Can I kill you now...please?? Tira! :D SCV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, im not the only one who thinks that the movesets of GS and JS should be much more different then thay are in SC4.hmmm, should tira have her 4BB back, but have a lil more pushback on the second B? it was about -13 to -14 in SC3.

4BB was pretty good. Wouldnt mind it back. Even if she had better range she still needs frames that make sense. That is up to Namco I'm afraid.

Best way to improve Updraft anyone? I personally would LOVE to have a more pronounced control over the distance it covers.

If they're going to keep self-damage better have some schtick that justifies its existence. Early into SC4, I falsely suspected her self-damage added to the strength of her GS BK auto-throw. So some sort of gimmick like that or else just get rid of it.

I'd like an updraft fakeout/cancel. I experimented with empty updrafts and that was a lot fun, and really useful as in my opinion Tira has a lot of trouble against long ranged characters, but after people get used to it it's garbage. Make it so that they have to commit to stuffing it on reaction or else Tira gets off scott-free and that if they try to beat it and you do do an attack then they get smacked. I think JS Tira has a really good spacing game against characters that rely on short to short-mid range action like Rock or Taki but is kind of not that great against longer range characters like Kilik and Mitsurugi. I think Gloomy is alright with stuff like 66K and 2A+B, but JS Tira would really benefit from better approach. Maybe make 4B+K, 66B, and/or 66AA better. I would love a buff for 66KK. It probably does too much damage to be too much safer, but maybe make it a bit faster and combo into 22B or something. Not so much a move that lets you spam your way inside, but a nice threat so they can't stand back and laugh at you all day.

she really needs some of her good moves from SC3

divided among GS/JS of course* new moves too​

would it be "right" if the 4A+B was a stance that had about a 16 frame agi window for verticals?

She had a lot of good moves in sc3 and they removed most of them. But i still like her :D What ı want is she must have a lot of moves, and she must not hurt herself when gloomy side because it is unfair. When Siegfried head butts three times, he won't get hurt like Tira!

:sc4tir1:

tirsc3art3-jpg.4354

Thie outfit at the middle of artwork was in SC3 and it was my favorite, it'll be great if thet return with it. I couldn't make it in character creation in SC4.The one on the right looks like SC4 player 1 costume.

this may be a really bad idea for tira

i may or may not want to see more BT moves. B+K or B+K B is quite nice and unique for her, and it can open up alot of mixups. I mean she seems pretty flexible but not all of her moves showcase that. not to mention that she uses a RING blade. moves like GS/JS 11K, updrafts and JS 8-wayrun K allow tira to get behind the opponent but its not worth it at times since her BT moves become predictable or unsafe. though i dont think i want as much BT moves as Voldo

so should there be more BT moves?
should there be current moves that when canceled lead to BT?
should there be a BT stance
more moves that lead to BT? (determined by side)

A BT stance should remain Voldo's thing imo but I wouldn't mind more moves ending in BT. What I would really love to see are early TC frames on BT B+K.

To end up in BT don't forget that you can jump over the opponent. And you can stand up into BT if you are facing away from your opponent when pressing 4_6G once and surprise him with BT B+K.

What I would really love to see are early TC frames on BT B+K
YES!

i honestly would be happy if there were other inputs after BT B+K (K or A or 2A) just like there is for JS 44A...
but i guess people are more fixated in having a more of a SC3 tira for SC5

im not sharp enough to jump over players since im to busy blocking. i rarely stand up at BT but i should.

I agree with what other people said. More safe moves and a more consistent way to change moods. Give Jolly a purpose.

I think the best thing Namco could do with Tira is to do away with Moods entirely, and give her back most of the moves she had in SCIII, along with keepin' a lot of her GS moves [especially some of her JF moves]. That would make the perfect Tira. In SCIV, she was cool, and the mood swings were interestin', but her SCIII iteration is SO much better. I don't know what happen between the transition between the games, but she lost A LOT of her good moves, and stances. Plus, her movements felt stiff and awkward in SCIV...I just want her to go back to her SCIII glory dayz.

If this doesn't happen, I wish she would at least get an easier, more guaranteed way to switch between her moods; less scalin' on her GS combos because if she does a combo that's too long, she'll end up doin' almost as much damage to herself as she does to her opponent; and make her JS less reliant on walls to do combos.

Tira is weak in SC4. And "imo" its very unfair to hurt herself in gloomy mode while Sigfried doesn't hurt himself with 4BBB.

Why are people saying get rid of Tira's mood swings?

It's not as if the concept is bad. It isn't, it just needs refining. Arc System Works got it right with A.B.A. in Guilty Gear, self-damaging and all. Namco just needs to take a few tips out of their book.

Basically, make Tira's Gloomy side not suck and make her gameplan to enter Gloomy and wreck shit up.

actually her moods swings were very important to connect the plots of SC3 to SC4 for her individual story. It also symbolizes that she is a much more darker char in SC4 than SC3 which would probably make her a good example on the corruption that soul edge can do to the wielder and the people around it. Her moods swings also make her a very special char that has almost two different styles of play kinda like ivy.

Anyways after testing multiple animations think that a cool move for tira is when she is doing while running K in JS but instead of doing the slide on her knees ,she does a slide to get closer to the opponent and spins her weapon in a horizontal way above her head while in the nuetral stance of the slide hitting mid, mid, mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back