CaS Review Thread

*Shadow human snip*

He's got a good base, but there are things I'd change if it were me. First, tone down red and black. They're hogging up the whole thing.

I understand that's his dominant 2 color scheme, but add more. If he has a bit of Gold on him, I'd suggest going over and putting gold on metal parts of him. Don't saturate everything too high, you want everything to stand out. You nailed the white gloves and shoes, but try changing a few other things like that vest to white. Or some parts of the pants can be white.

Three color scheme is key, but if you do 2 color scheme try to add some dull stuff to keep your outfit from being too "matchy match". In general, the design is fine. For now, you should try adding some more colors like dull brown, gold, and white.

I would say more, but for now I'll give you a small push and see if you like my suggestions. Thanks for posting.

Thank you Koko, i edited him a little and I'll post him later.
Made a new original last night and forgot to post it here. Anyon want to take a look?
8D6E8FB2-1CA8-40D9-B09F-8311106E8096-31760-00003DE5ADCFD999_zps8043a5be.jpg
8DF16D8D-26CC-48C8-B774-C5B28DD3B233-31760-00003DE5B3D75AE2_zpsb87e7e8d.jpg
8D5D5836-FD5B-4843-AEFB-249D802BEE4F-31760-00003DE5B925ADE6_zps9dbf38e0.jpg
4E9DC49D-72A3-4390-89C3-F98CEFAC2B09-31760-00003DE5BF4457EE_zps090c1c16.jpg
9009D569-DEF2-4D02-B3F5-608233D66D96-31760-00003DE5A90DFC20_zpsaf787357.jpg

Looks pretty good, aside from the herp-derp wolf sticker. The jacket is very well built, and the large blue weapon breaks the monotony of the color scheme.

What color is the sword's trail?

Donutman's cute lass named Farris....

She's cute and the equipment isn't bad atm, but black is a bit too dominant. Sometimes you gotta play a bit more with colors you're not accustomed to.

Trust me, dull colors and neutral colors like olive, brown, tan, dull purple, grey and things of that nature help bring out more flavor out of bad ass black. I can see her as a cute lone wolf, yet she looks cute and spunky.

The first thing you may want to do is think of her personality and find colors enhance her. So for now, try to copy JPG anime characters color fashion. People like Squall and Yuffie is probably your best bet. Sure they wear black, but they have some other colors here and there. Mimic them to your best judgement.

Not to mention, I think by cookie cutting an idea using both how Squall and Yuffie are portrayed, it can help steer what you want Farris to be. More spunky and cute like Yuffie? Or will you be more of a badass lonewolf like Squall? Perhaps both if you want to push for something new, but maybe you'll have to tinker around with her equipment if that's the case.

Hope this helps.

Zasalamel
e4ak.png

Yun Soung
gxvh.png

Xianghua
y8fr.png

Valeria
miqe.png

Talim
ov76.png

Taki
sg4v.png

Strife
fhhs.png

Sophitia
tcj9.png

Shura
ac7v.png

Setsuka
npp1.png

Seong Mi-Na
rm56.png

Scheherazade
p1r6.png

Rock Adams
h2kw.png

Revenant
n3lv.png

Necrid
0hg4.png

Miser
qubf.png

Lynette
q08j.png

Luna
i535.png

Lloyd Irving
ai50.png

Li Long
eyx.png

Kratos
41s5.png

Kilik
c2do.png

Kamikirimusi
mk44.png

Hwang
w306.png

Hualin
z5rq.png

Heihachi
x5ou.png

Greed
b3kb.png

Girardot
4rcl.png

Frederick Schtauffen
gnjt.png

Demuth
8y3e.png

Chester
3isj.png

Charade
d0ps.png

Cassandra
8xqk.png

Bangoo Adams
uufm.png

Aurelia
a92m.png

Ashlotte
08ny.png

Arthur
q0mk.png

Arcturus (hijo de Algol)
zb85.png

Angol Fear
8lxh.png

Amy
oi77.png

Abelia
ioqu.png

Um... Blanket review: They look like who they're supposed to be ^^; Also, you kinda killed my browser XD
Hey, maybe the rules were unclear or I missed something but is the general public allowed to give reviews on this thread or just the appointed judges? :/

Oh, not bad at all! They could tone down the saturation on a few of them but I like the subtle ExEq use and... wait, why am I reviewing these again?

It's cool that Ezio's a guest in SC5, but if I were to pick a Ubisoft guest character, I would have someone else in mind...

