Dalton's CaS House

Dalton

[08] Mercenary
A while ago, I created a thread under the same name, but it was deleted due to the fact that I had not uploaded anything to it. The reason being that my potato computer finally died on me. Now that I have a working computer, I want others to see my CaS', and I hope to get some criticism from skilled CaS' artists.

Silver Knight (Dark Souls)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_2.png

Penetrator (Demon's Souls)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_11.png

Raiden (Metal Gear)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_1.png

Fool's Idol (Demon's Souls)
SOULCALIBUR Ⅴ_5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Silver Knight is pretty boring. You used that lion crest sticker to emulate armor on the Egyptian skirt, but he doesn't really have much going on other than that. Great sticker work on Penetrator though. The purple waist cloth is a nice splash of color too. Raiden's pattern is way too gaudy, and I don't know what's going on with that gourd. I like the hair extensions on Fool's Idol, and the pattern adds some nice detail to the pants.

I see you've learned how to emulate armor using bump mapping (as you did with the zipper stickers on Penetrator's thighs and waist). You can turn cloth equipment into armor using other shiny/bump mapped stickers, especially an enlarged star sticker (the one lower on the menu, single color). If you really want to get up to speed on layering and detailing, I highly recommend checking out this guide:
http://8wayrun.com/threads/school-of-cas-advanced-cas-technique.18282/
One more thing: try posting at least two images for each character you make so we can see what's going on. Right now, much of your work is hidden behind arms, legs, or weapons.

You're off to a great start, Dalton. Keep up the good work.

Thanks brucege! Your criticism is much appreciated. I will now improve these CaS' with the advice you have given me.

My desktop is now up and running! I shall now continue to upload regularly.

Back