Dampierre Status: TOURNAMENT LEGAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Admin
Its been exactly a month since Soulcalibur V was released in America. Up until now, Dampierre has only been available as a pre-order bonus from BestBuy. Well later tonight, the final round of announced DLC will become available on both PSN and XBL; with it comes the Dampierre unlock code!

Previously, Dampierre had been banned from tournaments since he was not readily available to all players. How could you legalize a character that not everybody could use or practice against? Well now, since he is available to everyone with an internet connection (which you need to receive patches anyways), he is officially being declared legal for tournament play per the Official 8WAYRUN.com Sanctioned Ruleset.

Don't have Soulcalibur V yet? First, whats wrong with you? It is by far the best fighting game on the market today. Secondly, you're in luck! Amazon.com is now offering a special discount of $20 off the game. Who knows how long the sale will last, so get on it while you can. Click the image link below to go directly to the sale.

amazon.jpg
* NOTE * Some major tournaments have already declared their rules and at this point would be too late to change them as they have been set in stone for some time. During the next few months, you may continue to see Dampierre banned from the larger scale events.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
speaking of the "official 8wayrun.com sanctioned ruleset" it appears you have adopted a loser has choice of everything route. this rule in particular concerns me, "Return to character select to choose a new character and stage".

i think this needs to be tweaked slightly mainly because we now have stages with no walls and no ROs. being in a 1-1 situation against asta/night/sieg and having the ability to select one of these stages seems like too much.

i'm not saying its impossible to win with these characters on said stages, but it is most certainly an uphill battle.

speaking of the "official 8wayrun.com sanctioned ruleset" it appears you have adopted a loser has choice of everything route. this rule in particular concerns me, "Return to character select to choose a new character and stage".

i think this needs to be tweaked slightly mainly because we now have stages with no walls and no ROs. being in a 1-1 situation against asta/night/sieg and having the ability to select one of these stages seems like too much.

i'm not saying its impossible to win with these characters on said stages, but it is most certainly an uphill battle.

I agree.

I pretty much ignore "stage choice" rules. You get random, and you will like it.

sorry, its supposed to say "new random stage".

I just want to put it out there that if you already bought SCV period, you technically already bought Dampierre. He's literally on-disc DLC. You all should be up in arms that a char that is already on the disc your already paid $60 for is locked away unless you pay for the content again you've technically already paid for once. This practice shouldn't even be legal. I mean imagine if you bought a DVD but then you couldn't watch the last 10 minutes of the movie EVEN THOUGH IT'S ALREADY ON THE VERY DISC IN YOUR HAND unless you paid another $5. C'mon people, we need to chew Namco out about this. We need to stop letting the game industry get away with this bullshit practice of charging us twice for something we already paid for.

Also, this applies to ALL of the Customization Equipment DLC. It too is ALL on-disc already. AND same for the classic music DLC. ALL OF THIS STUFF IS LITERALLY ALREADY ON THE DISC YOU ALREADY PAID $60 FOR!

I just want to put it out there that if you already bought SCV period, you technically already bought Dampierre. He's literally on-disc DLC. You all should be up in arms that a char that is already on the disc your already paid $60 for is locked away unless you pay for the content again you've technically already paid for once. This practice shouldn't even be legal. I mean imagine if you bought a DVD but then you couldn't watch the last 10 minutes of the movie EVEN THOUGH IT'S ALREADY ON THE VERY DISC IN YOUR HAND unless you paid another $5. C'mon people, we need to chew Namco out about this. We need to stop letting the game industry get away with this bullshit practice of charging us twice for something we already paid for.

No.

Also, this applies to ALL of the Customization Equipment DLC. It too is ALL on-disc already. AND same for the classic music DLC. ALL OF THIS STUFF IS LITERALLY ALREADY ON THE DISC YOU ALREADY PAID $60 FOR!

Well, I could have gone to Best Buy in America and paid $60 for this and had only the content in question - Dampierre. Instead, I chose to receive a $25 credit as a thank you for my $60 worth of patronage somewhere else.

Now, I don't feel too bad about spending the credit on something I already paid for because, even though that's exactly what I'm doing, it's exactly what I'm... doing? Which is exactly what I wanted to do.

Game with completed character slots for $40. And I still have a discount from not buying all the extra music and costume packs... No extra money spent from my pocket.

lol tournament legal the same day he's released? that doesn't seem like the best decision that could've been made. was this your decision alone or did you talk it over with some form of hierarchy? I remember in SC2 the console specific characters like Sophitia, Berzerker, Assasain were locked for the first few weeks to allow players to become familiar with these characters and to figure out if they were properly balanced. So I wouldn't be surprised one bit by major tournaments not allowing him to be used right away. it shouldn't be a disclaimer, but should be expected as common courtesy to competitors.

Yes but since video games are an incremental unlock scam as it is now perhaps people will not mind supporting a game that we had thought was on its last legs...

DLC is never good value whether its already on the disc or sitting tenuously in some developers recycle bin.

I do love La Bello though, now if Namco will just allow customisation for christ sake.

I have:
SCV on Xbox 360
The futurepress guide
Two promtional SCV T shirts
One promotional SCV strap
One Ivy bobble head
One Mitsurugi bobble head
The Dampierre DLC

The DLC was the only thing I paid for, which brings the above list's subtotal to: 400 Microsoft points.

NAMCO - YOU THIEVING BASTARDS!!!

Well games are cheaper now than they used to be. I don't mind having the option to pay an extra $10 or so for a bit of content if the avg retail price for a disc stays level. Would you rather pay $80 or $90 for a new game or pay $60 and have the option to get all the DLC or things like extra MW3 maps later on if you like the game.

At least we have the option now of buying it all or going with a lean retail only purchase. We never had a choice before. I can't think of any other product that costs the same as it did in the early 90's - even the vig on a bet is more than it used to be in Vegas.

If you like the DLC buy it. If you don't, then enjoy your 2012 game @ 1992 prices.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...ruth-game-prices-have-come-down-with-time.ars

Status
Not open for further replies.

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back