Broken grab damage

K0rN_b4LL

[14] Master
Exactly how much damage does it do to the opponent when they break your grab? Is it universal or does it depend on what grab was used?

*If this belongs in another thread or something feel free to transfer it. I don't come in the tactics section too often so I'm not familiar with all that is around here.

Those are some good questions. Think that it is 10 damage regardless of the throw, but I'm not sure right now. Also, the advantage on the breaks should be measured, but that info probably is in this section.

I'll test sometime soon (hopefully), and edit answers into this post unless we are answered before I get to it.

It is a percentage of the total damage of a throw. Don't remember what percent but more damaging throws have more damaging breaks. Look at natsu a throw break vs like ivy cs.

To break a throw, you must press the corresponding throw break (always A or B) within a set window. For normal throws, this window is 13 frames.
For command throws, this window is 9 frames.

Depending on how early the throw break is inputted, one of three things will happen.
  • The character being thrown will shrug the opponent's hands off them (fastest throw break). This puts the player who broke the throw at +3. This type of throw break can only occur on normal throws and will not happen when breaking a command throw or Brave Edge throw.
  • The character being thrown stumbles backwards but does not fall over. This puts the character who broke the throw at -3. For Algol, this throw break is replaced by an animation where he teleports backwards without using his throne.
  • The character falls over in an ukemiable knockdown. For Algol, this throw break is replaced by an animation where he teleports very far backwards in his throne. This puts Algol at -6.

Just quoted the whole bit so we don't have to go back and forth between pages.

Back