BOOOM Street Fighter V exclusive to PS4 & PC

I love how when Microsoft gets something exclusive, it's the worst thing to ever happen to gaming. But when Sony gets something exclusive, you don't hear a damn peep.

Gotta love them fanboys.
Not having to buy an XBone is always good news. Come on now.

That aside, Sony actually payed to have this game MADE. Capcom couldn't have funded it themselves. This isn't like Tomb Raider where it was multiplatform then suddenly not.

Also, this is confirmed to have cross platform play between PS4 and PC. No player wasteland on Steam this time.

I'll be honest, after all they did with the SFIV I don't want to have anything to do with this series any more, I don't want another game that is one icomplete versión after another, I mean, even the Ultimate versión got new DLC, can't you have a fucking game in one single disc?

Same ignorant stuff said anytime SF get mentioned

You can buy entire Vanilla SF4 in a disc dude, it was worth his 60 euros

And for who chosen "fuck yes" the price of the updates was far from unfair, if you watch how much stuff they added

Whatever happen after, update or not is your choice

I wish namco given me the same option of choice with SCV, but they did'nt. Only a middle finger and ridicolous shit in da face SC Lost "cuz lose hurt feelingz" Swords, lol

Let's be real all the whinings about SF4 updates born from the same start: ignorance

Last edited:
USF4 on PS4 summer 2015

I was hoping sooner, whatever, that day i can finally sell my PS3*

*maybe, Zestiria will still be only-ps3 :(

SFV gameplay trailer

give_it_to_me.gif

I love how when Microsoft gets something exclusive, it's the worst thing to ever happen to gaming. But when Sony gets something exclusive, you don't hear a damn peep.

Gotta love them fanboys.
You do get it that...it is not really an Exclusive, there are two versions, PS4 and PC, same way how SC V is PS3 XBOX360.

First fighter for PS4, no?

I wonder when Namco will make a move.

First fighter for PS4, no?
Guilty Gear Xrd comes out soon. Also, Tekken 7 is probably coming out before this.
That aside, Sony actually payed to have this game MADE. Capcom couldn't have funded it themselves. This isn't like Tomb Raider where it was multiplatform then suddenly not.
So it's like Nintendo and Bayonetta? Interesting. I knew Capcom was doing poorly, but I didn't know its was that bad.
SFV gameplay trailer
So sexy. Sad to see parries missing though.

I wonder if they're finally going to continue Third Strike's route and give us a fresh cast or if it'll be SFIV all over again.

Last edited:
I wonder if they're finally going to continue Third Strike's route and give us a fresh cast or if it'll be SFIV all over again.

I hope half and half

I hated lose so many SF icons in 3, i wished to see more new faces in 4

Sony actually payed to have this game MADE. Capcom couldn't have funded it themselves. This isn't like Tomb Raider where it was multiplatform then suddenly not.

Also, this is confirmed to have cross platform play between PS4 and PC. No player wasteland on Steam this time.

So it's like Nintendo and Bayonetta? Interesting. I knew Capcom was doing poorly, but I didn't know its was that bad.
Capcom would have SFV in 2018 if they didn't turn to Sony for help.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-street-fighter-v-until-2018-capcom-producer/1100-6412556/
http://www.twitch.tv/playstation/v/3589809
Go to the 01:44:00 minute mark and Yoshinori Ono says that Capcom reached out to Sony for SFV.

http://gameidealist.com/news/capcom...lusive-partnership-box-art-now-available-293/

SFV was planning to be on the PS4 as the lead platform since last year.

SFV may have 3S mechanics.
http://shoryuken.com/2014/12/05/street-fighter-v-may-take-place-after-street-fighter-iii/

Okay, so I'm going to be a little mean here...

But shut up about next-gen exclusives.

There's other games that are exclusive to the PS4. You know Final Fantasy 11? You know that game that had shared servers and play on PS2, Xbox, and PC? Its successor FF14 is PS3/PS4 and PC exclusive. Do you know why? It's because Microsoft wants exclusive control on the servers.

It's the same reason why no one makes games for Wii/Wii U, despite the larger install base of the former; because of exclusionary practices like isolated servers, paid exclusives, funding and more.

For companies like Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft, getting exclusives is lifeblood for the system. Nintendo was on top of the world when it had exclusives like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and more; and what happened when they didn't?

As mentioned above, Sony is paying for the development of the game they can stipulate where their money goes when that contract is signed and they can certainly pay Capcom not to release this game on Microsoft's system. Sony probably doesn't care that it comes to PC because of the smaller market there, or because their own PCs benefit too (remember that Sony also makes tablets, PCs, and laptops.)

And besides, this is Street Fighter 5. Not Street Fighter 5: Championship Edition, not Super Street Fighter 5, not Super Street Fighter 5 Turbo, not Ultra Super Street Fighter 5 Turbo and definitely not Ultimate Megaplex Street Fighter 5 4K 3D mega-resolution Championship Edition with Turbo. There's plenty of chances for Microsoft to jump in and pay for the next edition to be exclusive to their system when it comes out.

So just wait six to ten months after the PS4 edition, by then they'll announce the next edition. If they don't? Well it'll be 20 bucks then so it'll dirt cheap then.

Hey Windstar, thank you for stating the obvious! I appreciate you and your diligence in the matter at hand!
by all means continue stating the obvious that would otherwise appear to be common knowledge to most of us in the thread and thus actually irrelevant, ergo redundant. But hey. Sometimes, things need to be said. and you sir. get a thumbs up and an official stamp of approval
approved-stamp-11001227.jpg

from me.

cheers!

Clearly.

Now don't start those silly comments again or I'll have to get redundant on those shiny posteriors again.

And blah blah blah to you too.

7c0N4ki.gif

And besides, this is Street Fighter 5. Not Street Fighter 5: Championship Edition, not Super Street Fighter 5, not Super Street Fighter 5 Turbo, not Ultra Super Street Fighter 5 Turbo and definitely not Ultimate Megaplex Street Fighter 5 4K 3D mega-resolution Championship Edition with Turbo. There's plenty of chances for Microsoft to jump in and pay for the next edition to be exclusive to their system when it comes out.
There's little chance of any updates becoming exclusive since they're likely to follow the same upgrade path as SSFIV where everything is a DLC add on to it.

Also, there'll be less incentive to put the updates on XBox One considering that it's highly likely that the PS4 will be the system of choice for tournaments. Will all their announcements (Xrd, SFV, Ultra SFIV on PS4), and the fact that not only are there PS3 sticks that work on PS4, but a driver exists for older PS3 sticks to work on PS4, it's a much more obvious upgrade path, especially since the XBOne's entry into the FGC isn't as big as it could be.

To anyone defending this:

I own both consoles by the way, but I would have preferred to have this on my preferred controller with achievements.

Back