indian stance often gets confused with Meditation (I'm guilty of this myself). I think now that Meditation was replaced with just backturned people started mingling the two terms.

Intimidation was a stance that had 3 moves and functioned somewhat like ZWEI's Knife Fiend. It was mostly for combos.

TIL that the circle that represents your super gauge is not drawn to scale and that when you have juuuuust enough meter to do a BE it only looks like 25% full. Stupid Namco making me make myself look dumb.

Heh just hope you don't get called out on it next time

Nah, it's fine. I don't like being inaccurate. I guess my thinking that a BE was 1/4 bar and a GI 1/2 bar (I have NO idea where I picked it up) is why I've had soooo many problem with meter management in battle. It's also better that I get corrected quickly when I'm making rookie mistakes despite playing like 150 hours of Calibur V. I don't have too much pride to admit when I made hella goof.

Ford decided to integrate the exterior door handle, door latch assembly, and window regulator on Ford Edges making them a total bitch to repair. A sincere get fucked to Ford engineers.

Also, Mitsu 2KB BE will RO. Did not know that. So against Mitsu when your backs to the edge you need to step and pray, and I guess break A for when you get thri-zo-ed.

Also, also , some people managed to fudge their way into being really good experienced player and have next to ZERO hours or matches or ranking on their account. Sorry, but no one breaks mixed up throws 65%+ of the time, jg/gi, follow through on freak combos, block unreadable lows etc. after 35 total matches and 45 minutes of Live time. So be wary that even a no name D2 ranker can sometimes rock your shit.

You could play offline first and then go online. You get good at the game, just not when the ranking is recording.
Another derp moment, I assume.

About Yoshi, in SC2 the healing stance -was- called Meditation.

You could play offline first and then go online. You get good at the game, just not when the ranking is recording.
Another derp moment, I assume.

About Yoshi, in SC2 the healing stance -was- called Meditation.

I understand people can practice offline etc. It still doesn't really change the warning I was making against underestimating some one based on a Live rank. Same thing for over estimating an A1 ranker as well. I've fought some really scrubby A rankers and some real ball busting D rankers. I don't think I'd call it a derp moment.

I understand people can practice offline etc. It still doesn't really change the warning I was making against underestimating some one based on a Live rank. Same thing for over estimating an A1 ranker as well. I've fought some really scrubby A rankers and some real ball busting D rankers. I don't think I'd call it a derp moment.
So my interpretations of others' words is always wrong, and others' interpretations of my words is always pessimistic?

So my interpretations of others' words is always wrong, and others' interpretations of my words is always pessimistic?

No, not really. I wasn't intentionally implying either. Sorry for the mistake.

Also, today I learned that maybe I should consider doing run up 33K just for the knock down effect and seeing if I can use it for tech trap style stuff. Maybe people will consider expecting the B to follow or something. An idea I came up with wathcing Opa Zana style.

Today I learned the hard way that I cannot watch SE B on reaction and do a 3B BB BE and expect it to work, the BB BE will fail because the afformentioned string doesn't combo. I also learned that it is possible to get interrupted by the opp during their wake after 33KB BE 6BB SE B although I may have delayed too long to try for the SE B.

And 66K got some range on it. Gonna start trying to RO with the opp back to ringside more often. Especially at range.

Can you give us any pointers in this thread? http://8wayrun.com/threads/scii-hd-online-raphael-q-a.16586/#post-630721

Your gamefaq article was probably the first lengthy one i've ever read. http://www.gamefaqs.com/gamecube/533008-soulcalibur-ii/faqs/19911

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You brought up the bane of my old existence! Arrrgh, well it needs a huge update but I can go at least do a quick list of updates.

My old guide was based on like, Ver A Raph and it's soooooooooo bad. I caution against reading it until I've updated it.

In Super Metroid if Draygon grabs you after you get the green slime on you............ you can mash out of it before he stings the shit outta you. The lesson for the day.

Ok, so finally going to play to beat myself into some shape for CEO this year. Long story short, I think 4K is a VERY underrated move (maybe it's not but I never hear nobody talkin' bout it.). It's like to become my panic move. In fact, 3 and 4K should perhaps be used in most places one would use a 3A? Discuss guys!

4K is becoming a GREAT panic button. It is H so be wary. I feel it has much better coverage than 3A, although this may be a bit premature but I've been getting some great mileage out of it, ESPECIALLY against people who love to hit buttons.

Also, Lizardman is a punk ass bitch, also, I need a LOT of work on avoiding guard breaks (especially against Lizardman).

I like 4K. It's a fast i14 horizontal. 3A I think is step-able to one side, while 4K I think is unstepable, and it has just a tiny wincy bit more range than 3A.

3A is still a better move overall because it's mid and wallsplats.

I've recently come to love A+B B and 8A+B. If you catch them stepping and get the CH, A+B B does some pretty nice damage as a matter of fact, something I never noticed before because I was only using it for OTG combo's. A+B takes a slight step backward too, is only i18, and the follow up B is only -12.

8A+B I think is another underrated move, simply because it's a safe i18 step killer that goes to mid, and has AGI built into it (although TBH the AGI of this move is pretty shitty, it's still something to consider).

All things considered, I think Raphael really only has handful of moves that should be avoided like the plague. Almost all of his moves serve a purpose, and this is why I main him. It's not that Raphael is weak per se, it's that most characters have a few unbalanced moves, where Raphael basically has no outright dominating moves.

If I played this game for money, I would probably feel differently about him, but as it is, I'm technically a casual player who is semi-hardcore. Not to say he can't win tournaments, but your odds are less with him.

Thoughts?

Back