Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

Most good players do not find Phase 4 difficult at all bro, lol. And her execution are not just frames. And most will tell you that she is a lot easier than Akira, even Jacky for that matter.

Most good players do not find Phase 4 difficult at all bro, lol. And her execution are not just frames. And most will tell you that she is a lot easier than Akira, even Jacky for that matter.
ah, but once again, i said "day 1". and this is coming from a guy that plays soul calibur mostly. so having just frame haits carry over from that game to DOA give a different difficulty that other people that don't play soul calibur probably experience. but like i said. to each his own.

Anyone have any practical ideas for practicing advanced holds? I want to use them more in play, but I'm unsure of how to improve my success rate.

Anyone have any practical ideas for practicing advanced holds? I want to use them more in play, but I'm unsure of how to improve my success rate.
just practice doing them to the point that it becomes muscle memory. that way you're doing a 64H as fast as you would do a 4H.

ah, but once again, i said "day 1". and this is coming from a guy that plays soul calibur mostly. so having just frame haits carry over from that game to DOA give a different difficulty that other people that don't play soul calibur probably experience. but like i said. to each his own.

What I said meant Day 1 up till now. Her execution is not hard and "again", she does not have just frames. Stop making me repeat myself man.

Fun stuff; you can high punch hold 1PP even on CH. Thus, it appears that only P4's 2 in 1s are natural combos.

Yeah, take note that all of her natural combos are unsafe. Infact, almost everything this character has is unsafe, she's a pretty awful character at neutral. Just blocking her really puts her in a bad situation because the only way she's really going to open you up "in neutral" is by tick throwing you. Going past PP is bad for this character because her strings are not scary at all. And her only in-string low variant is PP2K. Blocking her 6P is bad for her for the same reasons as PP (and even PP6P). 6P can be thrown on reaction offline if it's free cancelled since she has no reliable follow ups that will make any good player say "Oh she did 6P, respect her". She commits on block, she gets thrown, she free cancels, she gets thrown.

What I said meant Day 1 up till now. Her execution is not hard and "again", she does not have just frames. Stop making me repeat myself man.

Yeah, take note that all of her natural combos are unsafe. Infact, almost everything this character has is unsafe, she's a pretty awful character at neutral. Just blocking her really puts her in a bad situation because the only way she's really going to open you up "in neutral" is by tick throwing you. Going past PP is bad for this character because her strings are not scary at all. And her only in-string low variant is PP2K. Blocking her 6P is bad for her for the same reasons as PP (and even PP6P). 6P can be thrown on reaction offline if it's free cancelled since she has no reliable follow ups that will make any good player say "Oh she did 6P, respect her". She commits on block, she gets thrown, she free cancels, she gets thrown.

Yep, hence why I said that you need sit back at H+K range and poke from there. Hilariously, H+K is -1 on hit.

The thing is, though, once she gets that hit in, she can do some scary stuff if the player is competent. Canceling into Chifu, however won't work. That stance is bad for poking.

Cancelling into Tenku or Chifu teleports are good during threshold because it is a workable 50/50 for her. Chifu has three strikes and a throw, Tenku has two strikes and a throw. Not to mention following up after teleport with nothing is fine as well, so it can be a good mix up.

Once Phase 4 can get the threshold going, she's quite okay since the mix up is good. But that's like Bass and Ein territory as far as the neutral goes (not really bad but she's just about there in that kind of defensive patience).

Gill would've won that about two rounds ago if he really knew what was punishable. He let a lot of things slip by (of course he'll get there with experience in the match up). That's where XCal's momentum came from in that set, the frame ignorance.

Annoying amounts of lag today. Some very frustrating fights against an Ayane player and a Jann Lee player. Both were pretty terrible, but were able to win thanks to lag making them nearly unpunishable and unholdable.

The Ayane player wasn't anything special - in fact, I'm kinda wondering how he got to B- playing the way he did. His main crux was spamming PPPP then BT T. No matter what I did, I couldn't P, 6P, or K to interrupt the throw attempt. Kept getting thrown.

Jann Lee player was a similar story. Heavy use of 6P (-12 on block) and I couldn't interrupt any free-cancelled follow-ups. K doesn't work in this situation for MR due to Jann's 6P being 11 frames versus 12 frames. All in all, it was a pretty bad day.

just practice doing them to the point that it becomes muscle memory. that way you're doing a 64H as fast as you would do a 4H.

Not having much luck getting them to land.

Not much luck winning either. I've downranked twice and my MR CP has dropped nearly 7,000 points now (13k to nearly 6k).

Still haven't won any offline games either. I think I'm ready to quit.

Not having much luck getting them to land.

Not much luck winning either. I've downranked twice and my MR CP has dropped nearly 7,000 points now (13k to nearly 6k).

Still haven't won any offline games either. I think I'm ready to quit.

Out of curiosity, how much time have you spent playing people offline? It's taken me over a year and a half just trying to get anywhere decent in this game, and a lot of it has to do with playing Momiji since 5U Day 1. You're trying to get that same level with a 4-month old character who's trickier to use effectively. Trust me: try toughing it out. Eventually, you'll find that everything starts clicking.

Back