Can't install latest patch.

Erikdayo

[08] Mercenary
New forum member here. Hope this isn't int he wrong area. Please move it, if so.

I have a PSN digital download of Soulcalibur V, and it won't let me update to the newest version which I think is 1.03. I am stuck on 1.00. Can anyone confirm that their disk version can be updated w/ no issues? Or that their digital copy patches with no issues? If it is already updated please un-install the update first.

Haven't seen this issue with any other game. Looks like I may need to contact Sony for a refund. Just trying to confirm whether a physical disk copy will have the same issue. I had downloaded a little costume DLC, but it won't even work on 1.00. Pretty frustrating. Plus I would like the latest balance update regardless of whether costumes work.

For whatever reason I am still able to play matches online.

What happens if you try redownloading the game?
Still stuck at 1.00. I tried that earlier tonight. Should have included that in the post. I tried deleting all Soulcalibur V related data and re-installing. No luck. Figuring a disk copy may fix this issue, but it'd be nice to have confirmation first.

Thanks. I've seen some suggestions like the ones here. None seem to work in this game. The problem is that the game isn't even detecting that there is a patch available. Day 1 patches for Diablo 3 and Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate worked perfectly fine yesterday.

Just started up my digital copy of Tekken Tag 2 for the first time, and it recognizes the 1.01 patch needing to be installed. Not my first time playing. Just usually play at a friend's.

To be honest, I've had Soulcalibur V for a couple months now and didn't even notice that it wasn't recognizing available patches until yesterday when I tried getting some costume DLC. Without a patch I can't even see the Cepheus store in game so all DLC is unusable.

I understand that people might not want to run the risk of not being able to play on the latest patch, but if anyone could un-install the latest patch, boot the game, and see if it installs the patch that would be very helpful. Would also be good to note whether the copy you have is digital or physical. Thanks.

As an update, it looks like Namco may be sending me a retail copy free of charge.

May also be looking at a copy of Tekken Tag Tournament 2. My digital copy of TTT2 only updates to 1.01 instead of 1.04. But sometimes those numbers differ between retail and digital releases. So I need to confirm whether or not my digital copy has all the free DLC that the 1.04 retail version has. If not, may be getting a free copy of that too. We'll see. Gotta check on that tonight after work.

Isn't it better like that though? No stupid Viola damage and Leixia doesn't suck. :P

Seriously though, this sucks. How did you get them to send you a physical copy?

Back