Cervantes Patch Updates

I recorded my own input and tried to block it by letting it do the CPU, i NEVER had the situation where iGDR was not guaranteed. Which of course makes sense cause its faster than 3B. Its basic Frame Data, everything else would be a weird bug.

Recovery of BT B+K is just very fast, its actually the easiest move to do iGDR afterwards, since you never will get a buffered GDR normally.

I think it has to do with how you hit with BT B+K. Happened to me again today. I hit my partner while he was trying to step it and he recovered as soon as I began doing 3B. Maybe if you only hit with one sword then you don't get the whole stun. This game is so inconsistent... I'm beginning to think it's simply broken...

For this patch update I think 6K should be a safe on block as it was in SC4, and SC3.

If Cervy is supposedly a risk-reward type of character I don't see how 6K can be so rewarding on hit, it leaves the opponent at 0 and that's about it; it's in no one's favour.

I wish Cervy could get some tracking on most of his moves. Like the greeks. I find him extremely linear. I would also like 1AB to knockdown on NH at the sacrifice of losing it's JF for 70 dmg. For me knockdown is more important than damage. Also without mentioning a little slower just to not make it broken (Like A pat's 1A: A : A's !22 speed.).

I think with that Cervantes would be just perfect.

Yes. I would gladly trade 70 dmg for knockdown properties. The move is annoying, I completely agree but I dont like it the way it is.

!22-24ish (Considering it's awkward startup animation.)
only 22-26 dmg no more.
Knockdown regardless of hit
Remove it's JF
Keep it unsafe as it is.

But scratch it. I'm probably the only one who would want such change.

I, however, think that in order to balance this move you need to restructure it completely. But I'm sure most people will agree in only nerfing it's CH combo dmg.

Yes. I would gladly trade 70 dmg for knockdown properties. The move is annoying, I completely agree but I dont like it the way it is.

!22-24ish (Considering it's awkward startup animation.)
only 22-26 dmg no more.
Knockdown regardless of hit
Remove it's JF
Keep it unsafe as it is.

But scratch it. I'm probably the only one who would want such change.

I, however, think that in order to balance this move you need to restructure it completely. But I'm sure most people will agree in only nerfing it's CH combo dmg.
I see, yeah pretty much I can only see it getting a damage reduction maybe. But I really don't know how cervantes should go about if we're are talking about him getting patched. I use alot of chars so i don't use him enough to see where he stands, pretty much i can make him my main char at anytime. Tell me what changes u want for cervantes?=o

Considering how unsafe he is I say his dmg is justified.
Nerf, change or tweak 1AB
DC moves' execution getting more freeish but I really doubt it.

Imo he's ok the way he is at the moment. Maybe just nerf 1AB so everybody is happy. I feel drained atm the moment so that's come to mind.

Considering how unsafe he is I say his dmg is justified.
Nerf, change or tweak 1AB
DC moves' execution getting more freeish but I really doubt it.

Imo he's ok the way he is at the moment. Maybe just nerf 1AB so everybody is happy. I feel drained atm the moment so that's come to mind.
kk cool well hit me on XBL if u want, if u wanna see how my cervantes plays. And yeah see u later.

I think he's pretty great at the moment. I never really feel helpless in any situation, and while I usually feel like I'm threatening the opponent, I never feel like I have the freedom to just push buttons due to Cervantes's lack of safety and overall slowness. I really don't like how many of Cervantes's most signature moves, such as Flying Dutchman (WR A+B), Dread Pressure (22_88 B), and everything out of Dread Charge, are completely useless... Of course, that's just me finding something personally distasteful. Objectively, I really like the character as he is now... I kinda don't want anything to change.

Except for those stupid camera and back-turned issues regarding iGDR. Those are dumb.

patch wish list for cervy.

66K actually does something on CH.
4B,K safe on block, it's a high string with no mix up, it deserves to be safe.
22A~BE needs to be totally remade.

It isn't? I only read this last page before I posted... I thought it was a patch wishlist thread!
:P

Back