Cervantes Guard Burst Game

docvizzo

[14] Master
...is pretty decent.

Here are the numbers. Bear in Mind, some Moves (3A+B and WS AB) will NEVER burst the guard, they bring the gauge till read but to actually guard burst use these here...just listed the best:

Guard Burst:

WS A+B 5
33_99B 8
4AB 8
6BB
6A+B 9
DC B 9
33A 10
4A 10
22B 10
4B BE 10
1BB 10
9B 11
4B+K 11
DC A 11
3B 12
66B 12
2A+B 12
DC B+K 12
66A 13

3A+B never crushes guard.
WS AB never crushes.

4B BE on guard into BT B+K on guard breaks in 6. Of course I'm not suggesting that you should spam out 6 of those when you want (nor are you likely to have the meter for it anyway), but the point is that this sequence of moves is pretty powerful on the gauge if applied at the right time. I think BT B+K by itself breaks in 9 or 10.

Is that how many times you need to use a move to burst, or a number of damage? If so is the maximum just 100?

Doc, there's a typo at the end, there. I'm sure you meant "WR A,B never crushes guard". WR A+B most certainly does.

Is that how many times you need to use a move to burst, or a number of damage? If so is the maximum just 100?

Number of times needed to use the move.

44A+B (6)

The move itself is very obvious but if you manage to land it while they are flashing red, then it's an instant Guard Burst = BEAST.

InsaneKhent: Nice info. and what is great indeed is that you can also land CH 44A+B for literally his most damaging jugglers combos. Cervantes is indeed fearsome...

Patch 1.02 changes:

9B = Doesn't crush now
66B = 11
2A+B = 11
DC B+K = 11
bK = Doesn't crush now so no more CH 44A+B 160+ dmg combos which is a BIG loss for him.
2B+K = 11
44A = 10

All for now...

Doc: You forgot to write how many hits for 6BB. Is 8

Double post with really important info:

Bursting their Guard with BT B+K also guarantees a CH 44A+B. :)

bK doesn't burst their guard? Boo.
What combos are you guys using after the burst? Meter, non-meter and non-GDRC might be useful.

I always use 6B BE, BT B+K, 33B

Yup. After the 1.02 patch bK no longer bursts guard.

If I manage to burst with BT B+K then:

CH 44A+B, 8B+K, 8B+K, iGDR, CE, CE - If I don't have meter then I finish with aB or Throw reset.

For the rest I just:

iGDRx2, 2A+B

Gotta keep testing if BT B+K indeed guarantees a CH 44A+B as they were blocking it during online play. Hopefully it was due to lag and I was doing it a bit late...

What moves have you guys been using lately to work the opponents guard? Also, what's your go to guard break combo?

When I'm going for a guard break, I'm usually looking for opportunities smack my opponent's guard with a 33/99B or 6A+B (or, alternatively, to simply smack my opponent with them). I hear that BT B+K does pretty good guard-damage as well, although I haven't incorporated that short-cut to do it from a normal facing-your-opponent state into my game yet...

Best moves to break gauge:

33B - (44A+B bait)
3B - Not so unsafe in most cases
6A+B - Safe
44A+B (Most damaging although quite useless in most cases.)
BT B+K - Safe +Frames
4B BE, BT B+K Setup
4A/44A

Best combo if you break with something other than BT B+K now then:
typical CH iGDR, iGDR, 2A+B

if you DO break with BT B+K then:
CH 44A+B, 8B+K, 8B+K, iGDR, iGDR for literally massive damage without CE extenders! That would simply be overkill!

And let's not forget the stupid amount of guard damage that WR A+B does! Of course, the last thing you want is for it to get blocked...

Yeah... too bad it's so cool! Supposedly, the BE version of the attack solve the problem of it being so punishable on block, because it ends in a lightningy BA. Sadly, with that last hit being stepable, it's pretty useless.

That said, with the loss of bK being able to break guard as of v1.02, I though we didn't have any more ways to guard-break into 44 A+B. It's good to know that BT B+K still gives us the option for that super-damaging follow up! Since BT B+K is -4 on block, does that mean that guard-breaking with 33_99 B also allows us to follow up with 44 A+B, since it's only -3 on block? I'm, sadly, still 6 days from getting my copy of the game back, so I can't test for myself. I'm not sure if I should be looking at moves that are good on block, or just ones that recover super-fast (since the opponent is put into a set number of hitstun frames upon being guard-broken).

On the note of block advantage, has anyone had any luck breaking guard with Cervy's BA moves? I'm actually curious as to what kind of follow-up options breaking with 214 A or even the 22_88 aA+B+K give.

For now the only move that guarantees 44A+B is BT B+K. I tried with most of his others but no luck. I'll keep testing.

As for his BA moves. I'll test that as well.

Double Post!

This is what I found about BA moves:

WS A+B BE - First series of hits are what breaks their guard, the last, +frames and step-able series of hits NEVER break armor. Move officially declared obsolete!

22_99A BE - The A never breaks guard (good) but the BE followup does and it gives +frames. Lastly, it guarantees a CH 44A+B. Too bad you can laugh at it even on counter hit! While this move is also useless, we should use it once every 500+ matches to see if we hit the jackpot... If ever!!! Nah, just forget it exists.

The closest move to guarantee a CH 44A+B is 66K. But it doesn't by a few frames which is a pity.

All for now...

You say 44A+B is guaranteed only after a BT B+K. Also would a 22B work or does it have to come from a natural BT move.

Back