View attachment 38086

Can someone review my Rayman recreation?
I had a lot of fun playing with it, but I heard it can be better.

my main design choices so far:
I felt like making Rayman even though the real Rayman doesn't have visible limbs. In place of that invisibility, I used purple sleeves and pants so that it won't look too different.
I used a thief mask for the eyes, which was my main method for making big cartoony eyes since SC3.
For the nose, I used a stretched apple that's pushed into his face.
I decided to use a normal hairstyle since it can possibly cover the rest of his head shape.
I like to use ZWEI's move set for him since it looks magical and plays similar to how Rayman charges and throws his fist like a boomerang.

Last edited:
Can someone review my Rayman recreation?
I had a lot of fun playing with it, but I heard it can be better.

my main design choices so far:
I felt like making Rayman even though the real Rayman doesn't have visible arms. In place of that invisibility, I used purple sleeves and pants so that it won't look too different.
I used a thief mask for the eyes, which is my main method for making big cartoony eyes since SC3.
For the nose, I used a stretched apple that's pushed into his face.
I decided to use a normal hairstyle since it can possibly cover the rest of his head shape.
I like to use ZWEI's move set for him since it looks magical and plays similar to how Rayman charges and throws his fist like a boomerang.
The two criteria for recreations are accuracy and aesthetics.

Accuracy: Not particularly high. The biggest reason is that Rayman's defining feature is his lack of limbs. However, since SCV simply doesn't provide the means to reproduce this, it's not really your fault. You still could've done the eyes better. At the bare minimum, make the whole eye black too (not just the iris). Another option is to recreate the eyes with either two apples or with several paired items using a spot pattern as @DarkNemeZis666 did for many of his creations. And finally, you probably should have used a "number 0" sticker instead of the spiral sticker for the white loop on Rayman's chest. On the other hand, you did do a good job elongating his nose with the apple, and the color scheme is spot on.

Aesthetics: Only the spiral on the chest breaks up the vast block of purple covering all but his extremities. Zero use of bump-mapping and texturing. I do like the vivid colors, but there isn't too much of anything else going on.

Suggestions for future work: If SCV just won't let you do what you want (like make invisible limbs), then work around it. Think of it as making it a "2P" or "3P" instead or an "inspired by" kinda thing. If you just can't make a character look cool, don't even try. Make it as silly, outlandish, or funny as you can. For example, check out the Mega Man alternate costume for Frank West from Dead Rising. Obviously, Mega Man, as an anime-style cyborg, would look completely out of place in the relatively realistic world of Dead Rising. So rather than trying hard to make him bad ass like this...

mega-man.jpg

...they do this.

Frankwest-mega-man.png

SHEER WIN.

As for Rayman, I would've just said "fuck it" and left him with a purple tank top and briefs, exposing the colossal, muscular arms and legs with thick-ass veins and bushels of wiry hair. The white gloves, red scarf, and yellow shoes stay, of course. Did that sound horrifying yet less-than-overtly suggestive? You bet.

Last edited:
It's complicated to make a good rayman, I saw your Rayman, I think there was just the head that can be improved, for the rest we can not do better, because its members are invisible. there just has to change the pattern on the chest with a 0. For style, I think Viola would get better, chose his cyclops ball and colors all in white to simulate his throwing punch.
I made you an example of his head if it can help you @Retrotator1
Rayman.jpg

Hannya Mask, ball and 2 angel's Feather, stikers : heart and 2 circle place by axis for the head and 4th stiker with yellow color for hide white horn ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the review brucege. I like your suggestions as far as what to try when it's too hard to make a character directly accurate.

@DarknemeZis
Great ideas for Rayman's design. Your creations are some of my most favorite I've seen. I like how you attempt almost any kind of character and you find many ways to add unusual detail.

That Rayman is exceptionally well done and equally as nightmare-inducing. And I mean that as a compliment.

yes, i agree this guy is seriously deranged and creative...
Normal, il est français ! :P
And compliment is a french word, did you know ?

Then again you get nightmares of about every slightly out of normality CAS out there, mon ami, it might be what we call the shop cellar syndrome, a job related illness of yours, haha !

Last edited:
I don't know if i am allowed to enter this thread, but since i barely do any new CAS and did not get that much feedback in my own thread, let me post this one here...

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof." V for Vilarcane

That's all Fawkes !

photo_1.jpg

photo_00.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_0.jpg

photo_avant_finish.jpg

photo_00000.jpg

photo_2-2.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_finish.jpg

I don't know if i am allowed to enter this thread, but since i barely do any new CAS and did not get that much feedback in my own thread, let me post this one here...

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof." V for Vilarcane

That's all Fawkes !

photo_1.jpg

photo_00.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_0.jpg

photo_avant_finish.jpg

photo_00000.jpg

photo_2-2.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_finish.jpg
HAHAHA damn you on fire with them puns. Review forthcoming.

Back