CAS Challenge, BROQUEST

@Gatsu: Actually, the vixen's my favorite. Tasteful use of colors and patterns. Feminine details like the raccoon tail and feathers. I imagine she required the most balancing and planning. As the others have said, cool beard and grungy zombie.

@DK: Sideburns ftw. The Amazon is an imposing figure indeed. Cogsworth is somehow...adorable. The bro needs a hug. Looks like a Zaku from the Gundam series.

@Furako: Sexy time mage. Cool work with the halos. The ranger's got personality, even with the default colors. If only SCV had ponchos. The paladin...is a paladin. Bros are bros after all. I mean, my bros are simple as fuck, so NeclordX either loves me or hates you. Since I've done nothing to warrant his affection, I'm guessing the latter.

@Gatsu: Actually, the vixen's my favorite. Tasteful use of colors and patterns. Feminine details like the raccoon tail and feathers. I imagine she required the most balancing and planning. As the others have said, cool beard and grungy zombie.
Thanks dude!
Nah, on reality she's born without a precise idea or design, to be honest the difficulty was for me more avoid teh "must not" than actually "what do" :D
-must not be herp derp black dressed white hairs wannabe cool predictable bs
-must not be uber predicable 90% naked 10% leather dressed Ivy style (not that i don't like it,but i got Ivy for this)
-must not "insert here classic bs"
The design gone without precise target, easy to do (but weak imho),just working with the eye

Again,the pain one was dat badass uncle, before get hit by the capcomesque idea of dat moustaches he just don't work, because he was keeping that "generic west rpg mercenary" meh factor that did'nt fit in SC :D

When you have some time come to teh Temple,i want your opinion on last updates :D

ps:and more important, want dat 4th Brucege contest!

I'm glad the sideburns attracted notice. To be honest, I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to get them just right. I guess it was worth the effort after all.

As planned (Not a Patroklos reference, by the way.) here are my entries.
SOULCALIBUR2164_8_zps078c8f99.png

Birthplace: Unknown
Birthdate: August 23, 1593
Blood Type: A+
Weapon: Clawed Mittens
Weapon Name: Kawaii and Chimei
Discipline: Boso Tsume (Runaway Claws)

SOULCALIBUR2164_6_zpse24d01a7.png

This didn't really take long at all. I knew exactly what I wanted her to look like in my head from the time I saw this challenge. I was mainly inspired by this picture I found on the Internet by deviantART's MHScreamQueen. The rest I knew what I was going for.
SOULCALIBUR2164_7_zps8298f3c6.png

Notes:
- I wanted to steer away from the usual Voldo Cat Claws weapon (Well, not exactly. I don't have joke weapons yet...), so I used two Mohawk Helmet Ornaments to add claws to the kitty mittens.
- Viola's style's sound efects sound like metal swinging, so it was a natural choice to match her cat claws.
- The cherry blossom tree stickers on her dress and boots (Hard to see from the pics I've supplied) represent how young she is and that she still has time to grow and improve.
- Oriental Patterns were used on most of her clothing. Even the capris have a subtle swiling pattern.
- Would've used face 3, but face 2 seemed to look younger.

SOULCALIBUR2164_9_zpsa9805a40.png

Birthplace: Poland
Birthdate: October 17, 1592
Blood Type: AB-
Weapon: Hidden Sword
Weapon Name: Magicae Glacies
Discipline: Mysticum Baculum

SOULCALIBUR2164_11_zpsfbf1ad33.png

Gideon's idea started as an older cleric disguised as a magician, but ended as a young cleric-in-training with a big heart and a knack for alchemy. He was inspired by the colors of Soul Calibur.
SOULCALIBUR2164_10_zps6aa04905.png

Notes:
- First time using the Wonder Coat! Whoooo! It actually suits him pretty well.
- The bottle thing (It's name escapes me at the moment) was used to resemble some sort of potion/concuction/whatever-you-want-to-call-it.
- The makeup with freckles was used to make him look younger.
- Alpha Patroklos with Soul Calibur sorta' looks like an ice staff of some sort.

