CaS Review Thread

hohoho Pas, this is just assembled pattern + stickers, 2 for the chest portion, one for the arms, duplicated by the editor itself.
nothing fancy here, except it is cleverly done and looks good.
Accusing Wandrian of photoshopping his stuff lol ! Sir, no, sir (*wink*)

hohoho Pas, this is just assembled pattern + stickers, 2 for the chest portion, one for the arms, duplicated by the editor itself.
nothing fancy here, except it is cleverly done and looks good.
Accusing Wandrian of photoshopping his stuff lol ! Sir, no, sir (*wink*)
If it's just stickers on a pattern, then why do the red, stickered portions look checker-patterned? Last I checked, stickers can't be patterned, only assigned a flat color from the pallet.

Also, I'm simply confused about how the design was achieved on a technical level, so I asked a question. I wasn't necessarily trying to call anyone out.

Before I comment further, I have a question. Am I seeing two patterns on the dress? As far as I know, that's impossible. Aside from the see-through portions, the red portions look like they're actually checker-patterned. Is that what's actually going on, here, or is there some post-game capture editing going on? Maybe it's just the picture quality?

It looks checkered because of the capture card or my console, not sure which. That was the first set of screenshots I've taken from my new 360 and I still have the same old crappy capture card. It doesn't look checkered in-game, but until I get a new capture card(or preferably: a PS3!) there's a decent chance any more screenshots I make will look like that D: I also couldn't get the pattern I placed on the boots to really be visible, I tried both tweaking the custom pattern and the default pattern in my custom purple, but it wouldn't show up either way.

The shape of the dress took three stickers by itself, one for the primary curved shape, another to make the lower parts solid color, and an additional one to make the other two fit together smoothly. This has it's share of downsides though. Of course there's how it limits what I can do with the other items(hence not showing the broken version of the outfit and the gloves only took one sticker), there's also the unpleasant fact that pretty much none of the stickers on the dress reach under the neckwrap.

Pretty sure I see where you're coming from, though. S'allgood.

@Chobek: Excellent review, and thanks for the save!
@Wandrian: She's beautiful, but I'm just gonna give others the chance to do the review before I swoop in.

I could never make the dazzling red dress I've always wanted to do without editing actual 3D models, so instead I aimed for something a little bit different.

View attachment 31462View attachment 31461View attachment 31455View attachment 31456View attachment 31457View attachment 31458View attachment 31459View attachment 31460

Wanted to add a bit of eye-catchingness with a bit of asymetrical see-through sections and make anyone that sees the character wonder if what's underneath is even more scandalous(one of few characters I've made that are boring when broken: just plain black undies). I can't even say how tempting it was to make this tasteless and have a nip slip instead of the flower covering there, it was so difficult to resist D:

EDIT: Oh man, my spelling and grammar was terrible. She uses Raphael style, BTW.

My first response to this was an appreciation of her sultry nature... that is one hell of a slinky dress, the colors are warm and inviting, the choice of sticker placement highlights her natural (digital) curves... I am left with the impression that the woman depicted is a sexually mature, self possessed female who uses her body itself for tactical advantage. Like the red plume on a spear, her curves will dazzle, and you won't see the blade.

also... this comes to mind- Naked Illusion

The Review-

Aesthetics: I think the sweep on the front of the dress accentuates the form well. The choice of placement on the main lace segment is a great framing device for what makes that specific dress appealing. The main sweep of the lace section takes your eye nicely from chest to hip in a very fluid way. I think the placement of that sweep is the strength of this creation.
I for one would have preferred to see the nip slip.( .... I don't worry too much about seeming tasteless ..... But...) I believe your design would benefit aesthetically from the removal of the flower wreath sticker. The sweep of it across the exposed breast is visually a bit clunky. Even if you ultimately decided that a nip slip is just too tacky I would go with a smaller sticker that covers only the tip of the breast. (like a pastie .... not tasteless alt all LOL) I think if you visually connect the nipple covering sticker to the edge of the non-lace portion of the dress you defeat the nice sweep you have set up. Also .... and this might just be me but there is a tease play running back and forth and weaving in and out on her. You feature exposed and revealed like light and dark - the covered eye on the same side that the breast is revealed ... the energy that is created by that little strip of flesh tempting you with potential exposure at the top of the tall boots just underneath the high slit of the dress...there is a push and a pull. It reminds me of the Ying/Yang symbol. Like the white dot floating in a sea of black, or vise-versa. It is a balance. I think having a smaller sticker surround by a sea of lace would work to highlight the area and create a nice balance...
I am getting a little too wrapped up in specifics ... so let me move on
I think the back is not as successful... the design doesn't do as much for the form.
but all and all I think she is elegant.

