SCV Character Creation Discussion

OMG. I love it! Hopefully they allow us to make the face fat too. It's kinda weird for the character to have a fat body and not the face. Other than that, I cannot wait to play this awesome game. Now it's going to be hard to focus on my studies with all the information coming out.

Also, I want a school girl costume. That's all... That is all.

Very nice looking.

Let's hope "Legendary Souls" actually gives us something to use them with. Having nothing to do with such an advanced creator would really suck.

Menu shows "Chinese character ###"
Japanese characters? Cool!
Me: ...

Bit sad there is no win/lose customization

After thinging about it, I like the use of a card on the select screen, it should load quicker than a model, which will be a huge help.

As far as "normal" stuff from the preview,

the height adjustment seems to come with trade offs if you increase range (see 0:53, shocked no one pointed it out yet) which may work out for the better or lead to hideous min-maxing.

I am pretty sure that the music is Destiny Awaits No One from SC2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY_va61oPHU&feature=related

What's interesting about that is that the rest of the music is ripped from 3 (CotS/CAS releated stuff). This means something (or not)...

Online,in Standard Mode
Creating a lobby
Option "Allow CaS: Yes/No"
And for who search a lobby "CaS allowed: Yes/No"

Please.

Example
Imagine a 2 meter Leixia.
Her moveset is projected,balanced,betatested to work on her range and short body.

Same moveset and weapon, but on a 3d model with longer arms/legs.
Longer range and different hitboxes: standard/balanced gameplay fail
or
Hitboxes stay the same,huge ghost collisions: standard/balanced gameplay fail

NOT WANT "ban" CaS from Online.
Filter "CaS allowed" on search and you don't even end up into lobby where CaS are disabled.

Just want play online with the true SC gameplay,not with a influenced-by-an-editor-mode version of it. Lag exist,i know. But still other games (i'm thinking at SSF4),proved that at best connection a good FG online can be a good B plan if you want play and you can't do a face to face versus with your friends

ps: i love CaS, i will enjoy use it in SCV
pps: in b4 "but still lag exist so u must play against my 2 meter leixia cuz online is'nt serious" bs
ppps: in b4 nonsense "waaaa you want ban my creativity,you MUST see my CaS even if you don't want waaa is so nice,i've write a fanfiction about it! ps: waaaa"

I added a post on the front page and made some changes to this thread. Discuss.

^ So you won't be unlocking stuff to use in it :p

O
Same moveset and weapon, but on a 3d model with longer arms/legs.
Longer range and different hitboxes: standard/balanced gameplay fail
or
Hitboxes stay the same,huge ghost collisions: standard/balanced gameplay fail

Range increases with hit to movement/attack speed (as shown in video): ???

I couldn't help but notice that Viola is missing her claw. Did they really remove it? If so I'm hella salty because that is what stood out for me and made me pumped to play her. No Freddy glove = don't care about her anymore really. :( :(

Anyway this mode looks cool.

Some screenshots from the video, brought to you by
tagotter.png

faces.png
hair.png

eyebrows.png
facepaints.png
clothes.png

clothes1.png

pants.png
voices.png
chinese.png

chinese1.png

stuff.png
katanas.png

sc5cas.png

This part concerns me. Not only is this likely to alter hitboxes again, but, look at those other status effects: reach, power, speed, attack rate... Are those going to start altering the actual frames of moves now too? Or how fast the character moves? Hopefully this is all put off in some special vs equivalent and left out of the standard game.

Though it could just be a general description of the weapon style selected. Sort of like Broken Destiny attempted to classify the characters as. But it being present here and not on the weapon style selection screen seems odd if that were the case.

Capturing a 2nd frame with the middle height selected shows the same graph, but, maybe only the extremes change these.

I am glad that they improved on a lot of features. For every ugly one I see, I will try to make one look better (which will not be hard at all =_=)

Though changing the color of the blade seems interesting. I wonder if some blades have a 2 tone change in colors. That would be interesting, however, I would most likely just keep them blade colors.

I couldn't help but notice that Viola is missing her claw. Did they really remove it? If so I'm hella salty because that is what stood out for me and made me pumped to play her. No Freddy glove = don't care about her anymore really. :( :(
Well, her main weapon is the orb, so I guess she just uses the orb and her "bare hands" to fight, then the glove might be just an accessory...

Whatever. I just think she looks boring as fuck without it. If its gone thats a shame. I aint trying to derail the thread though, so yeah...character creation. Looks especially good for DeviantArt peeps.

Well, her main weapon is the orb, so I guess she just uses the orb and her "bare hands" to fight, then the glove might be just an accessory...
Main weapon was actually the claw. The orb was mainly for traps.

At least that's how she was. Then in the French interviews yesterday they said they were considering making the orb her main weapon instead. So it's very possible they removed the claw while they're revamping her.

Back