SOULCALIBUR2164_13_zps316c1b19.png

Birthplace: Unknown
Birthdate: February 20, 1560
Blood Type: 0-
Weapon: Stone Hammer
Weapon Name: Palu Kematian
Discipline: Amazonian Hunting
SOULCALIBUR2164_14_zpsa91145cd.png

To be honest with you, Prevront was the hardest of these three to make. She had to be manly, yet still a woman. Blood stained and scarred from her hunting sessions, she is one tough woman. I'd be a bit scared if I saw her in an alleyway.
SOULCALIBUR2164_12_zps2b5aa90f.png

Notes:
- I forget which motif, but a motif was used to make blood stains on her and her clothes.
- Ethnic patterns were used to simulate animal skin as her clothes, as if they were made from leftovers of hunts.
- Size 5 and Muscle Tone 4 create a real Amazon-is feel to her. (She's the largest character I have)
- Astaroth's style has a manly feel to it... Perfect for Prevront!
- Succubus Boots give the outfit a feminine touch to the outfit while still being defensive.
- Snake Collar was used as if she has a deceased snake around her neck to warn others not to mess with her.

Thanks for taking the time to read through these! I'll probably set up a personal CaS page later today.

Glad to see so much action in this old challenge.

@TheHatter: You really have something special going on, and your notes are also very informative. You should definitely get started on that personal exhibit.

1. Koneko - A simple yet effective design. The pink/green combo is bright and cheerful, perfect for the catgirl. My only complaint is that the upper chest region seems a bit plain compared to the rest of the design. Perhaps shifting the blossom a little upwards would help. A long necklace or scarf is another possibility.

2. Gideon - Well, he certainly does look the part. You did a good job breaking up the monochrome with clothing layers and subtle patterns.

3. Prevront - Her design has a strong unified theme, the hallmark of good character design. You also brought out the asymmetry using the archery breastplate and the shoulder guard. The down-turned horns were also quite fashionable. My favorite creation of yours by far.

@Quinion: Excellent work as usual, and it's great to see more of your originals.

1. Amazon - I really like the elaborate helmet and the feathered skirt. The leaves also add a touch of nature to the design. Still too much detail for my tastes, but I'm sure you know how OCD I am with that by now.

2. Rusty - Monochrome done right! Your sticker work gives him a spectral, wispy appearance. The petrified organs were also a cool touch. Finall, I like how the visor's cartoony look evokes my fond memories of old-school RPGs.

3. Dick-Ass Thief - Another simple yet effective design. Something about that wiry frame, receding hairline, and suspicious stare really captures that "dick-ass" part. I can't really put my finger on why, but I really, really like this one.

Im totally doing this later, looks fun!
Much fun,... ideas for how to get some donations to the Breast Cancer Research for victims so we can have SC5 at EVO2013? ... : Hence also may be an even higher motivator for PS to make a SC6.?
On MY end, EVO or NOT, I WILL push the SC community AND the development team for a new enstallment to the game.

I don't really get what BroQuest's about. Is it like DnD? Tried that once and for only once. Anyways, I hope I'm doing this right.

Here's Trevor, my closest bro. He's a meat-head from Jersey with a heart of gold. Too bad I can't give CaS's duck lips.
View attachment 13399
Trevor: Yo bro, check out my new pose. Chicks dig s*** like this. I'm not gonna lie, with looks like this, even I'd do me. No homo.
Me: Uh yah...way homo.
View attachment 13398
Me: Trevor, that popped collar looks real douchey.
Trevor: Do I look like I give a f***?
View attachment 13397
Trevor: Goddamn, I look good. B****es gon' need tickets.
Me: Wtf. Tickets?
Trevor: You trippin', bro? To my gunshow, moron. Get with the program.
Me: Just kill that dragon already, you f**.
Trevor: Wtvr, dude. You just don't get the beauty of my male form.
Me: (decapitates dragon) I pray I never do.

Katerina, the cat girl, is the second addition to my party.
View attachment 13403
Katerina: Master, Master! Does this scarf make me look fat?
Me: Absolutely. Now would you lead us out of this goddamn forest?
View attachment 13402
Katerina: Master! Aren't I cute? Master! Do you love me yet?
Me: How do you expect me to read this goddamn map with you yelling in my ear?
View attachment 13404
Trevor: (drools while ogling Katerina's furry hindquarters)
Me: ...that's f***ed up bro.
Trevor: I'm just sayin'...
View attachment 13401
Pallet swap for the black panther look. I couldn't decide which version to upload, so I settled for both.

Third member of the party is the realigned black mage, Hecate.
View attachment 13409
Me: So what do you see in that crystal ball?
Hecate: I see...you and me...in a tent. Oh my...how very bold of you...mmm...I like a man with initiative.
Me: Huh? What? Oh...uh...yeah, I do too. I mean...uh...I...got maps to read. Planning and stuff...you know...
(runs off to tent, tripping on several branches and rocks)
Hecate: (lol wuss)
Trevor: You know...
Hecate: Shove it.
Trevor: But...my pecs...
Hecate: (walks away disdainfully)
View attachment 13408
Trevor: B**** couldn't keep her hands off me. Don't blame her though. Neither could I.
Me: (tosses maps in trash) Uh huh...

