Cervantes Worst Moves

In SCIV 6K was faster with i14. I'm assuming it's the same in this game but I can't find Cervy's frame data anywhere.

The upshot of 6K is that it's an i13 mid kick, which makes it beat out things like Voldo's blind stance aGI options, etc.

Yes after blocking Leixias 6KK, i use Cervy 6K to punish.

Havent found more uses :)
You're better off punishing with 3A. Free knockdown!

The upshot of 6K is that it's an i13 mid kick, which makes it beat out things like Voldo's blind stance aGI options, etc.

You're better off punishing with 3A. Free knockdown!

What i thought its -14? Need to test, thx.

8A+B combos if you just tap B after... I duno the damage but the TC is fast so I think it has some applications. Other that that and WS B+K I agree with the list, Oh and adding 11B & DC dash. Though the dash does cover hella ground it seems to have quite a bit of recovery after.

22A BE should never work. Then again, Mitsu 1aB should never work either. If you get someone flustered, they may just sit there and block that shit.

There is a very crucial difference between Cervy's and Mitsu's moves. With Mitsurugi, the first low horizontal is coming out slow and reactable, so people see it and are expecting a low move, thus go into a crouching guard. Then the low is actaully canceled, leaving them sitting there blocking. The move is a extremely slow, but flustered and blocking characters have high inertia when they see the guard break lightning. Something goes through their head thinking they might dodge too late and get caught in a failed sidestep, so they feel just sucking up the guard break which doesn't take life to be a better option.

This all subverted with Cervantes, because the 22A is almost instant and has already hit you. Even on counter hit, it sucks. There is no catching your opponent turtling because there isn't that element of a canceled low. Cervantes has already hit them, and suddenly, they are fully recovered, already processing their options for punishing/on hit reactions. They're not left turtling, they are fully ready for your mix-up, and THEN they see the slow guard break lightning, which they can do ANYTHING to punish. Sidestep? Free launcher. Quick attack? Interrupt and get a counter hit. Panic grab? Free inescapable back throw.

The only way someone could possibly defend this useless move is...
"Maybe the opponent doesn't know Cervantes." --You have MUCH better options if they don't know Cervy.
"Maybe there's online lag." --With lag, you can pretty much do anything and it will hit.
"Maybe the opponent is really scrubby and doesn't know the game." --Then it doesn't matter, just body him.

There are some slower guard breaks which can work on veteran players and make them freeze up and take it. This is not one of those moves. Completely useless on anyone who knows what's going on. Sure there are some options if the attack hits. But it never will. If it does, it's a WILD fluke. And wild flukes are not something to base your game plan on.

In all honesty, they should just fix this move with a patch. Everyone has bad moves, but a bad move hat takes Brave Meter is just ridiculous.

Does anyone use 3A+B outside of wall combos?

I actually use it quite a bit. Sometimes as a round opener, even if the first part whiffs, because the second part hitting is worth it for the:B::B::B:transition, especially since it doesn't need the counter hit to stun. You don't want to do it too far away because the:B::B::B:might whiff a hit, which can break that combo.

The move is not terribly unsafe, the most you're going to eat is a :A::A: or :B::B:, unless you're playing someone like Alpha Patroklos. And Cervantes game is all about risk and reward. The risk on this move is not terribly bad for the reward it offers. Of course :3::B: gives more damaging combos, but because that's Cervy's staple lifter, it's easier to see. Less used moves like :3::A+B: are harder to read.

Any bad meter move that Cervy has is completely obscured by the fact that he has 4B BE.

Anyway, I used to dislike 6K but now I see where it can come in handy. 11B seems like a pretty shitty move now that it doesn't have an AT attached to it.

Lets see....cervy bad moves.....
11B
Slow, weak, unsafe, no tracking. 11K Beats it every way

22_88B/
Slow, weak and better post step options available. Also, doesn't invert step so you could accidentally step INTO your opponent if you do the wrong directional input.

22_88A BE
Not guaranteed on hit. lol. only useful on uneducated players

WR A+B/BE (Only use this move got is a wall combo reset against aPat, or hit-confirm Forward RO against him. This is due to a glitch that allows aPat to block again before the lunge, but the be has a GC that puts you at +12, so CE is guaranteed after)

Dread Charge stance except for DC B (lolhitbox) and DC6
DC A, DC K and DC B+K are just plain slow and avoidable on reaction, and then heavily punishable.

4A+B
This move is just terrible. Only good for predicting big whiffers like asta or sieg, and only sometimes, but wait 44A+B is much better. This move is just bad.

4BK
This move only exists for the input for 4B BE in this game. It is unsafe, weak, and negative on hit unless a counter.

22_88B/
Slow, weak and better post step options available. Also, doesn't invert step so you could accidentally step INTO your opponent if you do the wrong directional input.

22_88A BE
Not guaranteed on hit. lol. only useful on uneducated players

22B has a giant step to his right so it can get you out of a tight spot.
Also I've hit really good players with 22_88A BE in tournaments. If you use it a clutch point in the match it usually makes them freeze. It's also RO if you have 1.5 bars and they're against the ring edge.

Back