Cervantes Combo Discussion

Ok, is there a specific window in which you have to do the second/third iGDR in a combo? I'll input it correctly all the time according to the input display on the bottom of the screen in training (the 6 and the B are input on the same frame), but 99% of the time, I'll still get a regular GDR. Why?

Ok, is there a specific window in which you have to do the second/third iGDR in a combo? I'll input it correctly all the time according to the input display on the bottom of the screen in training (the 6 and the B are input on the same frame), but 99% of the time, I'll stio earlll get a regular GDR. Why?

To early...then you buffer GDR....

Somebody please tell me if I'm wrong:

Forced blocks:

iGDR, iGDR, 3B, Forced Block: 4B BE
3B, early iGDR, 3B Forced Block: 4B BE
3B, early iGDR, aB Forced Block 4B BE

also Yoshimitsu A+K beats BT B+K and Grab after 4B BE is blocked. You can do BT 2K or turn around and whiff punish with iGDR or 3B.

iGDR iGDR 3B 4B BE:

When you press BACK and guard during 3B hit as opponent, you can roll out of range. Then Cervy 4B BE will land exactly in front of opponent, punishable.

Rest is Force Block, yes. Please recheck first to see if you can recreate.

Also why would you do aB Slide? b2 is more damage, easier to do and also gives 4B BE Force Block. Please also check this one!

iGDR iGDR 3B 4B BE:

When you press BACK and guard during 3B hit as opponent, you can roll out of range. Then Cervy 4B BE will land exactly in front of opponent, punishable.

Rest is Force Block, yes. Please recheck first to see if you can recreate.

Also why would you do aB Slide? b2 is more damage, easier to do and also gives 4B BE Force Block. Please also check this one!

That is extremely disappointing. There must be SOME kind of forced block setup after double iGDR.

Didn't know about b2

EDIT: the 4B BE forced block after the B2 combo doesn't work on pyrrah, and im assuming other small characters. She can just normal get and it goes right through her.

That is extremely disappointing. There must be SOME kind of forced block setup after double iGDR.

Didn't know about b2

EDIT: the 4B BE forced block after the B2 combo doesn't work on pyrrah, and im assuming other small characters. She can just normal get and it goes right through her.

Hey yes small chars all all a problem, Omega etc also makes problems in that case....but i havent had the time to test them all...

Its already known and not a combo, your opponent gets up after 8A+B, if he just lays there the UB will whiff.

But i wanna use that BAM and PENG in next tournament.

BRB starting Poll for this.

Thnx i also ant to inquire if 22 aA+B+K BE ~ B+K is possible on block. I know 3B is guarantee want to know if B+K is possible b4 turning around.

He doesn't seem to have BT frames off of 22A BE, or at least I can't seem to time it right. Also, 22A BE doesn't guarantee 3B. It's +13, so the most damaging followup is aB if you're close enough.

Edit: How the hell does the gunshot come out during the first hit of DC K?

The gunshot BT is a Bug that already was in SC4. In SC4 what was impossible to hit that, only when Taki Stalkered above you etc. So i think they just imported that move somehow....and the bug is still there.

So it has no use at all. Maybe in SC5 a bit more like seen in the Wallcombo, but still its a useless gimmick it seems.

Just an update, I've compiled a list of our discovered combos. Be sure to consult my first post as reference.

He doesn't seem to have BT frames off of 22A BE, or at least I can't seem to time it right. Also, 22A BE doesn't guarantee 3B. It's +13, so the most damaging followup is aB if you're close enough.

Edit: How the hell does the gunshot come out during the first hit of DC K?

I feel they should go ahead and make those moves BT and give the option of B+K after them so where not all trying to find the right time to input B+K.

Thanks about the info about 3B not being guarantee, i thought it worked cause i have gotten people with it a lot.

Also the BT gunshot is DC ~ K ~ B Just Input ~ B Just Input. In SC 4 it was Z motion 421 kB ~B Just Input

Also didn't they take out A+K from everyone's move list.

Docvizzo, I can sometimes connect iGDR iGDR b2, is there any specific condition that needs to be met for this? This gives us back the 4B BE forced block after iGDR combo.

Docvizzo, I can sometimes connect iGDR iGDR b2, is there any specific condition that needs to be met for this? This gives us back the 4B BE forced block after iGDR combo.
Wait, how are you doing that? is the second iGDR a tech trap or are you somehow not getting the follow up?

Back