Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

56 games and 0 wins today. I'm still having trouble with Rondo follow-ups, sidestep follow-ups, and 3P+K follow-ups.

From what I could see you were focusing too much on trying to set stuff up. Her BT OH is really good but you had a very noticeable rhythm with it. My buddy usually got me with it after sneaky Rondo transitions. Marie Rose's pokes are pretty good and are very safe. I think a good idea may be to focus on developing her neutral game before attempting to implement her setups. Though, practising the Rondo tech isn't a bad idea either. I'm not a huge fan of Marie's roll because of how relatively easily it can be dealt with, but when spaced well, it can be effective at times. Anyway, GG's dude, and don't give up!

From what I could see you were focusing too much on trying to set stuff up. Her BT OH is really good but you had a very noticeable rhythm with it. My buddy usually got me with it after sneaky Rondo transitions. Marie Rose's pokes are pretty good and are very safe. I think a good idea may be to focus on developing her neutral game before attempting to implement her setups. Though, practising the Rondo tech isn't a bad idea either. I'm not a huge fan of Marie's roll because of how relatively easily it can be dealt with, but when spaced well, it can be effective at times. Anyway, GG's dude, and don't give up!

I wasn't attempting Rondo on purpose after I said I couldn't get it to work. That was my poor execution skills at play. Same deal with empty 3P+K (admittedly a few were supposed to be 6p+k), 6Ts instead HCF T, high holds instead on mid holds ( I saw all the CB attempts), and 8 and 7K screw ups. Not to mention tons of mess ups on PPP which should have been PP6P, PPK or PP6K.

I think my neutral game is pretty good, but I do use 6P a lot to counter players. If I tried anything slower like 9P I would usually eat counter hits. Same deal with 2P 3K CH.

56 games and 0 wins today. I'm still having trouble with Rondo follow-ups, sidestep follow-ups, and 3P+K follow-ups.

Im sure that me and some people including..mentioned it.
Just upload some of your fights..then im sure we can help you out to improve your playstyle.
And dont be lazy to make some youtube channel..its a work of a few minutes.
Just do it!=)

^ This gal knows what's up!

I could tell that you were trying things out Windstar. A suggestion I could make is to try your setups against the AI offline so that you can get used to performing them against a moving opponent before attempting them online. I will also note that online latency will mess with your execution timings. First order of business should be to commit your setups to muscle memory.

I will not make a YouTube channel, but if you want my replays, you can send me a password to a shared YouTube channel and I will upload them there.

I will not make a YouTube channel, but if you want my replays, you can send me a password to a shared YouTube channel and I will upload them there.

-_-

Just make an anonymous one, with some made up e-mail. I have a YT channel and have encountered no problems whatsoever with it.

You have an niconico account right?
Then upload it there!
(or dailymotion etc...there are many other portals to upload vids if you dislike youtube)
Then upload it there!
(on the other hand i would really like to know why you won`t make a Youtube account)
Dying out of curiosity here lol
PS:isnt here on 8wayrun some function to upload some vids on the community profile page?
Edit: you can also upload it on your fakebook(facebook) account.
Now dont tell me plz that you dont have one....

How can I upload a replay to niconico when the only uploading function in ultimate is for YouTube? I don't have a capture card, so uploading to dailymotion is a no go. I don't use Facebook, either, so I don't have an account there.

How can I upload a replay to niconico when the only uploading function in ultimate is for YouTube? I don't have a capture card, so uploading to dailymotion is a no go. I don't use Facebook, either, so I don't have an account there.
You got a Phone?
Record it...upload it on a upload portal like mediafire/mega etc...send me the link and i would gladly upload your vids on my youtube.
Deal?

You got a Phone?
Record it...upload it on a upload portal like mediafire/mega etc...send me the link and i would gladly upload your vids on my youtube.
Deal?

I have a dumb phone, no camera.

Say how does one deal with players who run away when they have frame advantage?

Example: A Kasumi player uses 66KK (hit), then 9P, 9P, 9P, 9P, 9P. Then stays put. Later, the player will attempt a 4PP (or 1PP), which is blocked, then mashes PPP2K. Naturally, the player eats counter hits all the time, but when they do connect with hits, they run far away as possible. Oddly enough, the habit is so bad that they're 9Ping or backing up into a wall or further into a corner. I can't really punish this, since they have frame advantage. But its kinda frustrating dealing with high level players like this (B- to A).

Last edited:
I have a dumb phone, no camera.

Say how does one deal with players who run away when they have frame advantage?

Example: A Kasumi player uses 66KK (hit), then 9P, 9P, 9P, 9P, 9P. Then stays put. Later, the player will attempt a 4PP (or 1PP), which is blocked, then mashes PPP2K. Naturally, the player eats counter hits all the time, but when they do connect with hits, they run far away as possible. Oddly enough, the habit is so bad that they're 9Ping or backing up into a wall or further into a corner. I can't really punish this, since they have frame advantage. But its kinda frustrating dealing with high level players like this (B- to A).
This may sound easy what im gonna say..but you told everything now that can help you...doa has a great sparring mode...and you can record the KI actions to simulate such situations....and you can also adjust the netcode.
Which is also great..just use it in the sparring mode your trial and error tests...
Or just pick up Kas and try it against the AI on high difficulty to see how he is handling it
(sometimes the buttonreading from the Ai is really handy he)
But just a question before im gonna go on...do you have a main?
I read from your posts many times that you are skipping through the charas but dunno who you really play as.
Im playing with Kas and no really a 2nd chara(ok koko is fun sometimes...like her setups etc).