Creativity... you know I think I mashed everything together up there .... sorry to violate the form of the board like this but I am going to skimp on the last two areas and say ... the lace work was a clever and creative idea... and it seems like a coherent design... :)

I think she is beautiful... if this wasn't the review thread I would have said ... Cool and hit the like button.
I bet she is nice in game.
:)

soulcalibur-%E2%85%A4_13-png.31514
So, I was thinking why not.
The dress is meant to look unique and the silhouette, fishnet and long boots so the skin is not on show that much, the details are meant to give angelic look.

1. Aesthetics: For example, the blue (on gloves and ribbon) is all concentrated on the upper body. I recommend you re-establish balance by turning the boots entirely blue (and adding some bump-mapped stickers). This will establish a blue/white color scheme with gold highlights. Since the gold serves as emphasis to the design, I'd increase the color's saturation. The bulky shoulder wrap upsets the design's proportions, so I'd consider removing it. The fishnet pattern is functional, but I think some skin and garters would have more sex appeal.

2. Creativity: I don't recognize the pattern on the dress, but it's quite lovely. The halo bracelet on the left arm is also a nice touch.

3. Coherence: You've created an angel, but the monocle and shoulder pad don't really help express this idea. Angels are extremely minimalist by nature, so only keep what you absolutely need.

Your angel does have a sense of direction, but I suggest giving a twist to the somewhat sterile angel trope. Perhaps you could angle her towards the battle maiden or Valkyrie trope by giving her some heavy armor or feathers. Whatever you choose to do, feel free to post any revisions you make here on this thread!

Good shit yo. I'll have a review for you by the end of the week. Just one quick question: why use a raccoon tail for the rear head tail when you can just merge another set of horns?

Uh, can you really perfectly merge the "Horns of Calamity" into just one ? They are the only ones who are large enough / have a suitable shape (I used them for the other tentacles/lekku).

But the rear tail is supposed to be larger/fatter then those, that's also a reason why I used the Raccoon Tail.

Btw, I made this custom just out of curiosity after I failed at making a good-looking Twi'lek custom. I thought that a Togruta would be pretty much impossible then. I think that the only reason why it works is that "maid's brim" headgear thingie.

Of course! Tilt the horns down, rotate them a bit, and adjust the "horizontal" parameter until they overlap. It may not be a perfect merge, but it'll still look pretty damn good. Oh, and I think your stripes are off (unless you did it intentionally).

soulcalibur-_2-png.33156

As you see is very Set's 2P, I wanted to look similar, but not so much, I challenged myself to add fishnet reference, but now I wonder if I should take it out, the glasses is to give yet more class.

(Also @brucege I would like to thank you for the past reviews, I am thinking in re-uploading then in my gallery, so keep posted.)

Last edited:
Kashka Miro, Togruta Jedi OC which I played in the Star Wars SAGA "Dawn of Defiance" campaign. I had to use the Raccoon Tail for the big central head tentacle, so it looks fuzzy. The right tentacle clips a bit through her shoulder in Leixa's stance, but that's unavoidable.

Cute as a button, some colors could be tuned down a bit, but my biggest gripe is, why not give her Alpha Pat style which suits the whole bad-ass jedi with saber stuff so much better than Leixia...that is the style i used on my asoka Tano / Dark Maul a long time ago... and it worked like a charm :P

The face / head build is good work !

Cute as a button, some colors could be tuned down a bit, but my biggest gripe is, why not give her Alpha Pat style which suits the whole bad-ass jedi with saber stuff so much better than Leixia...that is the style i used on my asoka Tano / Dark Maul a long time ago... and it worked like a charm :P

The face / head build is good work !

Thanks, but I never really got into Patsuka style and I'm quite bad with it. And because of the scabbards, I don't like Alpha Pat and Mitsurugi styles for Jedi. So that leaves Leixia, my least bad and one of my favorite styles.

I already made some minor changes to the design in the past weeks. I straightened the patterns on the tentacles and made minor adjustments to their position. Horns of Calamity instead of the Racoon Tail for the large central tentacle.

I also subdued the colours of the skirt-sash sticker a bit and increased the contrast of the pattern on the pants by one click.
Kashka-C_zpse409ce07.jpg

Last edited:
Back