View attachment 13410
As our journey continues, she eventually falls for Trevor, whose genuine kindness and courage only become apparent with time. He perishes, diving in front of a fatal magic spell aimed for her. Staggering to her feet with tears streaming from her eyes, she brandishes her weapon and delivers the final blow to the uber 1337 demon lord. We all lived happily ever after, except for Trevor and Hecate of course.

Not trolling and I sincerely do not intend to double post, AGAIN, ... but My three characters for SCV creation would be Rock, Talim and Cassandra --( With the exact moveset as featured on SC4)

@Brucege...thnaks as always. Amazon came together fast, faster than most and with only a little tinkering; Rusty made me feel a little guilty, seeing how this thread was started waaaay before the skeleton dlc and kinda felt like cheating; the dick sort of ambled along with no real character, unitl I realized the hair was the missing piece...add the eyebrows, instant dick.
this is what keeps me trying with CAS; one thing changes and the character takes on a life of its own

@Brucege...thnaks as always. Amazon came together fast, faster than most and with only a little tinkering; Rusty made me feel a little guilty, seeing how this thread was started waaaay before the skeleton dlc and kinda felt like cheating; the dick sort of ambled along with no real character, unitl I realized the hair was the missing piece...add the eyebrows, instant dick.
this is what keeps me trying with CAS; one thing changes and the character takes on a life of its own
Truer words have never been said.

@Brucege : Why, thank you! Prevront was rather hard to make, and I'm happy you like her. I'll definitely be getting that personal exhibit up soon! Again, thanks!

Well, I did this challenge back on the day, but since I lost the characters, the thread was resurrected and I'm bored until they release Skyrim DLC tomorrow...

Androgynous Cleric Kid

broquestnew5_zps938e9d8b.jpg

broquestnew6_zps337cdf3e.jpg

Rejected version for looking too plain

broquestnew1_zpsc19e5b67.jpg

Dwarf mechanic, expert on biochemic weapons...it's hard to make a dawrf looking character in this game without giving +20 to everything. In fact, doesn't matter which heigh you pick, all them look identical unless you put him to fight against a character with a substantial heigh difference.

broquestnew2_zps6705cc0a.jpg

broquestnew3_zpsd292ad1f.jpg

broquestnew4_zps9847d1a0.jpg

Thick ass assassin, kind of lost inspiration (and interest) here. Plain and too similar to the original one but...looks OK I think.

broquestnew7_zps6ff0d881.jpg

broquestnew8_zps27d10c29.jpg

broquestnew9_zps2de60ffa.jpg

The BroQuest Challenge is back online! I don't plan on turning this into a competition since it takes so much time to crank out 3 originals. Just post whenever you guys feel like it. I'll be cranking out some RPG tropes over the next couple days.

Nah. Any RPG trope is fine. I'm also making something not quite in the chart. Goddamn I seriously need summa dat white/black knight set for this.

Trickster Magician: Really cool. Them bat wings merge wonderfully with the cape for a very ragged, shady kinda look. Great use of layering on the pectorals and pants. Love the detailing on the gloves too. Like a full-grown, badass Jawa wit magic powah. Whole thing looks great and super in-character.

Lesbo Pally: I don't really like the helmeted version much. The mouth visor's pretty natural-looking, but the centurion plume just doesn't blend well with the helmet. I like the cool mini-shield/buckler though. Cool variation on the whip weapon style. Fitting for a dominatrix/lesbo/law enforcement archetype too. Cool bordering on the waist-cloth. I really liked the helmet-less version though. The hair's both classy and functional, so perfectly in-character. I can't quite see how you made it though. The hair extensions look like butterfly antennae, but I can't tell what the front bangs are made of. And is that a mole on her chin? How did you make that?

Mook Soldier: Great work on this one too. Another awesome use of the bat wings. You've really inspired me to experiment a bit more with those bat wings. Clever use of the stickers on the shoulders to emulate armor too. Overall, a very NPC kinda look from the shaded eyes and mouth. Love the light/mixed armor build. Great use of those greaves/boots. Almost like the country skimped on the footwear since it couldn't afford to issue their troops full armor. Very Immortals-like (from 300). Or almost like an Asian-styled Conquistador.

Overall, these are some very fresh, quirky creations. Another smash hit.

Back