Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

You do all this, yet you're apprehensive about allowing anyone to view your replays of your matches to allow for detailed critiques. You even shunned Rikuto at one point which is a huge no-no for improving at DOA. You tend to complain about your own gameplay experience more than others in this thread.

I'm not apprehensive about letting anyone see my replays. If DOA5U had the same system as Tekken 6 did for trading and sharing replays, I would do it in a heartbeat. Signing up for YouTube has nothing to do with me not sharing replays.

I'd like to upload my replays to the leaderboard too, but apparently you need to be a certain rank to do that (and I'm not sure which rank that is). So... that's why I'm struggling to get up in the ranks.

I'm not sure how or when I shunned Rikuto, and if I did, I apologize. I do remember asking for further Bayman help on what stuns were useful to use and not getting a response, but I assumed that Rikuto never saw them or had simply stopped posting here. I wasn't going to press or pester him if he did not want to help.

I'll be streaming and hosting a lobby on XboxLive today at 5pm PST. If you're interested in playing today, lemme know here or send me a message on XboxLive telling me you want an invite. My gamertag is II Hajin II.

I am more than willing to critique or lend advice if requested.

http://www.twitch.tv/team_best

8 games and 4 wins today. I didn't really play too much, as I was practicing and experimenting with some ideas on 8PPP launch heights and combos.

I want to start implementing MR's advanced holds, but I'm not sure of the best way to practice it, or have any real ideas on on how to implement it into my game. Any ideas? I would imagine Bayman, Lei-Fang, and Pai players might have some good ideas. Although MR's advanced holds have a bit more shenanigans and yomi than most.

9 wins out of 11 games today. One of my losses came from a rather laggy match with a Momiji player. Unlike other Momiji players, this one did not abuse 1PP or 1PK, but tended to play rather linear and focused on a lot of double jump attacks, none of which were very good. It was very difficult to sidestep and I didn't want to try anything too fancy on this player, either.

My other loss came from an aspiring Mila player. Sorta tried to get train the player into hold certain moves and predict certain things. Instead I got caught up in frame traps and counters for being a bit too aggressive. Still, once they figured it out, they started to play pretty good. So I like this particular player.

Managed to pick up an 8-game win streak and moved up to B rank thanks to the defeat of an A+ player and later, steamrolled a A- Marie Rose player - I don't think he expected me to play the way I did there.

As far as tech is concerned, I haven't incorporated advanced holds into my matches yet, but I'm starting to move into 3P+K mix ups. 3P+K is pretty risky all around, but post stun works really well in conditioning opponents and even punishing aggressive opponents. I've found that 3P+KK guarantees both BT P+K, BT 4P and others. So far, I just go for the launch and work from there, there's nothing the opponent can do after it anyway. I don't care much for the throw, but if you get your opponent into a position where they are afraid of any follow-ups from 3P+K and 3P+KP isn't working out, the throw comes in as a useful tool. All in all, I wouldn't bother using 3P+K too much because its slow and its easy to counter it, but if you've got some advantage on your opponent (or they just like running highs), its worth a shot to use. Don't bother on wake-up, though.

Moved up to B+ after taking down a 17 win Bayman and an B- Marie Rose player. Picked up 14 wins out of 17 games today.

I fought an A- or A ranked Ayane player who had the most bizarrely dumb play style I ever saw. Opening match would consist of PPP, then jump back and either do 66 BT T or 66 BT K. And that's all. He kept doing it after I punished him with 230 damage CB combo. He kept to it after I near perfect'd him. Ultimately, I lost the fight trying to figure if he'd do something different, but he never did.

Likewise, I fought a Jann Lee player who fell into the same CB combo, 6PP H+K, 6P+K. He was incredibly rigid in doing this every time. I beat him three times and I'm pretty sure he still didn't understand what he was doing wrong.

Does anyone know of anyone that still plays DOA5. I need help getting an online trophy and theres no one on the online game. If so, add me iPlayRobot-88

Moved up to B+ after taking down a 17 win Bayman and an B- Marie Rose player. Picked up 14 wins out of 17 games today.

