Cervantes SCV Patch Wishlist Thread

*Siegfried Player Voice*

All of his attacks should be unblockable and I should be able to perform iGDR by pressing A+K. Oh, and more damage on everything when he hits, which is always, since all of his attacks need to be unblockable (see above). He won't be able to compete unless he has 480 health and while taking half damage from attacks, either, so definitely do that too.

I would be happy if they give him a good low. And when I say "good" I mean decent speed with knockdown properties. I mean Patroklos have great lows, Pyrrha too.

A little more range since his best moves are somewhat lacking in the range department.

Or a CE in the form of a iGDR that when it hits it turns into a combo with Cervy going ape-shit on them. I think I'm asking simply too much... After Hates of course. lol

Everything else is okay at is it imo. It's justified.

44K as Cervy's 214K in SC4
iDC A
iDC K (still react-able though)
iDC B+K
iDC dash-in not as far as the regular dash-in
more options after dash-in (maybe 9B+K or 9[B+K] and another DC/iDC follow-up)
iDC options after 8A+B
Switch A+G BE for B+G BE and make him have the old animation where he tosses character in the sky (as far as 8A+B would launch) and goes to DC afterwards also give him iDC options on that.

DC again looks like trash, i agree, i find DC A easily reactable. I dont know why you cant 214 instant Cancel anymore, everytime i go in DC because i miss iGDR im like "GGGGGGGGGGGGG" just to get the fuck out of that stance.

Only thing i worry right now with him is how he will pair against Omega and Alpha who can basically punish 90% of his moveset. Still his damage output is awesome, but so is Omegas and Alphas. In SC4 those were the matchups were you spammed 3A+B, but now thats unsafe too.

I dont want to make him much stronger, just give him something to dont get stomped by those 2 chars. Not sure if 2A+B will do it.

Also people who whine about 1AB, WTF. This is a godlike move in basically any way. Cant ask for more.

I think he only needs a good low and a more freeish DC. Not being able to cancel/delay/instant moves from DC completely kills it in this game imo.

1AB is good, I'm not saying otherwise, but not everyone will lose it against it as it deals weak damage for the risk it has on block. Only those who aren't patient will overreact to it. Eating a 1AB is not big deal, you can hit me 200+ times with it for all I care, just remember it's always my turn after it.

A successful throw feels more menacing than 1AB imo. It proves to have better results when it comes to prompt them to duck. At least for me.

I agree about 1AB, but 1-2 Times on CH and its a different story, and its really easy to hit that on ch.

Its not like you only land it on NH all the time, CH properties make this move so good. Who else has a 70 DMG, full tracking low which is i17?

Cervantes' 1AB is excellent. I believe it's a step killer? So, as Docvizzo explained, getting it to hit on CH isn't that difficult. Aside from that, he doesn't exactly "need" lows. His grab game is good, his mid/close tools are good. His guard break game isn't that hard to apply. If you're having trouble trying to get the person to duck (due to a belief of no good lows) then grab them.

Also, moldredd. 1AB on NH is 24DMG I believe. Being hit with 1AB twice is 48DMG. That's a lot. However, in my personal opinion, 1AB seems like it should be used for mind-game purpose, or for step kill.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong if it doesn't kill step.

Its basically full anti step. It even catches Leixia out of WS B BE form the ground. So its teleport catching :)

CH 1AB, iGDR is great. I think we all agree with that. But I still don't like it NH, even less against Pyrrha and A. Patroklos.

A question, though. What are your mixups with 1AB? Maybe I can learn to fully appreciate it.

Edit: A more viable Dread Charge game would be pretty welcomed too.

1AB mix ups?? When someone gets hit with 1AB after every blocked move they start to duck and from there you can apply the multiple of mids that hurt like a truck 3B 2A+B 66B 3A...1AB sets everything up.

I really think 1AB is one of Cervantes best moves. It sets up everything you want to do.

I still don't like the fact of a guessed 1AB blocked and severely punished. I do think it's his only "good" low but one move will not guarantee the win and/or pressure. Too much at stake, imo.

if you show your step you can do 22AA/ 22A/ 11A/ or even 22*1AB/ or you can just wait for your enemy to attack and A+B or B+K or 22K them if they attack low... Not to mention a:B rapes people... so fast, kills step... b:K to add pressure. I rarely use 1AB these days because its so much easier to just B+K headshot people. and if anyone tries to do a high and you can tell its coming, duck and do while rising B+K, and there goes HALF of their life bar...

It's out !
http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/download/4787_26921/battle-system-update

Re-balanced move lists for following characters due to unintended aerial combos connecting even during aerial control: Ivy (while turning moves), Cervantes (AA, 6A, etc.), Leixia (6B, etc.), Xiba (3B).

4K.K (Anchor Steep Kick): opponent falls down on second attack's counter hit.
While turning B+K (Pressure Astern): lengthened opponent's freeze when hit.
3A+B (Shattering Man of War): changed to maintain distance when 2nd attack hits.
a+gA+B+K (Curse of the Ancient Mariner): decreased rise in opponent's critical gauge.
Dread Charge: once B (Geo Da Ray, Shadow Flare) is buffered during Dread Charge, you cannot re-buffer to other moves except B+K (Shadow Flare).
Dread Charge B (fastest input) (Geo Da Ray Conclusion): decreased chance of clean hit.

4KK : That's mean wall combo is back ?
BT B+K : 3B will launch now ?
3A+B : What's the point ?
a+gA+B+K : I didn't know a throw rise critical gauge :o
GDR B : I dont get it ?
iGDR B : not that bad

Basically if you failed iGDR, you used to be able to switch from GDR into B+K which is the teleport drop attack... or saying you used to be able to do other moves, and now it seems you can ONLY do B+K

Back