Civil War 4 Results

How many people went to the event total (i.e., what was the average number of entrants?)?

How many people went to the event total (i.e., what was the average number of entrants?)?

I'm not sure really. KOF13 had around 40 entrants from what I heard. I'm sure the Capcom games had more than that but I don't know the exact numbers. SC5 had the lowest turnout besides Blazblue I believe (7 entrants >_>).

Where was this tournament even at? I thought Omega had a paid trip or entry or something? Either way, congrats.

That sucks. Wish I could've gone. But congrats to the people that did show up

ATL was having a regional tournament, ATL Revival. Nobody I know from the GA community made the trip to VA, though a few of us were trying to at first. Unfortunately, I had to choose between CW4 or summer tournaments like CEO and EVO, and I had to choose the latter.

17 entrants for SCV. 3S had 16 entrants and T6 had even less I'm sure.

The organizer for CW4 will be posting the full results here at some point: http://rvatournaments.tumblr.com/

Once he does, I will contact Shoryuken hub to update their post to include that information. I think the main reason bigger names didn't come was the ATL regional and the MLG weekend event in NY. We should really have more transparency so that these major events don't overlap. Granted, not everyone can attend everything, but if they have that option, we shouldn't make it impossible by scheduling things on the same weekend.

PS Tiamat: my secondary was Natsu in the tourney.

I had the whole results post up, then I got a Google Chrome kill screen, no auto-save FTL.

They will be posted later tonight. I've been either asleep or closing odds and ends ever since the tournament ended.

I like SC5 and the community and respect them, (SCV did get a sword, after all) but I can't seem to get any traction in 3D game turnouts. Maybe it's an xbox thing, maybe it's I'm not a 3D player, maybe its that the RVA 3D scene is really small, maybe it's MLG on the same weekend (which they never talked to me about), or whatever.

But I won't abandon them. I will continue to hold Tekken and Soul Cal tourneys as long as I'm throwing them. Eventually, players will come and realize what they're missing out on. :-)

As far as stream and what not. It's a logistics thing, MK was the lowest turnout tourney that got streamed, and it had 25 entrants and out of state comp (Chris G). The rest that were streamed had much more, and even then, we didn't finish the tourney till 1am.

Thanks everyone for coming!

Big thanks and props RVA Tournaments! We will definitely be encouraging more of the SC community to come out to your events. All of the attendees can vouch that it was well done.

So, all you SC people reading this that didn't make it to CW4: make sure to come for the next one and other RVA tournaments!

as a total noob to evo, what happens with points that were earned

do i have to do anything between now and evo (like paperwork or anything)?

Back