Dampierre Combo Discussion - Such Perfection From Le Bello!

Just some obvious combos I forgot to post:

623B 623B RCC A+B W! 3AAAAA...

B+K 623B RCC A+B W! 3AAAAA...

623B RCC A+B 66K W! 3AAAAA...

B+K A+B 66K W! 3AAAAA...

My favourite combos that I haven't seen listed:

A+B 66K 1B - 84 dmg
I use this one to punish whiffs, as they won't be blocking so the random A+B spin out won't really hurt you if it happens.

8B+K CH B!E! 4B - 140 dmg (if done perfectly)
I use this one to punish big whiffs as the first hit has to be a CH, after that it takes a bit of skill/luck to finish the combo but you look like a boss if you do...

44A B - 40 dmg
I know it's just a basic combo but I find a brilliant starter because no one seems to know the second hit is coming and it has KND.

AA:1A 1B - 44 dmg
There are many different versions of this combo but it basically involves a quick 1A after your opponent has blocked your combo and AA is -8 on BLK so I tend to stick with that. 1A has auto Gi on all high mid and low attacks, both vertical and horizontal! If your opponent decides to grab then Damp ducks under, it's beautiful! Obviously it doesn't work every time as the auto Gi window is pretty small but I find it a beautiful tool in his limited arsenal and scares the shit out of people :)

I'm pretty sure the opponent can tech and block the 1B in your first combo,

Maybe this might be post patch that I missed but as far as I know 1A only GI's all horizontal and vertical mids and not lows or high

EDIT: OK wow, 1B is a pretty good for tech trap after that combo, even the silly AI falls for it 95% of the time after A+B 66K, so I've been using this all last night.

AZ

Glad I could help Azy. But yeah, you're right, if they block low it doesn't work so it's not technically guaranteed... :/

My 623B 623B B!E! doesn't seem to work against astaroth, the B!E! never seems to connect...

Has anyone else noticed this? or if it happen with any other characters?

623B, WRK, 1B. Simple combo that may have been posted, but it's something since I can't do that awesome B!E! combo all the time......

There is an actual rythem to the "Bravo! Encore!" kicks but the general rule of thumb for a new Dampierre is: if your mashing is to do the first six hits with moderate speed then start mashing hard for the last two hits and you will probably get it. Also, if your doing 623B, you miswell do it twice regardless if you think you might screw up and go into PB, because either way it's safe.

I've seen Galen the Wise (amazing online Dampierre player) backstep and do 8B+K in combos. I think it works after WR K and similar stuns.

Indeed he does... A+B 4:8B+K is guaranteed, but using it after things like WR K is more of a tech trap than a guaranteed. -13 on block so not terribly unsafe.

On certain characters you can get 8B+K after 6B. Some characters can tech out of it in a certain direction, others will get tech trapped by it, but it's fairly reliable depending on who you do it on.

"Galen the Wise" would probably be better off using B!E! after A+B instead; it's easier, does more damage and has that huge potiental to ring out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 8A+B only launch on CH and sometimes against the wall?

You have the best chance of teching and side-stepping Dampierre's moves by moving to his right.

"Galen the Wise" would probably be better off using B!E! after A+B instead; it's easier, does more damage and has that huge potiental to ring out. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 8A+B only launch on CH and sometimes against the wall?
Not after A+B, after stuff like 6B and 1K.

Okay, but IP_III_IIVII_IP did say "Indeed he does... A+B 4:8B+K". But I see, but I'd still rather do 1B afer those other moves, to build up a little spaces if not for anything else, but that depends upon the match-up.

Another small combo to note,

4A 2A+B - 60 dmg
I use this whenever the opponent's health is in yellow (<60 health remaining). These two moves are both over 20dmg individually so don't get scaled by the guts system, meaning it's guaranteed to kill them everytime.
This is not a guaranteed combo but takes advantage of the push back of 4A, the +8 on hit of 4A, the fact that the opponent goes into back turn after 4A and the fact that 2A+B has great range and dodges all highs.

Ah, i see...

Next time i'll write something like "This is not a guaranteed combo but takes advantage of the push back of 4A, the +8 on hit of 4A, the fact that the opponent goes into back turn after 4A and the fact that 2A+B has great range and dodges all highs."

Oh wait... I did!!

This thread is strictly for combos, not tech traps, mind games, or mixups. Combos are defined as hit confirmable juggles, if that's not what you're doing, then it's not a combo. For example: 66A 6B 1B is a combo that does roughly 58 dmg.

You guys might have found this out already, but I swear B!E! doesn't connect on astaroth in mid open field after 623B (x2), I think this might be the time where RCC A+B (test your luck) might be viable (maybe even after a single 623B alone... )but I haven't tried, I'll see how it goes.

Feels quiet in here, perhaps someone will break out with a great discovery that will ignite faith for Dampierre, but in the mean time, lab calls...

AZ

It hits, just dash foward before you input B!E!. It'll probably be a pain to get used to but it's not nearly as difficult to get down the dash after A+B to connect 44BKBK.

Ahh, I've been so used to this combo that I always forget in the game, a small dash really helps aha :)

AZ

Back