Cervantes Q&A / General Discussion

babalook

[10] Knight
*This is a message from your captain.*
Updated March 1, 2012
Alright so I believe there were some questions that were repeated from time to time so I've decided to make an FAQ compilation specifically for this thread.

In regards PLZ READ this first post before asking.
  1. iGDR execution: How do I execute iGDR?
    You do 214B as fast as possible and he will light up white and fly across in a very fast speed. It's extremely unsafe, back throw punishable. Make sure when you do 214B, the 4 and the B must be pressed at the same time. This will require lots of practice but if you can hit this 90% of the time, you will win a lot of matches
  2. The triple iGDR combo: How do I execute iTS during the second follow-up?
    You push 214:B then another 214:B but the second one isn't iGDR although the input is the same; instead he does iTS as a follow up and then do a third 214:B but sometimes he does iTS sometimes he doesn't.
----------------------------------------------------------
Rules of this thread

All questions & answers as well as discussions and vids related to game-play elements goes here.

DO NOT ask anything outside of game-play (story, costumes, appearances...); this type of discussion would go to The good old pirate is back thread (in which the topic may subject to change in the future).

Aside from that feel free to discuss away.

*End of message.*
----------------------------------------------------------

well here he is
i actually figured this gunshot was one of his CE possiblities quite some time ago it'll like be used for airial wall splats, ROs, punishment/long range whiff punishment.

Also his iGDR is now a BE. This is consistent with the fact that they have been making traditionally execution-heavy moves into BEs (see: Summon Suffering).

Also his iGDR is now a BE. This is consistent with the fact that they have been making traditionally execution-heavy moves into BEs (see: Summon Suffering).
i think this is a good thing so it can be used for more consistent punishment with alot less risk

So with iGDR being BE what does that mean? Can I still input the command for iGDR? Does it only work in combo situations?

So the former iGDR is a BE, and judging from the lighting it's a GB too, meaning it won't be as punishable?

CE also seems like it has no windup. Probably won't be UB though. I'm interested in seeing what it's applications will be outside of combos.

So the former iGDR is a BE, and judging from the lighting it's a GB too, meaning it won't be as punishable?

CE also seems like it has no windup. Probably won't be UB though. I'm interested in seeing what it's applications will be outside of combos.
If iGDR is as good in SCV as it is in SCIV; it should remain heavily punishable. Or back-grab-able. I hope they don't over cock this move. No homo.

Yeah, if iGDR has to have some kind of big drawback besides costing meter. It's important to note that not all GBs are safe (JF Asura for example). Of course this is all speculation.

As far as his new body, I found it funny that Cervy after 17 years is now younger. I think the change in general was a good move. I still prefer undead Cervy, but I'm interested in seeing where the story is going.

Finally there it is:

I got 66B, 66K, 6A...no suprise, but good staples that are back!

Discuss. Or not.

Reactions: HRD
So I am SCR and Cervy is in the build. Let me know what you want me to check.

So far:
1A changed
33B changed ?
3A back
A+B is horizontal counter
No more iTP unless it's jf (tried a lot)
1K is the DC k now (super slow low cry :()
DC A is gc not UB
No more teleports?
CE can be ducked but is fast

Sorry if this is already known

iGDR, does it tech jump and tech crouch?
You said A+B is a horizontal counter so does A+K, B+K and 4A+K auto-GI?
You said his 1A changed, does it still tech crouch? Did 1aB+K return?
Does Cervy's DC A go faster or just as fast?
Check if Cervy has a command grab.

OK, now that I've returned from SCR, it's time to indulge you all with details on Cervy.

Moves:
(A)
3A - SC4 3A+B or original 3A. Does KND stun on NH.
1A, B - Old 3A, B. This move is FAST. As far as I know, it doesn't send the opponent over on hit. ~This is a JF version on CH.
6A - Same.
4A - old 44 A. Can become like 44aB.
A, A - Same.
2A - Same.
66A - Same.
44A - Like SC4 88A when facing right.
aB - Faster.
22/88AA - SC1/SC2 22/88 AA. Launch is small like in SC1/SC2. Cannot follow up with B2.
WR A, B - SC1/SC2 WR A, B. The B cannot be charged this time around.
33A - Same.

Old 4A is gone.

(B)
B, B, B - Same except for the last B on hit. Doesn't pushback the opponent when knocked down. Has clean hit.
6B, B - Same, but can no longer be charged/held.
4B, K - Old 4B, K from SC2/SC3. Doesn't leave Cervy in BT.
3B - Same. CH does not go as high anymore.
1B, B - old 6A+B, B. Do not know if there is a JF version.
8B - Like SC1/SC2 8B.
bA - Same, shows GI properties at end of animation. Can be used on airborne opponent for possible wallsplat.
bK - Same.
22/88 B - SC3 1a:B+K or SC4 A+B:B+K. Can be held for unblockable version. Has clean hits properties. Does old stun.
B2 - Same, but seems to do more damage, still wallsplats in SC4 angle.
11B - SC3/SC4 22/88B. Does not have gun follow up animation.
33B - Old 11B. Has clean hit.
66B - Same.
44B - Same.

