Cervantes General Discussion/Q&A Thread

Party Wolf

Administrator
General discussion for Cervantes.

[notice]Thread renamed to "Cervantes General Discussion/Q&A Thread".

- Mage[/notice]

I'm actually really excited to get my hands on SC2 Cervantes. SCV's Cerv is fun and strong, but he just doesn't feel as technical as he should. iGDR is really the only skill gate to learning him, and his combos felt too simple to me. I'm looking forward to playing with a really technical juggle pirate again.

I don't think Cervantes has ever been a bad pick. He's kind of like Akuma from SF: even when he's at his worst, he still has enough tools to make him above average.

Really?Not X and Mitsu?

On paper, no question. CH 3B restun combos are 75% health or more.

Even without that he's definitely top 3. Best step in the game, and... well I was going to start quoting frame data but it apparently it is missing. Cervy has great punishes, killer FC game, space control, great lows, 3A. Someone that mained SC2 Cervy and is active on the forums should post more info. Hates? Kowtow?

Just off the top of my head, hopefully posting a possibly wildly off base top 10 from memory while I'm at work will pull real cervy players out of the wood works to correct me!-

3A
3B
BT A+B
CH BBB
1K_2K
WS K
2A+B
Whatever that old man flying kick is, kB?
Auto-GI's

i kind of want to put 6a+b:b on there too because i love that jf but i don't remember if it's actually any good, lol.

there's a TON of good stuff with cervy but that alone can get you started

3A
3B
BT A+B
CH BBB
1K_2K
WS K
2A+B
Whatever that old man flying kick is, kB?
Auto-GI's

1AB and 1A[B ] Unblockable ! The kick is kB from running only and i think KGK from neutral. Also 22B is pretty awesome, think it was more than +5 on hit...

But to be honest the ch 3B relaunches are way to hard, nobody should expect to use that in a match....

Fetz used relaunches as early as sc2 nationals. They are doable. Im on my phone, but yeah, just go to youtube and type sc2 fetz

I have watched plenty of Vids from Fetz, Kageh etc before, ive never seen one in which he used relaunches...

So How the fuck do you deal with Yoshis 1A properly? I have massive trouble with this move, its insane speed and hitbox are crazy. Cervantes pokes are not too long ranged, 1A has a full TC and keeps on dodging my pokes, somehow it feels like there is a tiny backwards evade for the first spin and if i whiff 3A he just keeps on spinning and makes my life miserably.

So i thought, well, lets use 8B+K, jump over him and stab his stupid back, but NOPE. 100% tracking, motherfucker just TURNS AROUND. Fuck him. Auto Evades? Nope. Highs? Nope. Shit has crazy priority. short ranged pokes? Nope.

Only solution is just perfect spacing for the moment, but you better not whiff since Yoshi has damn good mid ranged whiff punishers.

FUCK.THIS.GAME.

Anyone remember the input for Cervys SC5 44aB in SC2? It was 4agb or some shit, or 44etc. Move is not in movelist and from one day to the other i forgot the input.

Back