Cervantes Combo Discussion

Docvizzo, I can sometimes connect iGDR iGDR b2, is there any specific condition that needs to be met for this? This gives us back the 4B BE forced block after iGDR combo.

I think its just a matter of recovery of second iGDR. When you recover faster (aka do iGDR faster after 1st one), you get the b2.

You can see this clearly when you hit the first iGDR from max range, since then you can do the 2nd one earlier...so it always guarentees the b2 with almost no timing.

When you hit first iGDR from close range, you cant wait too long for the second one....

Sometimes when I do igdr, igdr then CE, the opponent recovers close to me, allowing me to hit another igdr for 130 damage in total. I'm wondering if this has to do something with off axis hit, or timing or maybe it's just inconsistent. It would be nice if we could turn this combo into something consistent. This is on open ground though, not close to the wall if anyone was wondering.

Dont know if its known, but 3B, iGDR, CE, 7B+K is Combo for 120ish + Full tech trap for 145 DMG.

You just need to do CE LATE, then it will give a different ground stun.

Tested on Natsu and Omega.

Hi, I've post a Cervantes's combo clip to "Game Video Distribution" forum.
Most of the combos may be impractical in usual gameplay, but I hope you enjoy anyway.
Thanks.=)

why didn't they put any of these combos besides IGDR's in the strategy book, i had to write em down! :( What does WS mean? I thought it was "while standing" but it can't be. Also, what is IGDR setup?

why didn't they put any of these combos besides IGDR's in the strategy book, i had to write em down! :( What does WS mean? I thought it was "while standing" but it can't be. Also, what is IGDR setup?

WS is while standing indeed. Add a "up" in the end....it means while standing up or while rising, which makes more sense.

iGDR setup is within a combo, when your opponent whiffed OR when you have a really good read. You normally dont throw it out like that in "setups", since its quite unsafe and leaves you Back Turned.

One janky iGDR "setup" that should be in everyone's scrub-busting arsenal:
6B+K gunshot from mid or far range, iGDR as they come in after stepping or ducking it.

One janky iGDR "setup" that should be in everyone's scrub-busting arsenal:
6B+K gunshot from mid or far range, iGDR as they come in after stepping or ducking it.

Yo thats old stuff, i did this in SC4 all the time. The same goes for 4A intended whiff of course, all zero recovery moves. So people still eat this....good to know.

Yo thats old stuff, i did this in SC4 all the time. The same goes for 4A intended whiff of course, all zero recovery moves. So people still eat this....good to know.
Yeah, that sort of stuff is free on everybody once, and free on less than stellar players aaaalllllll day.

WS is while standing indeed. Add a "up" in the end....it means while standing up or while rising, which makes more sense.

iGDR setup is within a combo, when your opponent whiffed OR when you have a really good read. You normally dont throw it out like that in "setups", since its quite unsafe and leaves you Back Turned.
WS is the same thing as WR, oh. But if iGDR setup is within a combo isn't it the same as just iGDR?

Those aren't 100% guaranteed, alas. Instead of 44K, though, 3B works.
Its Guaranteed. Only problem is cervantes might aim in some random direction an miss on his own. but doing 44k or 3B results in same damage output so its more of a either or, what your preferance. Though 44k will give crouching options.

It's not listed, dunno if it's somewhere in the thread. Easy, non JF wall combo for 103 damage. 3B, 3B, 3A+B, BBB. Foolproof. Tried to tack the 1BB in there instead of the 2nd 3B, but the 3A+B whiffs. I'll be going with this for my walls now. I don't really plan on using metered combos with him, gonna save it for GI or ring out situations, or just any time I feel like they need to get EX psycho crushered.

EDIT: forgot about the 4kk buff lol, replace the 2nd 3B with 4kk and you get 107. For no just frames. Cervy so good lol.

I can't get the iGDR to relaunch after the 8B+K in the air. I guess its just a matter of timing but everytime I try it they stay on the ground after the iGDR.

You must input iGDR at the earliest time possible after 8B+K. If they are getting hit on the ground instead it just means your iGDR came out a little late.

Yeah I figured that was the case. I have a much easier time just doing 3B, iGDR, B2 and it still does more damage than 3B, 8B+K, aB which is what I've been doing.

Back