Car Speakers

K0rN_b4LL

[14] Master
I got a 2005 Civic recently and wanted to swap the speakers in it with the Alpine speakers I had put in my old 93 Civic that I'm getting rid of. I think the front speakers are probably pretty straight forward but how do you get to the rear speakers? From what I've heard you pretty much have to remove the rear seat to get to them. Anyone know any guides or videos that tell you how to do these with the cars from those years?

Just thought of this. Will the speakers from a '93 (even if they are aftermarket) still fit in the '05 and vice-versa?

As a direct bolt in type thing...it might but i kinda doubt it. I would reckon they are different sizes and wont mount up without a few small modifications.

Try calling your local stereo shop. They would prolly know off the top of their head. If they dont fit they prolly sell a cheap set of brackets to get them to fit.

Well I may need them to do it anyways. Or just find someone cuz the 93 car hasn't run since fall and doesn't have tags so I can't take it to them. I tried to get the door panels off the 93 but couldn't figure it out. The video I watched (/watch?v=aov7wFACNAc) turned out to be for the base model with manual locks and windows and mine has power everything and the parts didn't wanna come off the same way.

Mine-
IMG_20140616_150818.jpg

I dunno what I'm gonna do now.

Back