I I can't really punish this, since they have frame advantage. But its kinda frustrating dealing with high level players like this (B- to A).

I don't think I'd ever consider a B Rank or A Rank to be a "high level player". Actually I don't think I've ever used an online rank to ascertain a player's skill level. Too much bullshit illegitimizes online ranks. That player was douching you. Doesn't matter if they have frame advantage, call them on their douchebaggery and fight back. Don't let people bullshit you so easily.

I also agree with Amanda to choose a main. Using multiple characters doesn't help you build up any speciality and you just get frustrated from the lack of progress. I stick with one character and it has done wonders for me.

If it makes you feel better Windstar I'll post a video where I get my shit wrecked:

I made a lot of errors here, but a lot of them don't become apparent until you watch your self play. If you let someone else watch vids of your play, it'll be very easy for us to critique you. If you want to improve, stop making excuses and do what's needed.

If it makes you feel better Windstar I'll post a video where I get my shit wrecked:

I made a lot of errors here, but a lot of them don't become apparent until you watch your self play. If you let someone else watch vids of your play, it'll be very easy for us to critique you. If you want to improve, stop making excuses and do what's needed.
Subscribed ;)
There are many replays from all kinds of fighters(doa,sc,sf4,tt2,ds3,3rdstrike etc) from me to...so i still dont understand what the problem is...

Swearing off rondo seems to have been a good idea. 17 wins out of 21 games.

I still had to contend with a lot of dumb gimmicky players, especially in the A and B ranks. But I did manage to score a few wins against some of them.

I'm not ignoring you. The suggestions you've made about sparring/free training and arcade mode is something I already do and have done since well before the release of Ultimate.

In fact, I don't touch any options outside of Training and Fight. I don't normally go online, all my online fights, as it were come strictly from throwdowns while I'm free training or playing Arcade mode's harder difficulties. If I come up against something online I don't quite know how to deal with, I run through that character in free training and analyze the move's frames, range, and more. I study all the replays I record (though I often end up with doubles of every match). I play a few hours every few days and take occasional breaks during play. I do everything a good player should or could do. I start with the basics, I don't do anything too advanced or too complex (though I practice the stuff), I don't play complex characters anymore, and keep to beginner friendly characters.

If you want to know my character usage, I have over 3,000 games play with Kokoro between DoA5 and Ultimate, no other character even comes close to 1,000 plays. Marie Rose on ultimate is now my second most played character at 684 games played. Kokoro has around 1,700 wins, Marie Rose has 247. There are characters with a higher number of wins (Brad, and Momiji), but fewer plays overall. Speaking solely of Ultimate's game, Kokoro leads at 764 games. Its very likely that Marie Rose will soon beat that number. Everyone else hovers around 400 or (much) less.

Now for today, again swearing off Rondo has paid off and I'm at 11 wins out of 16 games tonight. There were a lot fewer challenges this evening. Several of my losses come strictly from a Tina player who couldn't stop running easy gimmicky stuff (4K BT P+K or T, 3H+K, 1P, PP6PK). After losing one match to the player I got really pissed off and reamed him in the next game. According to the replay I beat him in 43 seconds. probably less if you don't count the intros and outros.

I'm not ignoring you. The suggestions you've made about sparring/free training and arcade mode is something I already do and have done since well before the release of Ultimate.

In fact, I don't touch any options outside of Training and Fight. I don't normally go online, all my online fights, as it were come strictly from throwdowns while I'm free training or playing Arcade mode's harder difficulties. If I come up against something online I don't quite know how to deal with, I run through that character in free training and analyze the move's frames, range, and more. I study all the replays I record (though I often end up with doubles of every match). I play a few hours every few days and take occasional breaks during play. I do everything a good player should or could do. I start with the basics, I don't do anything too advanced or too complex (though I practice the stuff), I don't play complex characters anymore, and keep to beginner friendly characters.

If you want to know my character usage, I have over 3,000 games play with Kokoro between DoA5 and Ultimate, no other character even comes close to 1,000 plays. Marie Rose on ultimate is now my second most played character at 684 games played. Kokoro has around 1,700 wins, Marie Rose has 247. There are characters with a higher number of wins (Brad, and Momiji), but fewer plays overall. Speaking solely of Ultimate's game, Kokoro leads at 764 games. Its very likely that Marie Rose will soon beat that number. Everyone else hovers around 400 or (much) less.

Now for today, again swearing off Rondo has paid off and I'm at 11 wins out of 16 games tonight. There were a lot fewer challenges this evening. Several of my losses come strictly from a Tina player who couldn't stop running easy gimmicky stuff (4K BT P+K or T, 3H+K, 1P, PP6PK). After losing one match to the player I got really pissed off and reamed him in the next game. According to the replay I beat him in 43 seconds. probably less if you don't count the intros and outros.

You do all this, yet you're apprehensive about allowing anyone to view your replays of your matches to allow for detailed critiques. You even shunned Rikuto at one point which is a huge no-no for improving at DOA. You tend to complain about your own gameplay experience more than others in this thread.

Back