Cervantes Q&A / General Discussion

BT DC is not possible to my knowledge. Whenever it occurs its either because of some glitchy camera turning, the air control of the opponent or if your opponent gets behind you while you enter DC. You cant just be in BT and then go into DC from there afaik.

Also you are wasting your time since this is 100% useless in a match. The only way to get it from time to time is if you sacrifice damage after 3B e.g by doing the 8A+B combo, then hope your opponents lands behind you while you automatically transistion into DC.
I agree, this is impractical as hell, but it's possible. If you do something like 4B BE and have the opponent block it/or whiff, you can input 214:G during 4B BE's recovery frames. It comes out pretty consistent that way. Lol the second hit of the JF DC k combo is even possible XD

BT DC is not possible to my knowledge. Whenever it occurs its either because of some glitchy camera turning, the air control of the opponent or if your opponent gets behind you while you enter DC. You cant just be in BT and then go into DC from there afaik.

Also you are wasting your time since this is 100% useless in a match. The only way to get it from time to time is if you sacrifice damage after 3B e.g by doing the 8A+B combo, then hope your opponents lands behind you while you automatically transistion into DC.

Its not practical after the first time, but as a surprise way to close out a round, its amazing. DC B to the left or right of them, then when they go to chase you, DC again and surprise them with the BT gun shot, first time it happened to me i dropped my controller. Or, if you land near a wall after the first GDR, do another into the wall and catch them with the cervy wall-bounce of doom. But like i said....actually doing it is the hared part.

I will check this evening if i find some setups where you can go into BT DC reliably, but i dont think there will be much.

Hi guys, first time poster, loooooong time cervy: I swear ive gotten the hang of almost every cervy just and wall combo possible but one trick of his has always eluded me....BT DC, i know its possible and its an amazing trick with the backwards gunshot of BT DC K. Ive seen people do it after a normal 2/8GDR and a 9A+B(hold). Has anyone else here seen it and/or performed it that can help me out? i dunno if there's some trick to it but i cannot get it for the life of me.

Thanks!
The BT DC isn't possible. When you see people do DC B into iGDR it's from them pressing G and doing iGDR as COMmon said. BT DC usually comes from someone doing 8A+B into DC K and is entirely dependent on your opponent teching away from DC K so that you go past them. But even so the UB gunshot is still a high so it is just a giant gimmick.

Only setup I found was after 33b 2A+B will miss if they tech left leaving you in BT DC, but they can always duck the gunshot.

Yep, this works in the recovery of any move that leaves you in the BT position. 33B, iGDR would be a good setup against someone who doesn't know it's possible. Although, as aforementioned, it's a "WTF?" gimmick at best.

I'm guessing most people knew this but you can punish -17 lows with 66B. I've been using WR A like a fool this whole time.

Reactions: Egg
So I've decided I want my secondary to be Cervantes because (A) he's a frickin' pirate, and (B) like my dear Alfalfacakes he has a really cool JF spin move. So uh, pleasure to meet you folks!

The iGDR is pretty straightforward, I know how the input works and now I just gotta practice it, but there's one move of his that really baffles me. It's his DC K:B:B. The second hit I can get fairly easily, but I still have yet to get the gunshot at the end. What exactly is the timing for that?

So I've decided I want my secondary to be Cervantes because (A) he's a frickin' pirate, and (B) like my dear Alfalfacakes he has a really cool JF spin move. So uh, pleasure to meet you folks!

The iGDR is pretty straightforward, I know how the input works and now I just gotta practice it, but there's one move of his that really baffles me. It's his DC K:B:B. The second hit I can get fairly easily, but I still have yet to get the gunshot at the end. What exactly is the timing for that?

Ching, Ching... Chung.

Seriously though you just got to work out yourself, I've got it down as a rhythm now but I think when I started I was pressing each button as he hit the opponent.

Ching, Ching... Chung.

Seriously though you just got to work out yourself, I've got it down as a rhythm now but I think when I started I was pressing each button as he hit the opponent.

Ah, now I've got it. I was doing it way too early. The input's pretty smooth now.
Thanks amigo. It'd look bad if the alpha main couldn't do a JF. <3

Too bad the move sucks ass.

The move is pretty useful when the opponent knows cervy's typical igdr combos like 3 B> igdr> b2. Sometimes, when I know the opponent isn't expecting it, I'll pretend it to be a failed igdr attempt (DC B). That is really the only time you should ever even consider using it (and use it occasionally). Yeah, you can block them both on reaction, but everyone's first decision to a messed up igdr combo is "don't block low". It is even more effective in offline play because you can also fake grunts in an attempt to make it look like a failed igdr.

The move is pretty useful when the opponent knows cervy's typical igdr combos like 3 B> igdr> b2. Sometimes, when I know the opponent isn't expecting it, I'll pretend it to be a failed igdr attempt (DC B). That is really the only time you should ever even consider using it (and use it occasionally). Yeah, you can block them both on reaction, but everyone's first decision to a messed up igdr combo is "don't block low". It is even more effective in offline play because you can also fake grunts in an attempt to make it look like a failed igdr.

Yeah, try that against anyone REMOTELY good, and you'll ge blown up everytime. Lets just face it. His entire DC game is shambles. The best thing you can do with it is nothing, or maybe dash forward. Every other option he has other than Sideways GDR is punishable and/or readable.

Every move in the game is punishable/readable.

DC's are easily reactable though, which is why it sucks.

muh semantics

If you count JG's then yeah, in paper every move is indeed punishable/readable by aPat's CE.

But come on, how often do you see someone JG an 2A move then punish it with aPat's CE? Not that often, but its still possible, seen a guy do it.

If you count JG's then yeah, in paper every move is indeed punishable/readable by aPat's CE.

But come on, how often do you see someone JG an 2A move then punish it with aPat's CE? Not that often, but its still possible, seen a guy do it.
Cervy could do it if CE was a mid. :*(
But unfortunately there are still moves that are like -10 on JG that recover in crouch. But still gotta love that JG aB punish on AA and BB.

Back