Dampierre Combo Discussion - Such Perfection From Le Bello!

Ooofmatic

World Warrior
Dampierre Move Abbreviations:

PB = Poker Bluff (stance)
FP = Fake Pain (stance)
B!E! = "Bravo! Encore!" a.k.a. 623K.K.K.K.K.K.K.K (Just)

Combos on Normal Hit

3AAA = 30 dmg
3AAA.... (opponent cornered) = Indefinite dmg (random)

1A ~ 2B = 32 dmg

6B ~ 2B = 28 dmg
6B ~ 1B = 32 dmg
6B ~ 3K = 30 dmg
6B ~ 11_77KK = 33 dmg (unsafe on hit if ukemi traps)
6B ~ 22_88K = 32 dmg

623B ~ B+G = 70+ dmg (can be escaped)
623B ~ A+G = 70 dmg (can be escaped)
623B ~ A+G (random) = 80 dmg (can be escaped)
623B ~ B!E! ~ 4B = 84 dmg
623B ~ RCC A+B ~ B!E! ~ 4B = 98 dmg
623B ~ 623B ~ B!E! ~ 4B = 103 dmg
623B ~ 623B ~ RCC A+B ~ B!E! ~ 4B = dmg

22_88K (max range) ~ 4B = 51 dmg

B+K ~ B!E! ~ 4B = 65 dmg
B+K ~ A+B ~ B!E! ~ 4B = 75 dmg
B+K ~ 623B ~ RCC A+B ~ B!E! ~ 4B = 90 dmg

22_88B ~ 44K = 40 dmg
22_88B ~ 44K ~ PB (random) = 42 dmg
22_88B ~ 44K BE = 70 dmg
22_88B ~ 44K BE ~ PB (random) = 44 dmg (unsafe on hit)

Combos on Counter Hit

CH 6A ~ 1B = 38 dmg

Much more to come!

As combos are discovered, feel free to add/discuss them here. Valid combos will be added to the original post shortly after they are posted.

623B WRK 1B is my favorite replacement to the already given 623B 6B 1B.....al because of the rising double-knee-to-crotch move.

11B 44BKBK

33B BE 8B+K

33B W! 8B+k 44BKB (I could never get the last K to connect but I didn't try it much)

33B BE 66K W! 3BB

I'm still learning the whole 8 way run thing, so I hope I get this right.

623B 623KKKKKKKK 4B

It's kinda hard to pull off, but man, when you do, you feel awesome.

Good find on that 623B x2 combo Reave. That helps his damage a bit. I like to throw 623K after 623B because it does a bit more damage if you get a good number of hits. Does anyone know what the deal is with 623K JF? Is it a mashing type JF or is it timed with the hits? I can't hit it consistently at all

No problem.

The 623K JF is strange to me. When I first tried it I mashed it and got it every time. The next day that method didn't work anymore.

Credit to the AI because you can connect 623K after the 623B x2

yeah its weird. I kinda feel like its not just a mash, because I've done it when i was tapping K at a fast but steady pace a few times. Turning on turbos on my stick doesn't seem to make it consistent either.

We'll never know unless frame data is available, the developers talk, or someone scrubs the entire move through tool assist. Seems like a series of semi-wide just frames to me, but that's just how it feels.

I always single tap each individual input for it (unless I'm playing online - then I just mash it), and I do get it every now and then. In Broken Destiny I could get it over 90% of the time, but they made the JF much more difficult in SCV. Right now I can get it maybe 10% of the time if I'm lucky. It's all about rhythm. My record so far is doing it 4 times in a row without mashing in training mode.

A+B(Warning, he break dances on random for those who don't know) then 66KB(Did I say that right?) Obligatory to vet Damp users, but I'm just posting a combo. Dampierre seems like a ton of fun. 623K JFs are just fun to do. But iirc(and pardon my post damp vets), but doesn't 4B combo after that if you nail the 623K JFs?

623B~623B~B!E!~4B only deals 103 damage while 22B~B!E!~4B deals 124 damage. For starting it off with 22B, my tip is to mash K for the first two kicks of B!E!, then inputting the rest via precision. The JF on the first two kicks are the most lenient and I know most people who use the d-pad will have trouble transitioning from 22B to B!E!'s input. Hope that helps.
Now I have a really important question. When Damp enters PB from A+B, what should be the correct course of action? Simply stand up or use some PB moves? This befuddles mah head. -.-"

Back