I fought an A- or A ranked Ayane player who had the most bizarrely dumb play style I ever saw. Opening match would consist of PPP, then jump back and either do 66 BT T or 66 BT K. And that's all. He kept doing it after I punished him with 230 damage CB combo. He kept to it after I near perfect'd him. Ultimately, I lost the fight trying to figure if he'd do something different, but he never did.

Likewise, I fought a Jann Lee player who fell into the same CB combo, 6PP H+K, 6P+K. He was incredibly rigid in doing this every time. I beat him three times and I'm pretty sure he still didn't understand what he was doing wrong.

This is exactly why I can't stand fighting Ayane players online. They just try to abuse the cheapest shit and usually have no idea what the fuck they're doing. Furthermore, never try to "condition" random opponents to do something you want them to do, because they usually have no idea what you're trying to do. You can't force the metagame on random opponents, you need to build up to it by properly reading your opponent. Just play normally until the opponents show that they know how to deal with your playstyle. If they don't adapt, then feel free to rape them with the same shit, over and over. Don't change things up just because you're tired of doing the same thing, or because you think the opponent will change tactics, when in actuality they're either autopiloting or don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Lastly, stop placing value in ranks, they mean fuck all.

This is exactly why I can't stand fighting Ayane players online. They just try to abuse the cheapest shit and usually have no idea what the fuck they're doing. Furthermore, never try to "condition" random opponents to do something you want them to do, because they usually have no idea what you're trying to do. You can't force the metagame on random opponents, you need to build up to it by properly reading your opponent. Just play normally until the opponents show that they know how to deal with your playstyle. If they don't adapt, then feel free to rape them with the same shit, over and over. Don't change things up just because you're tired of doing the same thing, or because you think the opponent will change tactics, when in actuality they're either autopiloting or don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Lastly, stop placing value in ranks, they mean fuck all.

That's pretty much what I'm doing. 6P CHs all day, every day. No Rondo, no BT, barely rolling; just counter hit stuns, throw or launch into combo.

BTW, just how vulnerable is Ayane after a whiffed BT 66K or T? I haven't tried launching or P+K post whiff/guard on them and just go for 6PP 9P guarantees. I'm wondering if I could set up an OH Hi-Counter.

8 games and 3 wins today. Mostly my losses come from stubbornness and heavy amounts of lag (like, wow was that bad). There was one Gen Fu player that I fought a few times, but I wasn't sure if he was actually good, or not. There was no real attempt at conditioning or anything else. Lots of 6P and 3P with the occasional command throw, catch and standing K. I think the player was more or less trying to push frames over anything else.

I've been interested in picking up Ayane and Christie.

Are there any notable players I can watch to get a better understanding of they play these characters?

Force of nature and hajinshinobi are both pretty good Ayane players. If you're new to the game, some of the stuff they do may fly over your head, but they are still worth checking out.

I'm not apprehensive about letting anyone see my replays. If DOA5U had the same system as Tekken 6 did for trading and sharing replays, I would do it in a heartbeat. Signing up for YouTube has nothing to do with me not sharing replays.

I'd like to upload my replays to the leaderboard too, but apparently you need to be a certain rank to do that (and I'm not sure which rank that is). So... that's why I'm struggling to get up in the ranks.

I'm not sure how or when I shunned Rikuto, and if I did, I apologize. I do remember asking for further Bayman help on what stuns were useful to use and not getting a response, but I assumed that Rikuto never saw them or had simply stopped posting here. I wasn't going to press or pester him if he did not want to help.

With advantage, 3P, 6PK (incredible pressure for hold baiting since they fall to the ground if you wait), 2KK on CH is amazing because it's a 2-in-1 with a smaller stun window afterwards which makes it easy to set up a DDT with a good probability of high counter damage.

3PP6K8/2P+K side roll loops are great for fucking with an enemies head because the knee gives a stun just short enough to set up a tank roll OH, and if they respond in time by ducking you can opt not to use the OH and just repeat the string again. keep them locked down.

Without advantage, PK is amazing on CH. You can finish it with PKK for a guaranteed ground throw or you can take the advantage gained from it and press the offense.

Back