Dampierre and Co's CaS Tips and Tricks Compendium Curio~!

Fantastic art, so autenthic with the background history, and so well executed...i am truly impressed you pulled that one off so cleverly, especially the top part by merging the two horns.
Challenge passed !

A Native American calumet has a distinctive design, common across a vast geography and many different cultures. That design features a bowl carved of pipestone, which is whatver locally available mineral is attractively marbled and easily carved, and that bowl features a protrusion at the end of the pipe, giving the whole carved piece the sahpe of a T (a short, upside-down T). That takes 2 objects, plus another for the stem, as seen here. A ceremonial version, that is a peace pipe, would have exxaggerated features like a long stem and decoration like feathers and beads; you can see one depicted on the state flag of Oklahoma. Alas that'd take 4 object slots; here's the best I can do.
View attachment 27968View attachment 27969I didn't actually check which tribes that made beaded moccasins in a certain pattern also used blue pipestone; there ws trade after all.

That's just beautiful.

Finally managed a shisha pipe (er, hookah). Wish I had a caterpillar costume.
Shisha.png
Shisha detail.png

and that girl is smoking hot too

Thanks. I was really just showing off the pipe design, and I don't consider the character complete yet, but belly dancers work in shisha bars and sometimes use the pipe in their acts, so that's where I was going with it. -GEF

i also saw that treasure map in the back sticker work in your gallery - love ... id say the area you need to RnD is colors though if you dont mind me saying that

Thanks for the compliments, Vilarcane and Le Bello. I particularly like the map on the armband myself, almost as much as the parrot. As for the suggestion, it is quite appropos. I've a mild form of color-blindness, an easy cross to bear as I can see every color, but only if it's intense. For tones, I'm fine with blue, but green and red (and hence purple and yellow) blend into white for me. I flunked freshmen chem lab, because more than half of our experiements involved titration, and I always needed a few extra drops before I could see the color change. I'll ask my wife to help me with the desaturation. -GEF

Thanks for the compliments, Vilarcane and Le Bello. I particularly like the map on the armband myself, almost as much as the parrot. As for the suggestion, it is quite appropos. I've a mild form of color-blindness, an easy cross to bear as I can see every color, but only if it's intense. For tones, I'm fine with blue, but green and red (and hence purple and yellow) blend into white for me. I flunked freshmen chem lab, because more than half of our experiements involved titration, and I always needed a few extra drops before I could see the color change. I'll ask my wife to help me with the desaturation. -GEF

Oh ! sorry to hear that (Vil pinches himself for being involuntarily rude)...we have our share of sight issues in the family (severe ones at that) but i am not affected by either color blindness or the family's curse...called stickler syndrome.

And i don't smoke any of your wild contraptions either, so i am rather ok healthwise atm (provided stress on the job isn't a disease of course ;o)

is the desaturation your wife is doing for you some kind of kinky stuff i wouldn't know about ?...

...just joking of course (Vil pinches himself for doing freshman level joke)

I was really just showing off the pipe design, and I don't consider the character complete yet, but belly dancers work in shisha bars...

Changed the pics in post 184. Possibly still need to work on less intense colors but in this case the costume is supposed to look fiery to match the weapon, hence a phoenix on the tablecloth and red'n'yellow feathers on her skirt. Tried a darker skintone, but it didn't look good. Shisha pipe takes all 3 object slots so I had to use stickers for earrings. -GEF

PS: Read about Stickler on Wikipedia, sounds way worse than my issues. All the best to your kin who must deal with it, Vil.

Changed the pics in post 184. Possibly still need to work on less intense colors but in this case the costume is supposed to look fiery to match the weapon, hence a phoenix on the tablecloth and red'n'yellow feathers on her skirt. Tried a darker skintone, but it didn't look good. Shisha pipe takes all 3 object slots so I had to use stickers for earrings. -GEF

PS: Read about Stickler on Wikipedia, sounds way worse than my issues. All the best to your kin who must deal with it, Vil.

Thx for caring Gef - ooooh that girl edit n pipe look really better now - applies seal of approval for the hard work i know to be behind it ;o

Going back to my bigger lips post:

Many people I met online stated it looked like my men were wearing lipstick. To fix this, I put them under make-up then used that lipstick color to match mimic their base skin color. The dithering effect, granted by the cracks in the lipstick sticker helps, make the lips look more naturally colored.

Ok i dont know where else to go but place by view is really starting to piss my off. All i want to do is put a simple sticker to apper on the sleeve of the coat and the sleeve only and i keep getting this
D10A9743-38EE-4D13-9358-33ADE6F138BD-11967-00001877FEAF6D28_zps9ef8a518.jpg

LOOK AT THIS SHIT. LOOK AT IT
89BD200D-F741-4EF8-A06B-91637B94C212-11967-0000187807F49466_zpsbb197ee7.jpg

LOOK AT IT
9A5C31C1-5718-4448-B1B7-AED6470D5D5A-11967-000018780D71DF9D_zpsfe34dacf.jpg
LOOOK AT IT
C2824752-2D67-4329-8B27-5A4A39F8F73A-11967-0000187811837746_zps79d0a400.jpg
LOOK AT IT
I WANT YOU TO LOOOOK AT IIIIIIIIIT.
If i sound pissed off, its because I am, THIS SHIT HAS BEEN DRIVING ME INSANE SINCE THIS GAME CAME OUT

Oh, okay, now I see what you're getting at. I used to have that problem, too. Try placing by view on the opposite sleeve. Your perspective would be coming down from the left sleeve, but you'd slide the camera and sticker over to the right sleeve. You should be able to minimize any unwanted stickering that way.

Placing by view has always sucked. Just use pacing by axis.
Place by axis doesnt work well with coat sleeves,
CF2E1326-BA49-414D-9147-56061912B843-11967-0000187923368560_zps24db4806.jpg

LOOK AT IT NORIK, LOOOK AT IT I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT IIIIII*shot*
Oh, okay, now I see what you're getting at. I used to have that problem, too. Try placing by view on the opposite sleeve. Your perspective would be coming down from the left sleeve, but you'd slide the camera and sticker over to the right sleeve. You should be able to minimize any unwanted stickering that way.
Mmmmm, i'll give that a try

Holy shit it works, goddamn this could've saved a boatload of donut rage from happening earlier >_>
Thanks pas, really apperieciate the help

If that's shitdonte you're making you can take it right out of my thread. And this forum. And this planet.

Back