Circus Society's Cabinet of Curiosities

Circus Society

[05] Battler
I've decided that after 3 years of lurking... it's about time I start posting.
Some of these creations are quite old, but I've decided to pick my best so far.
Criticism is very welcome, please be kind :)

vT82A9i.jpg

Lyrik is a young man with a strong desire of justice, he was born Prince destined for the throne... but when he was baby his family was slaughtered. He would of been killed too if the Court Jester hadn't ran away with him.
Lyrik was raised by the Jester in a traveling troupe of performers... never knowing his stolen birthright.
Years later the tyranical king who had stolen his throne decided the only way to make sure Lyrik didn't take the throne back was to find him and kill him. Lyrik quickly found out who he really was, and though he has no interest in taking the throne... he has put together a band of freedom fighters that masquerade as jesters, bards, and dancers.

9MAwF6m.jpg

When Revard was alive, he had the misfortune of having a brash young witch fall in love with him.
She put a curse on him so that until he died at the hands of bloody combat, he would have to protect her.
Many years later Revard was still undefeated in battle, and the witch had passed away due to illness.
However; until Revard dies in combat... the curse remains.
He can be found outside the witches burial grounds

pIQKuqX.jpg

Haven't got a story for these guys yet, but Fidget and Stox are brothers.

lisEuDA.jpg

t80gZi7.jpg

JNdDS75.jpg

I don't have a back story for this guy yet, but his name is an awful pun xD

ugZbsGL.jpg

vNN2g2o.jpg

I decided to create a costume inspired by Bloodborne and Van Helsing
The general idea is that this costume is a few years after Soul Calibur and that Patroklos has significantly improved his malfested hunting game. I think this costume is currently a work in progress.

q8Qo102.jpg

After playing this game for so many years, I started to get frustrated with how meek Pyyra was.
So I decided to create a more confident version of her, technically not a costume because it's an original character using Patroklos' fighting style.

zQZM9C5.jpg

O9bpYRm.jpg

oEWFHAE.jpg

PLmeKkk.jpg

Welcome to 8WR! Here's some thoughts on your work.

Lyrik: Nice color and pattern matching. I'd recommend using some of the crazier stickers (like the tribal tattoos) to increase the level of detail. Also try to find some use for the special equipment slots. Since he's a rogue, you might give him a wrist crossbow made of a gun holster, a bow, and an arrow. Or just throw on some random shit around the neck like chains, the centurion plume, or the samurai ornament. Since he's also a jester, feel free to go crazy with some asymmetry.

Revard: Not a particularly strong design.He's got legionnaire, gladiator, and knight parts. And he's a mummy. You should pick any direction and roll with it.

Stox: Not much to say here except that the Cervantes DLC does all the talking here. I've never seen it used on a circus ringmaster though, so that's a first. Nice touch with the makeup though. Makes him look crazier.

Fidget: Looks like a sartorially confused version of Stox.

Native American Hunter: Now we're getting somewhere. I see you've discovered the beauty of bump mapping. Cool combo with the pocket sticker and the zipper. You should try adding some colors and patterns though. Like those really old looking ones.

Pan Demon: Good work with the arm. It looks like a sun sticker and something else. You can use special equipment + pattern to buff up the arm. Like the gourd. Or add random spikes.

Jacko: Clever manipulation of SpecEq for the pumpkin head. The outfit, on the other hand, is just DLC painted all brown. Try incorporating more colors, patterns, and stickers.

Demon Hunter Patsy: A good layout overall. The pants don't have much detail compared to the top, so you could try swapping out the underwear for something simpler or adding some shit to the pants, like a random pocket sticker. He certainly does look Bloodborne inspired.

Knight Pyrrha: She certainly is heavily armored. Not much else to say about this one.

Mitsurugi: Very nice. I like how you layered the stickers on the vest. Subtle pattern on the pants adds character too.

Rain: A noble effort at sticker layering. You might want to try some bump mapping though.

Link & Captain: Pretty accurate recreations.

Overall, you're off to a good start. I suggest you check out some of the other threads to acquire some more technique. This thread, for example:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/school-of-cas-advanced-cas-technique.18282/
If you have any specific questions about certain CaS or how to do whatever, feel free to ask me. Good luck.

Back