(K) - All K moves appear to be the same, except for two.
1K - Now old 1A+K. Can follow up with 3B.
6K - Same, except no knockdown on CH. (I think)

(A+B)/(B+K) - Before all else, OLD A+K AND B+K ARE BACK.
A+B - old A+K.
B+K - old B+K, except animation is like 6A+K. It's unblockable and can be followed up when near wall.
6A+B - SC1/SC2 1B+K.
4A+B - SC4 4A+B. It's much faster, has no GB properties, and GDR animation is like iGDR.
2A+B - SC1/SC2/SC3 2A+B. Bounces on CH.
WR A+B - old FC A+BBBBBB. Has no GB properties and ends with SC1 1B+K.
WR B+K - old DC B+K.
2B+K - Same. Seems quake stun area is larger.
4B+K - SC4 1B or SC1/SC2 4A+B.
3A+B - This move is the fusion of SC4 2A+B and WR A. Has crumple stun on CH.
1B+K - old 1A+B
44A+B - same.
8A+B - Same, except follows up with SC4's 28B from iGDR. Has multiple hits and clean hit properties.
8B+K - SC4 8A+K
6B+K - SC4 6A+K. Is a lot faster. Can be used for possible whiff punish.
BT B+K - Same. Does old stun.

(DC)
A - unblockable is gone. Replaced with 33A with GB. Shows in the Move List that you can combo this on block.
B - Same, still direct it.
K - Now is 421K:B, B.
B+K - old 4B+K. Seems this is the only way to get 4B+K now. Has no GB.

DC regular teleport is gone. Replaced with his old DC dash.
214:B stills exists. Feels much easier to do.
Note: DC has a red lightning bolt when done and he is no longer in DC after the animation ends, so no delayed DC attacks anymore.

(CE)
This thing is FAST. Hits high(can be ducked) and is unblockable! IMO, this will be Cervy's best ranged punisher.

(BE)
4B BE - This is the GB iGDR.
6B BE - Basically this is 6B followed by regular GDR.
A+G BE - His former command grab.
WR A+B BE - FC A+BBBBBBB.
22/88 A BE - old 11/77 A,B.

(Combos)
3B, 8B+K, iGDR.
3B, B2.
3B, bA.
3B, aB.
iGDR, B2.
iGDR, 2B+K
4B BE, B2.
4B BE, 2B+K.

(Grabs)
A+G - Same.
B+G - SC1 B+G. Can follow with 2B+K. Possibly more.

(Misc)
Overall movement(step + 8way) feel a lot better than SC4 Cervy, but didn't feel like SC2/SC3 Cervy movement....Maybe because this was the first time using a stick with SoulCalibur, so I had no idea how to proper move.
2P is his SC3 2P except w/o the undead-ness. Still, I personally liked SC3 Cervantes.
Here are some quotes he says: (They may be wrong; I'm going off my memory)
"All will fear the dreaded Captain Cervantes!"
Women and children always fetch the highest prices."
"Are you done talking yet?"
"None will ever control me."
"You dare to defy me?"
"All will remember the day when Cervantes bested you!"

I probably did miss some stuff. If I remember, I'll edit them in. Enjoy.

[EDIT]
9[B+K] - Cervy's Front flip attack. Has clean hit. Can be held for BT B+K (This one also does BT B+K stun).
DC K:B, B - old 421kB:B does exist. On hit, DC K launches the opponent, leaving the JF guaranteed. Can be air-controlled afterwards.
1A, B - on CH, does fallback stun. Is NC.
22/88 A, A - B version is BE. Combos only on CH.
B+G, 4B (BE) is a combo.
4B (BE) leaves advantage on block. Can do BT B+K, 2K, or throw.
CH 2A+B, WR B+K is a combo.

As far as I know(by trying and checking the move list), iTP does not exist. Either I haven't found it, or ppl are mistaking it for 4A+B, which is the only known teleport I could find.

Again, I may have missed stuff.

Everything sounds just perfect. Old A+K and B+K, old 1aB+K...Sc2 Moves are back...so happy to hear this.

BTW Rufus said iTP is still in the game...so looking forward to play him.

Everything sounds just perfect. Old A+K and B+K, old 1aB+K...Sc2 Moves are back...so happy to hear this.

BTW Rufus said iTP is still in the game...so looking forward to play him.

I didn't test for iTP, so I'll believe that. But his regular 2146 is his regular DC dash again.

Dragoon did you try 214:4? maybe try that for iTP. BTW thanx a million for telling me this and I'm happy with the most of the info you're telling.

Also the DC K there's a DC kB:B follow up.

Back